Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

By FearLord, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

3 hours ago, FearLord said:

There actually haven’t been that many character’s called ‘Spider-Girl’ (although plenty of ‘Spider-Woman’ variants). The other one is an alternate dimension version of Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson’s daughter, May-Day Parker who is kind of a what if future character (although one that has appeared in cross overs).

This version was originally introduced as the Hero Arana. Her back story is a slightly confusing war between 2 secret societies (The Spider Society and The Sisterhood of the Wasp), and her powers are originally magical in nature.

She later loses them and becomes Spider Girl after a Kraven the Hunter storyline for Spider-Man. Kraven’s family hunts various spider powered characters and in the aftermath of this event Julian Carpenter (the second Spider-Woman, later known as Arachne) becomes the new Madam Web, and gives her costume to Anya.

She basically loses her original powers and then gains new more Spider-Man like powers later (which is what is represented by her at this point).

Is she actually bonded to Venom, or is she just wearing a black Spider-Man themed costume?

41 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Is she actually bonded to Venom, or is she just wearing a black Spider-Man themed costume?

Just a Black costume. It’s based on Julia Carpenter, the second Spider-Woman’s costume.

I don’t think Goliath works with Rapid Response - as discard isn’t the same as defeated. It looks like his damage will be capped to 5 as it’s a once per phase ability, and he’s immediately discarded after triggering the ability. I could be wrong though! 🤪

1 minute ago, Daft Blazer said:

I don’t think Goliath works with Rapid Response - as discard isn’t the same as defeated. It looks like his damage will be capped to 5 as it’s a once per phase ability, and he’s immediately discarded after triggering the ability. I could be wrong though! 🤪

It doesn’t work with Rapid response (well, at least not in the conventional way, as discarding isn’t the same as being defeated). However, you can get more than one use out of it.

The ability is once per phase, so you can’t keep pumping it up, but it lasts the whole hero phase and doesn’t discard him until the end of the hero phase.

So, you could play him, use his action, attack for 5 (take 2 consequential damage), play Inspiring Presence to ready him and heal him one, attack for another 5 (and 2 more consequential damage - down to 1) then play get ready on him and attack for another 5. At that point, he’s defeated by his consequential damage, and could be brought back with Rapid Response. The new version would not be bound by the old ability use, so could either use it again, or could choose not to (Thwarting for 2 say) and not getting discarded at the end of the hero phase.

Pretty crazy combo potentials!

I believe the new version would be bound by the old ability use because it is a maximum rather than a limit, so if Goliath was discarded then re-entered play via Rapid Response (or another player bringing him into play with Make the Call) you couldn’t use his action again until the following round. So probably no 20+ damage turns but 15 damage, 2 thwart and still being in play with 2 health certainly isn’t bad!

A bit embarrassing that they used a different version of the character in the art than is listed in the subtitle, although I’m not familiar with the latest incarnation of the character so I wouldn’t have noticed if the article hadn’t pointed it out.

12 minutes ago, Assussanni said:

I believe the new version would be bound by the old ability use because it is a maximum rather than a limit, so if Goliath was discarded then re-entered play via Rapid Response (or another player bringing him into play with Make the Call) you couldn’t use his action again until the following round. So probably no 20+ damage turns but 15 damage, 2 thwart and still being in play with 2 health certainly isn’t bad!

A bit embarrassing that they used a different version of the character in the art than is listed in the subtitle, although I’m not familiar with the latest incarnation of the character so I wouldn’t have noticed if the article hadn’t pointed it out.

Yes, you’re right about Max limiting it across all copies of the card.

Still, that’s nothing to sneeze since you could do all that and then first aid him back to full or use him to block as well in the villain phase - he can potentially do a lot of work!

Might well be possible to start building a Leadership deck around expensive buff allies rather than expendable cheap ones - Goliath, Vision, Iron Man etc - the goal being to push these allies to peak efficiency.

They probably used Bill Foster, because he appears in Ant Man and the Wasp, but struggled to find much recent art of him, as he was killed during Civil War, having not appeared for years before that...

I appreciate all the spoilers and all, but is anyone else tired of seeing all of these allies? 60% of these spoilers have been allies, and I was kind of hoping for more variety. Not a single encounter card yet, and most of the aspect cards have been allies. I don't know, that's just my personal opinion though.

Although, I really shouldn't be complaining. It's not like I have a right to these spoilers. These spoiler weeks are always a huge blessing.

thanks for the clarification- I’d misconstrued the once per phase limitation.
So card effects are persistent, even when discarded?

1 minute ago, Daft Blazer said:

thanks for the clarification- I’d misconstrued the once per phase limitation.
So card effects are persistent, even when discarded?

Max is, because only one instance can be used across all turns. So he can’t use it again, but as the card that comes back into play is a ‘new’ version I don’t think he’s discarded by the ability.

38 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

I appreciate all the spoilers and all, but is anyone else tired of seeing all of these allies? 60% of these spoilers have been allies, and I was kind of hoping for more variety. Not a single encounter card yet, and most of the aspect cards have been allies. I don't know, that's just my personal opinion though.

Although, I really shouldn't be complaining. It's not like I have a right to these spoilers. These spoiler weeks are always a huge blessing.

Allies are some of the most exciting hero cards, so I’m fine with it. I don’t expect we’ll see much in the way of Encounter spoilers because some people like to approach encounters without too much prior knowledge. I expect the only one of these spoilers that will be an encounter card will be the Critical Encounters one next week, which I expect will be a nemesis card from Spider Woman’s set...

So keep him around until you can make sure using him will discard him before the end of the phase. I mean, 2 swings will do it, then use rapid response to get him back on the table and repeat next round. This is going to be a hoot!

13 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

One of the two hero decks in the set is Leadership and Ally cards have much more name recognition or excitement than 'generic/thematic card name,' though I'd like to see what else Hawkeye's Leadership cards have to offer too. Quite happy with the preview cycle as a whole and very much want to see FFG continue this sort of thing!

A little S.H.I.E.L.D. intel

Classified Folder

1 hour ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

A little S.H.I.E.L.D. intel

Classified Folder

What the heck is that?

Is there a way for me to see what's inside? I'm really curious.

Edited by Venompuppy

Hall of Cards is scheduled for the spoiler today, so you'll probably only have to wait a few more hours to find out which arrow card from Hawkeye's signature cards they're spoiling.

Green Arrow is going to be Hawkeye's (other) signature ally? Sign me up!

27 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Green Arrow is going to be Hawkeye's (other) signature ally? Sign me up!

See i know your joking but i still feel the need to 🤦🏻‍♂️ .

Broken Arrow, Action - flip the table ;)

Considering that with Hawkeye your Mockingbird will probably never not be in your hand or in play once you have her, and is a great protection for you, this could actually really screw with Hawkeye's flow. I like it.

Reminder of Mockingbird:

image.png.ef1556a347507f1aed489d68131198a4.png

I like the "old school" Hawkeye art!

9 hours ago, t4leswapper said:

Hall of Cards is scheduled for the spoiler today, so you'll probably only have to wait a few more hours to find out which arrow card from Hawkeye's signature cards they're spoiling.

tomorrow lol the 21st

I forgot to ask this when she first came out, but when you use her interrupt, it's considered an undefended attack, right?

Also, another random thought I just had, what would happen if you stunned Kang at stage 1 and then killed him? He splits up into different Kangs, so would he lose it? If not, which one would it go to? Or would you give the stun card to Kang stage 3? I'm so confused!