Rise of Red Skulls - Official Content creator spoiler season

By FearLord, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I really like the idea of Mockingbird being a big part of Hawkeye’s kit. I’m hoping we get some sort of fetch card to get her into your hand. Maybe an AE event on par with For Asgard! Or Mystical Studies.

50 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

I forgot to ask this when she first came out, but when you use her interrupt, it's considered an undefended attack, right?

Yes, although it would still be possible to defend against it.

47 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

Also, another random thought I just had, what would happen if you stunned Kang at stage 1 and then killed him? He splits up into different Kangs, so would he lose it? If not, which one would it go to? Or would you give the stun card to Kang stage 3? I'm so confused!

They have different subtitles, so they’re actually technically different characters I believe. It will possibly need rules text in his insert to address what happens though - at a guess I’d assume nothing that would usually carry over (attachments, status conditions, etc) would carry over.

39 minutes ago, KimJoshIl said:

I really like the idea of Mockingbird being a big part of Hawkeye’s kit. I’m hoping we get some sort of fetch card to get her into your hand. Maybe an AE event on par with For Asgard! Or Mystical Studies.

I doubt Hawkeye will have more fetches than we've already seen - his alter-ego action searches for his bow and his quiver searches the top 5 cards for an arrow event.

Hey, on the subject of Mockingbird, he can still take the basic form of her, correct? It's like Hulk drawing himself as an aggression card, the table can only have 1 copy of a card by title in play, yes?

1 minute ago, Duciris said:

I doubt Hawkeye will have more fetches than we've already seen - his alter-ego action searches for his bow and his quiver searches the top 5 cards for an arrow event.

Hey, on the subject of Mockingbird, he can still take the basic form of her, correct? It's like Hulk drawing himself as an aggression card, the table can only have 1 copy of a card by title in play, yes?

No you won't be able to. The rules say you can only have 1 copy of a unique card by name.

You can't put Hulk Ally in your deck if you're playing Hulk hero.

45 minutes ago, FearLord said:

They have different subtitles, so they’re actually technically different characters I believe. It will possibly need rules text in his insert to address what happens though - at a guess I’d assume nothing that would usually carry over (attachments, status conditions, etc) would carry over.

I could see it not going over to the different Kang's, but stage 3 is still Kang(The Conqueror). I don't know, and I realize now that I should of asked this on the Kang thread. 😂

Or just ask the dev's.

Edited by Venompuppy
9 minutes ago, Venompuppy said:

I could see it not going over to the different Kang's, but stage 3 is still Kang(The Conqueror). I don't know, and I realize now that I should of asked this on the Kang thread. 😂

Or just ask the dev's.

I expect it will require some text in the rules leaflet that comes with him.

40 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I agree it’s unlikely he’ll have anything else that searches his deck. But yes, he can’t include another version of Mockingbird as uniqueness is also a deck building restriction.

4 minutes ago, FearLord said:

I agree it’s unlikely he’ll have anything else that searches his deck. But yes, he can’t include another version of Mockingbird as uniqueness is also a deck building restriction.

Yeah, I suppose if he had 2 Mockingbirds you'd be able to choose which one was trapped by his Nemesis Side Scheme.

So, if she's trapped, can someone else play her basic form?

Edit: Whoop, gotta learn to read below the fold:

a few rules clarifications from Caleb:

“While Mockingbird is faceup under the side scheme she is in play but under no player’s control” – so you can’t play core set Mockingbird whilst this scheme is in play.

If you happen to have Made the Call to someone else’s Core Set Mockingbird when this comes out, she would be captured instead. However, the unique rule would mean that you couldn’t then play your Hawkeye Mockingbird anyway.

for “when this stage is defeated” read “when this scheme is defeated”

Edited by Duciris

What I’m not clear about it what happens if the non Hawkeye hero has a core set Mockingbird out and the Hawkeye player gets Shadows of the Past...

I guess it’s still allowed, but you just can’t ‘play’ her again while a version of her is in play.

Edited by FearLord
1 hour ago, Duciris said:

Yeah, I suppose if he had 2 Mockingbirds you'd be able to choose which one was trapped by his Nemesis Side Scheme.

So, if she's trapped, can someone else play her basic form?

Edit: Whoop, gotta learn to read below the fold:

I'm wondering how this may play out with Kang when players get separated into their own play areas. If someone has a core set Mockingbird in play and Hawkeye has to reveal his Marked for Death side scheme during that stage of Kang, The wording on MfD is 'searches their hand....... and play area '. Does the core set mocking bird still get trapped though it is in another players 'play area'? Or does that part of the side scheme fizzle because you can't have two uniques 'in play' at the same time.

1 minute ago, FearLord said:

What I’m not clear about it what happens if the non Hawkeye hero has a core set Mockingbird out and the Hawkeye player gets Shadows of the Past...

I'm guessing that theirs gets discarded. But yeah, unclear so far.

18 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I'm guessing that theirs gets discarded. But yeah, unclear so far.

The Marked for Death side scheme when it’s revealed searches all places stated on the scheme and finds a Mockingbird in the play area already. So that one is the one that gets trapped. Hawkeyes can’t enter play until the trapped one is freed and out of play. However see my prior post on how this all plays out in Kang.

Marked for Death only looks at the Clint Barton players area. If someone else has Mockingbird in play, it won't effect her. However after a quick look in the rules I didn't see anything specific about how you'd resolve it. You should do as much as you can, which means the Hawkeye player searches for a Mockingbird who then attempts to enter play under the scheme. She can't enter play due to uniqueness, but then what happens? Does she get discarded? Goes back to the original search location? Maybe there's something hidden away that explains what to do, maybe they need to make a ruling.

Interestingly, depending on how this plays out I think you could actually avoid triggering the scheme if you've got someone else's Mockingbird via Make the Call. Because you get to choose the target of your search, you can choose to find signature ally Mockingbird, rather than the one you've got in play, who then can't get put under the scheme as per the above. So depending on what happens after a search where the target can't enter play, it could actually be a loophole to get around it.

(Honestly they should probably just rule that she's out of play, though I guess that's a theme fail when she's meant to have been kidnapped or whatever and shows up hanging out with someone else. Or ah....just used the mechanic for someone else who doesn't get a second version).

I will not be surprised if Marked for Death is updated from ‘....play area’ to ‘...or in play’.

14 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

Also, another random thought I just had, what would happen if you stunned Kang at stage 1 and then killed him? He splits up into different Kangs, so would he lose it? If not, which one would it go to? Or would you give the stun card to Kang stage 3? I'm so confused!

New stages clear status cards away so i think you might have been playing wrong. Unless I’m mistake and they don’t.

1 hour ago, Hyperjayman said:

New stages clear status cards away so i think you might have been playing wrong. Unless I’m mistake and they don’t.

Status cards are not cleared when you advance to the next stage. Source: Rules Reference, Villain Defeat, second bullet point.

• Attachments, status cards, counters, and non-damage tokens on a villain carry over to the new stage.

I haven’t play in a while so I probably shouldn’t have said anything 😂 .

The multiple Kang’s in Stage 2 are still separate characters though so status card won’t transfer over to them. Same applies to Stage 3 Kang though i could see how that Kang might still be the same Kang that sent you through time in Stage 1 though i don’t think it will since players still keep all their stuff and would be better prepared.

5 hours ago, player2142998 said:

I will not be surprised if Marked for Death is updated from ‘....play area’ to ‘...or in play’.

I think that’s probably the solution that fixes things best. Maybe even change the wording to “Search for Mockingbird in play. If not found, the Hawkeye player searches... etc” - I.e make it clear it grabs Mockingbird from anywhere if she’s in play first and only searches Hawkeye’s deck and discard if she’s not already in play somewhere.

I'm pretty sure they've got the wording right for marked for death. This way it's almost impossible to get any other mockingbird besides the signature one.

I always like seeing a signature card that breaks the rules. Not OP, and I can't figure out how to modify its value, but it will definitely lend Hawkeye a different feel for tension purposes.

Edit:

So I'm operating under the assumption that he'll have 4 pairs of arrows, thus:

Clint Barton/Hawkeye

1. Hawkeye's Bow
  2. Hawkeye's Quiver
  3. Mockingbird
  4. Sonic Arrow
  5. Sonic Arrow
  6. Explosive Arrow
  7. Explosive Arrow
  8. Electric Arrow
  9. Electric Arrow
  10. Cable Arrow
  11. Cable Arrow
  12. Target Practice (translation best guess)
  13. Target Practice

Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman

1. Captain Marvel
  2. Jessica Drew's Apartment
  3. Venom Blast (Aggression)
  4. Venom Blast (Aggression)
  5. Pheromones (Leadership)
  6. Pheromones (Leadership)
  7. Contaminant Immunity (Protection)
  8. Contaminant Immunity (Protection)
  9. Inconspicuous (Justice)
  10. Inconspicuous (Justice)
Edited by Duciris
Added "Electric Arrow"
57 minutes ago, Duciris said:

So I'm operating under the assumption that he'll have 4 pairs of arrows, thus:

They're all at least pairs for sure, yeah. There might be a third copy of Cable Arrow if he has an Alter-Ego support card, but if not then we're probably looking at a 5th 2-of arrow.

I'm not sure I think we could possibly see eight seperate arrows. I seem to remember a quote from someone in a video saying basically yes he has a lot of arrows in his kit.

Seeing as Dr strange has 5 evocations, it will be a disappointment to me if he only has four arrows

In the comics he has so many more to choose from.

4 hours ago, Venompuppy said:

I'm pretty sure they've got the wording right for marked for death. This way it's almost impossible to get any other mockingbird besides the signature one.

Yes, but the problem is you end up with 2 copies of Mockingbird in play...

2 hours ago, FearLord said:

Yes, but the problem is you end up with 2 copies of Mockingbird in play...

Well in that case, I would assume that the encounter card would take precedence. Somewhere in the rules it says you can't brake the rules( well no, duh) unless another card says you can, like cable arrow. With unique cards, you have to discard one of them, but you can only do that if you control the card. Same thing if they ever do a minion that's also an allie. So in that case you would be forced to discard the basic Mockingbird.

Edited by Venompuppy