Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

By FearLord, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Just to add on to this, here is the spoiler schedule from content creators.

ROTRS_Spoiler_demo-Recovered

Well the two cards shown so far really reinforce threat reduction as a viable strategy in justice.

I particularly like these skill cards that can be shared in multiplayer, really ups the interaction in three and four player games.

The Black Knight ally is a very welcome addition to the game, both lore wise and sheer playability.

A great thematic use of piercing for him, representing his classic ebony blade.

He was always a good character when he showed up in the Avengers and also enjoyed him in the Heroes for Hire much later.

He is coming in the mcu soon in the Eternals movie as well so good synergy there. He's played by Kit Harrington I think.

Love the art, no nothing about the character but piercing for the sword is super cool. 5 out of 5 from me.

About time Leadership got some good cards. 😏

The Mockingbird signature ally is definitely better than the basic version, but I wonder if she'd be overpowered if she still stunned an enemy upon arrival? Her basic version pretty much does the "same thing" twice without the return to hand. I still like her, just wondering if you'll want to play her every turn when you see the rest of Clint's kit.

3 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

The Mockingbird signature ally is definitely better than the basic version, but I wonder if she'd be overpowered if she still stunned an enemy upon arrival? Her basic version pretty much does the "same thing" twice without the return to hand. I still like her, just wondering if you'll want to play her every turn when you see the rest of Clint's kit.

If she stunned on top of that for a 3 cost, then I’d definitely consider her well over the top.

4 hours ago, FearLord said:

Today’s spoiler https://teenagestudentwhinger.blogspot.com/2020/08/the-rise-of-red-skull-card-spoiler.html?m=1

Really works great when you consider her hero power I think - let’s you pick a card you can afford and an extra aspect to play potentially so you can bump her stats higher.

The turn you go into Alter Ego, you can also seek out a card that you can play in Alter Ego, assuming you kept any resources from the beginning of your turn.

8 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

I mean... once you've got his quiver and resource generators up, you can play an arrow or two at no cost out-of-hand pretty much every turn. Replaying Mockingbird to thwart once and then pop her back to hand to guarantee no damage from an attack and you can stay in Hero mode forever.

I am quite happy to see different versions of allies and also heroes as allies.

Just gives us new imaginings of characters, I wonder if we will see eventually ally versions of main characters in all aspects?

I am glad they made this version of Mockingbird an Avenger as she was a member of the West Coast avengers for years.

And for those of you unaware of the lore of why she would be included as Hawkeyes signiture ally, they were married for many years and had a very long relationship, not sure about the current lore though.

Not to get things twisted but I love how they captured the theme of Mockingbird keeps leaving him but coming back to Hawkeye. Ex-wife but current girlfriend. :lol:

17 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I mean... once you've got his quiver and resource generators up, you can play an arrow or two at no cost out-of-hand pretty much every turn. Replaying Mockingbird to thwart once and then pop her back to hand to guarantee no damage from an attack and you can stay in Hero mode forever.

It won’t be relevant every game, but she can essentially convert any resource into a wild when she jumps back into your hand. Can be helpful on certain upgrades or kicker effects.

2 hours ago, KimJoshIl said:

It won’t be relevant every game, but she can essentially convert any resource into a wild when she jumps back into your hand. Can be helpful on certain upgrades or kicker effects.

That's a good point, never thought about that.

When are we gonna get spoilers for the villain's decks? That's what I'm excited about! Some modular set cards would also suffice.

I also am dying to find out about Hawkeye's and Spider Woman's obligations and Nemesis'.

28 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

When are we gonna get spoilers for the villain's decks? That's what I'm excited about! Some modular set cards would also suffice.

I also am dying to find out about Hawkeye's and Spider Woman's obligations and Nemesis'.

Tomorrow’s spoiler is from Critical Encounters so I’m willing to bet it’s an Encounter card of some kind...

9 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Tomorrow’s spoiler is from Critical Encounters so I’m willing to bet it’s an Encounter card of some kind...

This might be the case, but for the most part they’ve spoiled about as much of the encounter decks as they’re going to. A lot of people prefer to play encounters without knowing a significant portion of the cards in it.

So, the 4th bullet point under Player Decks in the Rules Reference is:

• A player may choose exactly one aspect (Justice, Aggression, Protection, or Leadership) to use for customization. The remainder of their deck is then customized with cards that belong to that aspect and/ or basic cards.

Therefore basic cards are not aspect cards. (I'm sure there are other ways to conclude this.)

image001-1.png?w=700&h=

So with Jessica Drew's Apartment, there is a subtle incentive to forego basic cards as it cannot pull them. As it stands, I believe she has 8 cards (1 pair per aspect) of aspect cards in her deck, that leaves 7 (minus the apartment itself) of un-addable cards. Each basic card increases that pool. Intriguing.

In my musing, I just realized that she's the first hero to be able to include more than 2 "Power of..." cards. Most intriguing.

Edited by Duciris
47 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

I definitely want to see their obligations ASAP.

17 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I'd really like to see a modular deck spoiled.

Uhg! This was supposed to release in July!!! Coronavirus, must you consume all aspects of agreeable living!?!?

8 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

This might be the case, but for the most part they’ve spoiled about as much of the encounter decks as they’re going to. A lot of people prefer to play encounters without knowing a significant portion of the cards in it.

It was definitely the case with the Hulk Spoilers - everyone else got hero cards, and they got one of his Nemesis cards. I’m expecting the same from them this time around.

I hope it's Spider-Woman then, since we've got a bit of info on Hawkeye's nemesis already.

28 minutes ago, FearLord said:

It was definitely the case with the Hulk Spoilers - everyone else got hero cards, and they got one of his Nemesis cards. I’m expecting the same from them this time around.

Right, I'm just trying not to assume. Evan told them they could email him to ask for cards from a specific pack, but he can only keep track of so many requests and made no promises. That said, I do think he's aware enough of Critical Encounters' schtick that they'll usually get encounter cards :P

ALSO, crap, I just now realized this hasn't been updated here. Critical Encounters won't actually be posting it tomorrow, they had to delay for some reason (I assume production was delayed). I haven't seen a new date from them but I'll try to remember to let y'all know when they come up with their date.

(And I believe there's one spoiler floating around whose owner isn't on that schedule at all. Nobody on Discord seems to know who got it 😂 )