The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

37 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I've been figuring it would have to do with making Palps clones more... robust, or longer lived... something.

I don't think the concept of Palpatine clones even existed in canon when this show was pitched.

42 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I've been figuring it would have to do with making Palps clones more... robust, or longer lived... something.

Or something.

4 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

I don't think the concept of Palpatine clones even existed in canon when this show was pitched.

I disagree. RoS and the Mandalorian were being produced relatively concurrently, and the latter did include Force Heal basically concurrent with the former as well. I’m sure each group was in contact with the other and knew what each had planned, especially with regards to what was going to be in the movie in order to make sure the show didn’t create any unnecessary contradictions with the movie.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I disagree. RoS and the Mandalorian were being produced relatively concurrently, and the latter did include Force Heal basically concurrent with the former as well. I’m sure each group was in contact with the other and knew what each had planned , especially with regards to what was going to be in the movie in order to make sure the show didn’t create any unnecessary contradictions with the movie.

yeah... the sequels were "planned" lol :D

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Or something.

I disagree. RoS and the Mandalorian were being produced relatively concurrently, and the latter did include Force Heal basically concurrent with the former as well. I’m sure each group was in contact with the other and knew what each had planned, especially with regards to what was going to be in the movie in order to make sure the show didn’t create any unnecessary contradictions with the movie.

The film doesn't even mention Palpatine clones. I wouldn't be suprised if Abrams still doesn't know about any Palpatine clones.

1 hour ago, micheldebruyn said:

The film doesn't even mention Palpatine clones. I wouldn't be suprised if Abrams still doesn't know about any Palpatine clones.

Abrams was the one who established Palpatine was a clone. It was in the script he wrote and in deleted scenes.

They should have had a flashback scene of Palpatine falling down the DeathStar pit, finally managing to force his way through the World Between Worlds, into a random exit portal, covered in flames... and he has been trying to heal himself since ROTJ... True that few people other than those who watched Rebels would recognize the whole scene, but it would use existing canon and a method of "cheating" death and Palpatine surviving... you could go forward with "Rey kill me and my spirit will pass into you" twist... someone mentioned that if you rewatch ROTJ, with the knowledge of RISE... Palpatine is basically doing the same trap with Luke.

6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

6 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

yeah... the sequels were "planned" lol :D

he's... slightly right

both shows were independant from each others, except from the episode that includes force heal, which was aired specifically before tros theatrical release so that force heal in the movie wasn't seen as a narrative *ss pull for those that don't know about legends and weren't aware the power has existed for a while

We need to recall that the Mandalorian was in planning originally as the upcoming Boba Fett movie. That was quite a bit ago. When it was scrapped, some of its parts made it to the Mandalorian.

12 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Would have made more sense he wanted to drain it of vitality to restore himself.

Cloning it would have given him more potential sources of vitality to drain.

On 9/29/2020 at 4:47 PM, micheldebruyn said:

Uhhh yes it did. The Dark Empire comics had the concept all the way back in the 90's . The pitch for both happened well after the 90s.

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

Uhhh yes it did. The Dark Empire comics had the concept all the way back in the 90's . The pitch for both happened well after the 90s.

"In canon" being the operative phrase.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

"In canon" being the operative phrase.

Yeah. except Dark Empire was in canon back then.

Just now, Daeglan said:

Yeah. except Dark Empire was in canon back then.

But not when The Mandalorian and TRoS were in production. By then, Dark Empire had been wiped from what he was referring to when he said "Canon."

But not when The Mandalorian and TRoS were in production. By then, Dark Empire had been wiped from what he was referring to when he said "Canon."

That does not change the fact that canon only means something after the release. before the release it is shroedengers canon. and so the concept was in canon well before these movies were even considered. the fact that Kathleen Kennedy didnt recognize there was more than 2 decades worth of comics and books does not negate their existence.

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

That does not change the fact that canon only means something after the release. before the release it is shroedengers canon. and so the concept was in canon well before these movies were even considered. the fact that Kathleen Kennedy didnt recognize there was more than 2 decades worth of comics and books does not negate their existence.

No, but the Dark Empire stuff isn't "Canon" and he was specifically referring to "Canon." What do you not understand?

Call it "Nu Canon" call it "Disney Canon" but when The Mandalorian and TRoS went into production, the old canon had been wiped away and was no longer canon, with only the Disney materials classified as "Canon."

Dark Empire and a good 95% of the old EU never were old G-level, proper canon to begin with.

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

No, but the Dark Empire stuff isn't "Canon" and he was specifically referring to "Canon." What do you not understand?

Call it "Nu Canon" call it "Disney Canon" but when The Mandalorian and TRoS went into production, the old canon had been wiped away and was no longer canon, with only the Disney materials classified as "Canon."

What part of there were Canon in the past do you not understand? no they were not G level canon. but they were Canon. Yes they got made legends. But that does not change what they were. The fact is the concept is an old one. not new.

3 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

What part of there were Canon in the past do you not understand? no they were not G level canon. but they were Canon. Yes they got made legends. But that does not change what they were. The fact is the concept is an old one. not new.

Yes, but he was not talking about that.

His point was that he doesn't think the Emperor clones were part of the Nu-Canon yet, and thus could not have been baked into the story of The Mandalorian.

Yes, but he was not talking about that.

His point was that he doesn't think the Emperor clones were part of the Nu-Canon yet, and thus could not have been baked into the story of The Mandalorian.

I don't think it is that simple. if the force healing was preplanned I am sure they were working together to a fair amount.

I agree with @Daeglan on this. The writers and directors have full access to the old EU to draw from, and have done so even for the new movies already. Ryan Johnson used Doppelgänger in TLJ, for instance. RoS even makes mention of Palpatine being a clone, when Beaumont mentioned it after news of Palpatine’s return is briefed to the Resistance. So Palpatine potentially being a clone was in the movie.

I get the impression that cloning someone is possible if you know the right people and have deep enough pockets.

Besides, it’s literally pointless predicting anything when it comes to the movies. Rise of Skywalker is a prime example of how not to open with an unforshadowed twist. “Sales flagging? Time to dig up a villain! Oh and this is the celebration of the end of a saga!”. To say the ST had any deep thought put into it is frankly rubbish. XD

in all seriousness I am looking forward to the mandolorian. Season 1 was pretty fun so I’m going in blind. I don’t like watching trailers because then I’m aware those moments exists.

This topic is a **** show...

6 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

And?

46 minutes ago, DanteRotterdam said:

39 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

And?

I mean...the thread can’t be all bad. I mean, it resulted in a very rare thing: a post by Tramp with no random bolder “emphasis.” 🤣

Or is that one of the signs of the End Times? 😳

1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

I mean...the thread can’t be all bad. I mean, it resulted in a very rare thing: a post by Tramp with no random bolder “emphasis.” 🤣

Or is that one of the signs of the End Times? 😳

😝