Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

By FearLord, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I am loving these spoilers. And I just got the email that my Red Skull box is shipping soon! Woohoo!

Something to help the weekend go faster! Loved the spoiler season so far also! We also have an interview with Michael Boggs going live tomorrow!

8 hours ago, AlterEgos said:

Something to help the weekend go faster! Loved the spoiler season so far also! We also have an interview with Michael Boggs going live tomorrow!

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here and guess an electricity arrow of sorts? Deal three damage and stun?

Yeah, shock arrow sounds about right.

34 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here and guess an electricity arrow of sorts? Deal three damage and stun?

That’s what I was thinking, maybe a damage boost if they’re already stunned, kind of like Sonic arrow?

12 minutes ago, KimJoshIl said:

That’s what I was thinking, maybe a damage boost if they’re already stunned, kind of like Sonic arrow?

I’m picturing the exact same card, with the resource change as we can see and the word confused replaced with stun. And called ‘Shock Arrow’ or ‘taser Arrow’...

17 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I’m picturing the exact same card, with the resource change as we can see and the word confused replaced with stun. And called ‘Shock Arrow’ or ‘taser Arrow’...

According to the Marvel Database wiki, these are called "Electro-disrupter Arrow (aka electrically operated/shock)"

(ETA: given that the reliability on ordering of cards is all to pot this set, it does appear that the arrows are in descending alphabetical order, which woud mean its name fits between 'Cable Arrow'* and 'Explosive Arrow'. Electro-disruptor manages that perfectly.

*Am I the only person that is now thinking of an arrow with a time-travelling mutant attached?)

Edited by Tonbo Karasu

I am expecting damage plus stun as well.

That leaves 1 last card. I am guessing boomerang arrow which does damage and returns to hand.

Now, that would mean Hawkeye wouldn't have an Alter-ego card (all other heroes have at least one).

An AE card is still possible at 13/15 and cable arrow being a 3x that looks unlikely.

36 minutes ago, Deadwolf said:

I am expecting damage plus stun as well.

That leaves 1 last card. I am guessing boomerang arrow which does damage and returns to hand.

Now, that would mean Hawkeye wouldn't have an Alter-ego card (all other heroes have at least one).

An AE card is still possible at 13/15 and cable arrow being a 3x that looks unlikely.

Do we know he has 2 copies of Target Practice? I guess it’s likely based on Super Soldier Serium, God of Thunder, Black Widow’s Gauntlet, etc... but it could be singular like Eye of Agmotto or Polymer Suit...

11 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Do we know he has 2 copies of Target Practice? I guess it’s likely based on Super Soldier Serium, God of Thunder, Black Widow’s Gauntlet, etc... but it could be singular like Eye of Agmotto or Polymer Suit...

Yes. The one shown is 14/15 and is card 10 in the set. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) is card 11 in the set. Ergo, there must be two of Target Practice/ Excellent Shot/ whatever.

Edited by Tonbo Karasu

Captain Marvel Ally for Spiderwoman is possibly one of the best allies you can have imo and one you won't ever block with. Generating a card after she attacks or thwarts is so powerful. She will pay for herself after and if you heal her you can keep her going. Definitely one to be inspired as well.

8 hours ago, James Ravenwood said:

Captain Marvel Ally for Spiderwoman is possibly one of the best allies you can have imo and one you won't ever block with. Generating a card after she attacks or thwarts is so powerful. She will pay for herself after and if you heal her you can keep her going. Definitely one to be inspired as well.

Yeah, it’s like an Avengers Mansion you can Attack or Thwart with! Definitely worth considering some healing for (and honestly a very good reason to consider Leadership with Spider-Woman, so you can recur her easier).

Well, electric arrow I predicted everything apart from the name...

Wow, those encounter spoilers! Looks like Red Skull will be an interesting fight!

Edited by FearLord

I really like that we're starting to see minions that have per-player HP. This is definitely going to up the difficulty factor as more are added to the game.

2 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

I really like that we're starting to see minions that have per-player HP. This is definitely going to up the difficulty factor as more are added to the game.

Yes, and this one being beefy with Retaliate is definitely a consideration.

Minions like that make me reevaluate older cards- example Tac Team. It sucks to take a retaliate just to remove a tough. Makes me excited for Ranged and Pierce however.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, James Ravenwood said:

Sorry, I accidentally quoted someone, and it won't let me unquote you for some reason. 🤷

Anywho, I love the sleeper! The only reason I know about him is because of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Hero's. What a great show, am I right? Or am I the only kid on this thread? 😂

Does everyone else agree/think that this is apart of Red Skull's side scheme deck? I am super excited for this expansion, can't wait for September!

I've never been this excited for an LCG product before. The campaign box idea is brilliant and the content seems exceptionally good from what we've seen.

It's awesome to see things like The Sleeper enter the game. A deep love for the deep lore Marvel provides is evident everywhere!

5 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Does everyone else agree/think that this is apart of Red Skull's side scheme deck? I am super excited for this expansion, can't wait for September!

It's definitely part of his card set, and I'd assume he doesn't have side schemes in his standard deck, so yeah.

38 minutes ago, Abyss said:

It's definitely part of his card set, and I'd assume he doesn't have side schemes in his standard deck, so yeah.

Agreed - if it wasn’t part of his side scheme deck, there wouldn’t be a point to the scheme at all, since all it really does is bring the minion out (and buff Red Skull’s Attack).

7 hours ago, AlterEgos said:

I've never been this excited for an LCG product before. The campaign box idea is brilliant and the content seems exceptionally good from what we've seen.

It's awesome to see things like The Sleeper enter the game. A deep love for the deep lore Marvel provides is evident everywhere!

I am ridiculously excited about this box. I have admittedly become a bit bored with the scenarios available, so I'm super pumped to double the amount of scenarios in just one month. And then there's the new deckbuilding with Spider-Woman and the fact that Hawkeye just looks like so much fun to play. And the new cards to deckbuild with. The possibilities with a leadership deck that pumps up ally Iron Man are so good.

I just got the email that they are processing my order, so now I'm even more excited.

Ugh! Fricking Covid! This was supposed to release in July!!!!

11 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

I am ridiculously excited about this box. I have admittedly become a bit bored with the scenarios available, so I'm super pumped to double the amount of scenarios in just one month. And then there's the new deckbuilding with Spider-Woman and the fact that Hawkeye just looks like so much fun to play. And the new cards to deckbuild with. The possibilities with a leadership deck that pumps up ally Iron Man are so good.

I just got the email that they are processing my order, so now I'm even more excited.

Agreed. I am also hoping it will give a way to link the core villains together as a campaign as well. I have played around with different ways to play Rhino/Klaw/Ultron as a unified Campaign and it works ok (although it breaks if you play as Iron Man or Black Panther due to keeping updates in play from scenario to scenario) but I'd like to see a definitive version from FFG which probably takes elements of Arkham. I just can't work out how to improve the heroes like you can investigators which FFG is hinting at for both Rise of the Red Skull and Galaxy's Most Wanted. Roll on next week.