The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, ExpandingUniverse said:

Mace has to turn up... Sam L is waaay too cool to kill in any universe :D

He's getting a Nick Fury show so he'd be around the studio for a cameo potentially...

9 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

He's getting a Nick Fury show so he'd be around the studio for a cameo potentially...

The new trailer for the Hawkeye show has him in at least a cameo.

11 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

Google tells me stuff about hydroxy-methylbutyric acid when I look up what an HMB list is. This seems... wrong in context?

The video does not actually tell me what an hmb list is.

Edited by micheldebruyn

The list is the frame they are fighting in.

If the rumors of Mace being the one who saved Grogu from being 66 are true, then it's possible we would see SLJ once again in a galaxy far far away.

If Mace survived, and made it to the Jedi Temple before Anikan, he would have saved a lot more Jedi than just Grogu. Unless Grogu was a secret love child that Mace knew about, and was living elsewhere in Coruscant, but that wouldn't make sense either since Ahsoka knew about him.

28 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

If Mace survived, and made it to the Jedi Temple before Anikan, he would have saved a lot more Jedi than just Grogu. Unless Grogu was a secret love child that Mace knew about, and was living elsewhere in Coruscant, but that wouldn't make sense either since Ahsoka knew about him.

Ahsoka knew because Grogu just told her.

But he apparently was taught by many Jedi Masters, so it can't have been that big of a secret among the Jedi.

What's the rifle Cara Dune uses?

I don't think there has been any official nomenclature published. It's a combo of various guns, to me it's just a HBR variant, capable of autofire and long range sniper work, just like an HBR.

3 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

What's the rifle Cara Dune uses?

It looks to be an RT-97 variant. The same weapon the Rebel Heavy Trooper has by default on EA Battlefront 2.

Edited by BipolarJuice
typo
1 hour ago, BipolarJuice said:

It looks to be an RT-97 variant. The same weapon the Rebel Heavy Trooper has by default on EA Battlefront 2.

Don't think so. While it does share the double-mag, that's it. The RT-97 is based upon an old German aircraft machinegun (the MG-15). Cara's is a Bren gun with a similar magazine is all.

Been thinking about how I'd rank the episodes. Rewatched a few season 1 eps recently and confirmed that I like it a fair bit better than S2 overall. Here's how I'd order the episodes from best to worst:

1. S1E7: The Reckoning
  2. S1E3: The Sin
  3. S2E10: The Passenger
  4. S1E2: The Child
  5. S1E1: The Mandalorian
  6. S2E13: The Jedi
  7. S1E8: Redemption
  8. S2E16: The Rescue
  9. S1E6: The Prisoner
  10. S2E9: The Marshal
  11. S2E11: The Heiress
  12. S2E15: The Believer
  13. S1E5: The Gunslinger
  14. S2E14: The Tragedy
  15. S1E4: Sanctuary
  16. S2E12: The Siege

My loose ranking:

Chapter 15: The Believer
Chapter 8: Redemption
Chapter 6: The Prisoner
Chapter 13: The Jedi
Chapter 14: The Tragedy
Chapter 3: The Sin
Chapter 2: The Child
Chapter 11: The Heiress

Chapter 4: Sanctuary
Chapter 16: The Rescue
Chapter 9: The Marshal
Chapter 7: The Reckoning
Chapter 1: The Mandalorian
Chapter 12: The Siege
Chapter 5: The Gunslinger
Chapter 10: The Passenger

I didn't really put that much thought into it because the bunch in the middle are pretty much tied.

Well guys, it's been great fun on these here FFG boards. The first couple years I was just on the Imperial Assault boards but for the last year or so I've been joining in the SW RPG ones too (and less and less in the IA one... so sad). Thanks for all the fun discussions.

Pretty disappointed in FFG.

I guess I'll see you on BGG?

5 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Well guys, it's been great fun on these here FFG boards. The first couple years I was just on the Imperial Assault boards but for the last year or so I've been joining in the SW RPG ones too (and less and less in the IA one... so sad). Thanks for all the fun discussions.

Pretty disappointed in FFG.

I guess I'll see you on BGG?

I'm seeing members going to one or two (both?) places:

Community Boards (legendsofthegalaxy.com)

mySWRPG Forum - Index page

This hits home.

On 12/31/2020 at 10:54 AM, DaverWattra said:

This hits home.

This is my favorite episode so far.

I watched it about 10 times in a row.

Love the music.

Season 2 of The Gallery has started. Great stuff.

One thing they reveal is that the krayt dragon has, like, eight legs that are never shown. They talk about krayts grow more legs the older it gets.

I gotta say really loved a lot of what I saw. Much of it very much harkened back to the old style of TV shows, where there is a overriding plot but each episode was very much it's own adventure. My only complaint was the second half of the final episode really dragged for me; until Luke showed up I was just *bored*.

I also love that we are remembered that Bo-Katan is very much a hypocritical character. You could really see her considering whether she could break her code to Din (to rescue the child) to kill him right there and then and take the sword as was required by her tradition, and a nice reminder that at one point she too had her allegiance to the death watch and also a stanch traditionalist. Also served as a nice U-turn to episode S2E3 when she talked down to him about his way of life being wrong; I kind of feel that ultimately Din will be the one to cast down the Mandolorian way of life as really, these folks seem bound in traditions that shackle them in eternal strife for petty reasons.

17 minutes ago, Lordbiscuit said:

I gotta say really loved a lot of what I saw. Much of it very much harkened back to the old style of TV shows, where there is a overriding plot but each episode was very much it's own adventure. My only complaint was the second half of the final episode really dragged for me; until Luke showed up I was just *bored*.

I also love that we are remembered that Bo-Katan is very much a hypocritical character. You could really see her considering whether she could break her code to Din (to rescue the child) to kill him right there and then and take the sword as was required by her tradition, and a nice reminder that at one point she too had her allegiance to the death watch and also a stanch traditionalist. Also served as a nice U-turn to episode S2E3 when she talked down to him about his way of life being wrong; I kind of feel that ultimately Din will be the one to cast down the Mandolorian way of life as really, these folks seem bound in traditions that shackle them in eternal strife for petty reasons.

I'm starting to think that "The Watch" / "Child of the Watch" might be the Maul faction, rather than Death Watch of Clone Wars and prior.. Helmets were removed all the time, even a couple of the minor mandos.. Perhaps The Watch are the disgraced Death Watch that sided with Maul and went into hiding after the Clone Wars..

14 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I'm starting to think that "The Watch" / "Child of the Watch" might be the Maul faction, rather than Death Watch of Clone Wars and prior.. Helmets were removed all the time, even a couple of the minor mandos.. Perhaps The Watch are the disgraced Death Watch that sided with Maul and went into hiding after the Clone Wars..

Ahhh that would make sense. Given that they seem more extreme then Bo'Katan's faction, though on the flipside I'm uncertain whether I have enough information given we don't see "The Watch" doing anything aside from chilling, then shooting up a village and said branch getting wiped out offscreen. I imagine that likely will be the central conflict of S3 onwards; replacing the Child with a deep dive into Mandolorian culture itself.

Though part of what interests me is now that Din has been unwittingly thrust into the middle of Mandolorian Politics being the sole bearer of the "Dark Saber" and how all these are going to play around it. After all he is only a clan of two and his charge has been released from him. Being a clan of one man in a savage society of tradition is a particularly dangerous place to be.

image0.jpg

On 1/19/2021 at 11:12 PM, RuusMarev said:

I was assuming that the Children of the Watch were probably from a much older time, e.g. from whenever Mandalore fell into civil war after its wars with the Republic. The 'can't remove the helmet' thing feels like it has to be an old tradition, not one that was invented in the 20-year gap between Clone Wars-era Death Watch being OK with helmets and 'the current day'.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Lordbiscuit said:

I imagine that likely will be the central conflict of S3 onwards; replacing the Child with a deep dive into Mandolorian culture itself.

I imagine that taking that path with significantly hurt the show's reception. People may have found the Mandalorian culture stuff interesting, but that's largely not what many viewers were tuning into the show to see. It needs to pull something big to keep its momentum.