The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

This is the way.

Gammorean gladiators!!!!

34 minutes ago, awayputurwpn said:

This is the way.

This is the way.

Well, that looks great. They cleverly show an Ahsoka-looking person on the word "Jedi", in a place that looks like the Pyke planet, but it can't be her...no montrails (or whatever her head thingies are called). Classic Filoni move...love it!

46 minutes ago, whafrog said:

a place that looks like the Pyke planet

I’m pretty sure that it is in fact Mon Cal...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Stethemessiah said:

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

You have expressed my sentiments exactly, good sir. :D

4 hours ago, whafrog said:

Well, that looks great. They cleverly show an Ahsoka-looking person on the word "Jedi", in a place that looks like the Pyke planet, but it can't be her...no montrails (or whatever her head thingies are called). Classic Filoni move...love it!

Except that the individual in question doesn’t have the large horns nor montrails.

5 hours ago, whafrog said:

Definitely got a madejalook from me. And I love how they keep stars under wraps until airtime.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Except that the individual in question doesn’t have the large horns nor montrails.

which...was my point...Filoni has a knack for creating misdirection in his trailers.

35 minutes ago, whafrog said:

which...was my point...Filoni has a knack for creating misdirection in his trailers.

Do we know Filoni involved with the trailers? It'd be exceptional, the creative people generally do not handle trailers.

9 hours ago, Daeglan said:

This is the way.

The way, this is.

1 hour ago, whafrog said:

That would far surpass “misdirection” and fall deep into the realm of physical impossibility. There is no way a hood contoured that closely to a human skull shape could be hiding long, upright horns. If it were Ahsoka, the contour of the hood would need to look like this:

ahsoka-tano-return-star-wars-rebels-fina

with two points pointing up and out, left and right. Hiding the shape of the horns or montrails would be impossible.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

That would far surpass “misdirection” and fall deep into the realm of physical impossibility. There is no way a hood contoured that closely to a human skull shape could be hiding long, upright horns. If it were Ahsoka, the contour of the hood would need to look like this:

ahsoka-tano-return-star-wars-rebels-fina

with two points pointing up and out, left and right. Hiding the shape of the horns or montrails would be impossible.

His point was that at first you think it might be Ahsoka, then you realize it isn't. That he psychs you out, not that he disguises the character's true nature.

I actually didn't notice and "misdirection" or think that it was going to be Ahsoka at all, as I've been proceeding under the assumption and hope that no such thing will occur, so to me it was just another of the hundreds of hooded figures in Star Wars.

This isn’t asokha, the actress in the trailer is a different one than the one rumoured to play our orange padawan

It’s kind of making the buzz right now because some people complained about the asokha actress from the trailer while she wasn’t even in it

On 9/15/2020 at 1:19 PM, whafrog said:

I was thinking Barriss Offee. https://www.starwars.com/databank/barriss-offee

databank_mirialan_01_169_958106f8.jpeg?r

latest?cb=20070728014608

If they are bring Ashoka back they need a peer level bad gal.

Edited by Eoen

I doubt it's Barriss. It doesn't look like her at all (skin, facial tattoos), and the concern if they do is that the Ahsoka vs. Barriss dynamic draws the focus away from the actual focus of the series.

There's also the matter of "what happened to Barriss during the Empire?" She was likely either used or killed, and either way is not likely to still be around.

She is Sasha Banks as Sabine Wren.

What is it about the SW setting that it only takes 20-30 years for history to become the stuff of myth and legend? That woman's description of the Jedi sounds like someone from today describing Rubik's Cubes as "enigmatic devices which once enthralled the minds of millions!"

3 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

She is Sasha Banks as Sabine Wren.

It is Sasha Banks, though we don’t know who she’s playing just because yet.

39 minutes ago, Vorzakk said:

What is it about the SW setting that it only takes 20-30 years for history to become the stuff of myth and legend? That woman's description of the Jedi sounds like someone from today describing Rubik's Cubes as "enigmatic devices which once enthralled the minds of millions!"

I get it, and I think they laid it on a little thick, especially given the relatively recent interactions Mandos had with Jedi.

I suspend disbelief by saying it's a really big galaxy. Jedi were a very small group, all things considered, and you are highly unlikely to ever interact with them or even hear about them interacting with someone/thing you care about. Those in the core are going to know a whole lot more than those on the fringes.

Then the Empire went out of its way to tamp down on information about the Jedi while also spreading misinformation.

And never underestimate just how forgetful people can be. There's a poll that came out recently showing young people in America have a disturbingly abysmal knowledge of the holocaust, a shockingly large number thinking it was something the Jews did. And that's when they were (at least, I'd hope they were) taught about it. It's been just 75 years of "Never Forget" and we've already forgotten. After 50 years of trying to make people forget, I'm not surprised so many seem to have never known the Jedi existed. After all, where do you learn your history? It wasn't from experiencing it. As for "well, my [living ancestral relation] lived it" did they see it themselves, or was it relayed to them? When they were told that the information "was propaganda meant to turn you towards the traitors" did they have enough information to go "oh, there's something more to this," or did they just accept it at face value?

Most people accept what they are told by everything around them more-or-less at face value.

I think they're laying it on a bit strong though.

as a note: jedi and the force had already become a myth to nearly everyone byt the time of the original trilogy (luke knowing nothing of them, most of the rebellion having heard only stories despite their leaders having actually worked with them, the imperials not even believing in the force despite working with Vader)

so it's really an original Lucas decision and they're rolling with it

Enormous galaxy. Thousands of Jedi.
There is no need to think most people even came close to seeing one.

5 hours ago, DanteRotterdam said:

Enormous galaxy. Thousands of Jedi.
There is no need to think most people even came close to seeing one.

This, to say nothing of 20+ years of Imperial propaganda machine enforcing the Jedi were nothing more than charlatans and crack-pot zealots who only claimed to have mystical powers. For at least a solid chunk of those first two decades of its existence, the Empire wasn't broadly known to be the ruthless and untrustworthy organization that we as the audience have always known it to be, so the populace at large doesn't have a reason to think their galactic leaders are out-and-out lying to them.

If one goes by the movies that Lucas was directly involved in, we really don't see the Jedi pulling off feats so major that the only be explained as "Magic!" very often. Plus, with what's known in our world about how illusionists do their thing, many of what Jedi are known to do could indeed be rationalized away as "simple tricks and nonsense." In comics, there's a reason why a fair number of actual magic users hide behind the image of a professional stage magician (Zatanna for instance).