Tales from the Fringe Anthology IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

R1 sends message to Raxle that the deal is done and group is heading back. R1 let them know I'm standing by and there appears to be no issues. But will monitor situation. I'm glad, I was hoping I won't have to fly out of here. I so wish I had my pilot license. Maybe someday.

Edited by tank0625

Part Three: RO-0K, Raxle Alucard, and Bestin
Chapter Two: The Betrayal

The guard follows them on to the turbolift, and it begins its decent. The turbolift makes two stops in fairly short succession, picking up a pair of men carrying a briefcase at each stop.

Shortly after the second pair boards, R1 notices signs of nervousness from the men in suits, and then sees one of them start to draw a weapon.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

R1 see a man drawing a blaster. It runs into him and pushes him to get to the elevator controls. It was successful stopping the elevator but the elevator stopped in between floors. Making the elevator coming to complete stop.

The men whip out their blasters and plug a shot into the droid at point blank range as the security officer pulls his own weapon and fires at Bestin, only grazing him as the Trandoshan shoves forwards trying to throw off his aim.

Everything seemed to be going perfect. They just got there payment, and heading back to the ship. Suddenly the guys in the elevator pull out there blasters and shoot the droid, and then Bestin. He was more lucky then the droid was, as the blast just grazed his scales. Something had to go wrong . He pulls out his vibrosword and activated it. He lunged forward sending the sword right into one of the guards chest, killing him.

What are you doing?! RO-0K demanded as it pulled it's blaster out and fired at a man in a suit. This is highly unprofessional, you can expect a reprimand in your file with the Agency. RO-0K was annoyed that his shots missed the traitorous meatsack, but it appeared to put the man off balance.. It would have to upgrade it's targeting software after this.

The other two men pull their blasters and try to fire at Bestin as he stabs the man next to them, but their shots go wide and pock the glass behind the Trandoshan.

R1 takes his computer access link and pokes the human that Bestin is engaged with (to distract him). Next R1 turns and opens the elevator door. The door is open but we are stuck between floors. R1 states with happy and then sad voice. I will fix this.

The doors slide open to reveal about a foot of space into a hallway. Blood from the man Bestin skewered spills down into the hallway, staining the floor red... The security officer's only response to RO-0K is to yell through the gap, "HEY! HEY! HELP! SECURITY!" He fires a shot at the Trandoshan, but Bestin grabs his arm and the bolt narrowly misses the head of one of his allies. The man in the suit ducks the bolt and plants the holdout blaster against Bestin's side, pulling the trigger and sending searing pain into his side.

Bestin grunts with pain as the bolt hit him in the side. Stupid man. He draws his own pistol, aiming at the man's side. "I have scalessss, do you?" As he said this he pulled the trigger. The man fell to the ground with gasp of pain, he lay still on the ground but it appeared he was still breathing. I'll let you live, but only to remember me.

Edited by jhh3

RO-0K opens a com channel to warn Raxle and to use Rook as a relay to send a record of this encounter, as proof they didn't start the fight, and added a notation that an itemized list of Hazard Fees would be forth coming.

<Raxel, we are under attack, prepare for our arrival or defend the the ship.> RO-0K turned it's attention to the beings in suits, Attention! Cease your betrayal directive, evidence of your actions have been transmitted to the proper authorities! It pulled the trigger, shooting one of the suits in the face. Further use of Betrayal Directive will be met with excessive force... initiate Doomsday Protocol! RO-0k began to emit a high pitched tone, Whooop, beep-beep-beep-beep....

One of the other men fires a shot point-blank into RO-0K, although the shot is largely absorbed by his plating, "Shut that kriffing droid off !"

Because R1 hears bad guy yelling, it decides to shut the elevator door. Next R1 states to Bestin, shoot him here. R1 projects a red targeting red dot on the head of the closest human to Bestin.

The big man swears as the door clanks shut and fires at RO-0K, hitting his elbow joint and disrupting his targeting sensors.

The wounded man on the floor shoots up at Bestin, hitting the unsuspecting Trandoshan in his side, and his compatriot kicks at R1, but only succeeds in slipping in the pool of blood and falling back against the floor, R1's targeting laser still trained on his head.

Bestin felt the bolt hit his side and looked to see who it was. That stupid little man. I'll deal with you when I'm done with this guy. He turns to the guy that R1 had it's sites on and fired a shot at him. The shot went wide and missed his target.

R1 keeps his targeting red target on the big guy. Then takes his arm and zaps the big guy in the ran to distract him for shooting at Bestin.

RO-0K confidently approaches the big security guard and aims a shot at the man's head and pulls the trigger... and watches as the bolt misses the man's face by a couple of inches... ugh..

With RO-0K's elbow out of alignment and targeting sensors malfunctioning, he can't manage to hit anything. The big man shoots at R1, trying to take out the droid so that he can work the panel and get the doors open. He hits the droid squarely, but in the close quarters of the turbolift his aim slips and he also nails the panel. He lets out a stream of curses as the turbolift suddenly begins plummeting towards the surface of Coruscant, thousands of feet below. The men on the floor try to shoot at RO-0K, but the sudden change in velocity throws off their aim. However, it also throws off RO-0K, and he falls against the wall, off-balance.

As the turbolift went flying down toward there doom Bestin trays to stable himself. "Get thissss thing to sssstop!!" He says as he finally hits the guy on the ground, killing him. Then Bestin turns around and kicks the guy that shot him before he had a chance to fire again.

RO-0K prepares another shot, cursing it's targeting array for choosing now to be finicky. It aimed at the security guard and squeezed the trigger. RO-0K knew it was going to miss as soon as the bolt left the barrel, but it seemed to get close enough to spook the security guard as the bolt exploded a section of wall lighting.

R1 tells Rook don't worry I will help you. As R1 keeps the targeting laser on Bestin's target. R1 attacks the human trying to hurt Rook. R1 gets pushed aside and into the wall of elevator. Well that didn't good well.

Edited by tank0625

The large human drops his pistol and starts hitting buttons on the control panel, trying to get it to stop. As it's clearly non-functional, he grabs his comlink, "Help! The turbolift is out of control!"

The man on the ground groans, but drops his blaster and puts his hands up, deciding that continuing to fight wouldn't go well for him.

As the turbolift continues to plummet, a disturbingly calm droid voice comes in over the turbolift's intercom, "Please remain calm. A support team will be with you shortly."

tsk , The ground will be with us shortly.... RO-0K mocks the voice on the intercom.

R1 states in an excited voice, should I attempt to stop elevator?

From his position inside the ship, Raxle sees the turbolift begin to accelerate dramatically, falling quite fast. Instantly realizing something is wrong, he then sees four guards running along the walkway in the direction of the landing pad.