New limited Luke Skywalker special edition

By KaLeu, in Star Wars: Legion

personally im most salty about the fact that they are almost always for people in the US, the rest of the world gets no love at all (save germany)

1 hour ago, 5particus said:

personally im most salty about the fact that they are almost always for people in the US, the rest of the world gets no love at all (save germany)

The rest of the world just needs to step up their con game. 😎

4 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

The rest of the world just needs to step up their con game. 😎

Or someone their bootlegging game. lol

Anybody got a kenect for the xbox 360 they want to plug in to their pc and scan the sculpture for us?

Or make a two piece mold with some RTV.

2 hours ago, John79 said:

Or make a two piece mold with some RTV.

I like this idea also but it's not as ez to share like the 3d file would be.

On 10/29/2020 at 3:53 PM, 5particus said:

The Polish distributor said the minis will be available in Poland, no info about quantity.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

I plan on casting the Luke and the Obi for "modeling parts" sometime in the future. If I have spare bits I can ship 'em to you. Personally, I'm annoyed that they do strictly exclusive runs. It makes getting scultps that shouldn't be hard to get (Luke in pilot outfit, Obiwan in RotS outfit) extremely expensive. They should consider doing timed exclusives. Limited exclusive run for 6 months to a year, then post 'em up on the webstore.

100% this.

Two there should be. No more, no less. One for Star Wars: Legion, the other for Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures SE.

I'm seeing quite a few pilot Lukes on Ebay as well as on facebook, has anybody's FLGS gotten them early? If so do you know why?

20 minutes ago, CaptMook said:

I'm seeing quite a few pilot Lukes on Ebay as well as on facebook, has anybody's FLGS gotten them early? If so do you know why?

$200+ on ebay. It's a shame really.

Edited by Crawfskeezen
On 10/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, buckero0 said:

@TauntaunScout good to see you're still hanging around ^^

By my ankles, from the roof of a wampa's cave. But yes, I am still.

I was one of the lucky 3 at the hobby store near me to get one of these Luke’s.

I stopped by my FLGS on Thursday and they had two on hand. I grabbed one for $14.99. I stopped by Sunday and they had one left. I was tempted to snag it but I left it for another local.

I don’t think my LGS has theirs yet. We’ll see...

I had been thinking about getting this game for me and my family to play.

This has pretty well turned me off though. I dont need something else I have to jump through hoops for to get the figures or minis I want.

Looks like most of them are getting scalped on ebay...

17 minutes ago, paladin72 said:

This has pretty well turned me off though.

While I'm sympathetic to this, I think it's important to let you know that the components needed to play this character are included in the core kit. The hoth mini and alt art cards are just flare.

Believe me, you're not alone, but I think Legion merits playing even if FFG releases exclusive stuff not everyone will be able to get.

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Yeah I thought they were probably the same. I havent bought a starter yet only 2 or 3 expansions. All Hoth. I had not realized this Luke would be that hard to get.

I dont really know explain my feelings about it. Since this is a war game, Hoth is what I was wanting to set up for and play. Something in me just cant put Bespin Luke on the same field as Tauntauns and Hoth Veterans.

9 minutes ago, paladin72 said:

Yeah I thought they were probably the same. I havent bought a starter yet only 2 or 3 expansions. All Hoth. I had not realized this Luke would be that hard to get.

I dont really know explain my feelings about it. Since this is a war game, Hoth is what I was wanting to set up for and play. Something in me just cant put Bespin Luke on the same field as Tauntauns and Hoth Veterans.

I get it. Aesthetic is a huge part of the hobby for many players. I'd invite you to look into some of the resin 3d printed stuff out there if you decide to go forward with jumping in. Also there are several shops up on shapeways. They're a great way to get sculpts that either aren't released or are rare like this one for a very reasonable price.

For example, for $11

2Um11Wl.png

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sun-and-skull-studios

I did my Lok Durd from this shop because they didn't include him with the tank despite being an upgrade for it.

pfqgUEW.jpg

Edited by Darth Sanguis

That looks like a good option. I hadn't looked into it that far. I may order one and see how it looks. Thanks.

I emailed one of my FLGS about this when I first heard about it in Crabbok's video. That FLGS said they were getting some but didn't know when they'd be putting them on the website. Next thing I know, I'm browsing for another product and see that it is already sold out. I contacted them and sure enough they sold out almost as soon as the listing went up. I guarantee some ****** bought all of them and will be scalping them on Ebay. I talked to another FLGS that I've done a ton of business with and they told me that they aren't doing pre-orders...but at least they are supposedly restricting this to 1 per customer. We'll see if I can snag one of those. 🙄

I find this sort of thing really frustrating. I hope FFG/Asmodee avoids doing stupid crap like this in the future. I'll admit I'm a bit of a completionist and have pretty much all the Legion products but really, ESB was one of my favourite movies as a kid, so trying to find one of these is ticking me off more than normal. :)

Edit: I can't believe some of these are already listed on Ebay for $200+ CAD. lol.

Edited by Digitalfiends

I’m sure it’s somewhere on the thread, but I only read up to page 2.

If you can please help out, for those of us in lockdown (New York) with no FLGS, how do we apply to get one?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I’m sure it’s somewhere on the thread, but I only read up to page 2.

If you can please help out, for those of us in lockdown (New York) with no FLGS, how do we apply to get one?

Thanks!

Only game stores can get them. And what the game stores do with them is up to the individual stores.

I love how this thing have worked out. People running around to stores hoping they got em, some stores or countries won't get any. Stores can sell them fro whatever they want making some getting them from free or even multiple copies for free while some go for 150+$. People scalping them on ebay for a bunch and people being salty for not getting one watching people posting they got multiple copies. You really did the community good with this one FFG...

My LGS got them, but because management saw the eBay prices they’re trying to sell them for $109 :(

Told my local guy who can’t control what they do but is the face of my LGS that I can’t do it, and he disagrees with what they’re doing and hopes they reconsider