Standard-sized upgrade cards

By Petersaber, in Star Wars: Armada

Just want to say that inflation hasn't gone up **that** much

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/2015?amount=1#:~:text=The 2015 inflation rate was,) is now 0.99% 1.

So while the costs might have gone up, it hasn't been due to inflation? Has the Disney license gotten more expensive? Have there been changes in the supply chain? Have specific labor costs increased?

To my knowledge I don't think we know a reason for the price hikes. Whatever it is, it is completely mundane, but if you want to consider it part of a larger ecosystem, I'd prefer you chalked it up to globalism in the capitalist sense, instead of "globalism" in the "I've been on too many nazi forums" sense.

Seriously I'm getting "I've correctly identified problems within late stage capitalism, but I'm emotionally invested in capitalism, so it must be evil jews" vibes from some of the replies here and it's gross

Edit: also this assuming that all new squads will have the price hike added. Which, the cynic in me says they probably will, after making sure it will make more money based on the sales volume of the first republic and separatist squad packs.

Edited by ExplosiveTooka
clarifying comment

They made a card pack for two reasons:

1: A bunch of cards have been changed, and they're awesome.

2: Players who might be entering the game interested in Clone Wars won't have to buy every rebel/imperial ship to get all the cards. The idea going forward is you don't need to buy every ship to have access to every card.

It's a shame the cards are larger but hardly worth quitting over.

Trigger warning! The following image will be upsetting to some of you!

https://i.imgur.com/xa4Sy6I.jpg

(FYI the font size on corresponding Ship Title cards is the same)

Edited by Petersaber
43 minutes ago, Petersaber said:

Trigger warning! The following image will be upsetting to some of you!

https://i.imgur.com/xa4Sy6I.jpg

(FYI the font size on corresponding Ship Title cards is the same)

What is supposed to be upsetting about that?

14 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Fishfarm

10 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Standard-sized promo cards resized to Mini

2 minutes ago, Petersaber said:

I think you're maybe projecting your issues with standard sizes? I seriously doubt people really care about this at all. I mean, you're basically saying that you've found a way to be happy about getting around the changes? Good on you. The problem in my opinion was never your issue with the cards. I think it was portraying it as a kind of doomsday issue. I understand that's not how you meant it initially, but it sure became that.

I actually think those are super cool, and doubt any Armada fan would feel differently.

42 minutes ago, Petersaber said:

Cool. Is this something you're going to be putting out, or do you have a source of who is producing those?

Edit: I'm sure there's some folks who would be interested in having custom "mini" sized cards, and I know we as a community are generally pretty lax on "tournament legal" for alt-art cards (just have the originals standing by in case someone gets testy).

Edited by BiggsIRL

@CaribbeanNinja several people throughout have mentioned that they do care, don't like the change, and given their reasons. Myself included. And it's really not surprising. When X-wing did similar their were several guys locally I spoke with at the store super excited to get the large cards, especially for damage decks. Most of them were older and spoke to issues of readability with their aging eyes or bifocals. One particular little group of gentleman I know sold all their preorder XW2.0 material along with their 1.0 collections literally as soon as they got the conversion material. Citing that the bigger cards still couldn't be read easily because text size was the same. This was only days after hearing then RAVE about the new size in the growing excitement of release. I never saw the other ones who shared those sentiments come back to XW either. I imagine there will be some of that here as well.

To this day I laugh at the irony of X-wing changing maneuver difficulty colors from green to blue to help the extremely rare color blind individual, but not changing text in the process of card size changes for the huge number of generally visually impaired. How ironic.

46 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

@CaribbeanNinja several people throughout have mentioned that they do care

You misunderstand. I meant that Petersaber had mentioned his pic would "trigger" people. I don't think it would.

(Edit: That still sux about the xwing cards though. I am hoping that text size will increase a bit)

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

@CaribbeanNinja well that's fair I suppose. I thought you were referencing the whole thread the way you phrased it was all.

4 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

You misunderstand. I meant that Petersaber had mentioned his pic would "trigger" people. I don't think it would.

(Edit: That still sux about the xwing cards though. I am hoping that text size will increase a bit)

Yup, that sounded like this thread wasn't about complaining about standard size rather than for some people to show deep hate to mini size, lol

I think it was just a joke, though.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

Yes, I made a joke... poking fun at the few people who so vehemetely defend FFG's decision ignoring the impact it has on consumers, but rather focusing on corporate convenience.

Was it a joke though?

2 hours ago, geek19 said:

Was it a joke though?

Not for you!

I got a sensible chuckle out of it 🤭 lol. Lighten up geek, it was pretty funny in an ironic way. It was a well executed gotcha moment. Oh also on topic, I found this bit on mini Armada cards...

Everyone interested in getting American Mini cards, contact me via Private Message. I visited the printing shop today, got a price.