Tales from the Fringe Anthology IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Crash heads to the cockpit and attempts to slice into the shuttles computer, but fails in his first attempt. Uh-.. This might take a minute....

Aleena leaned over Crash's shoulder, and looked thoughtfully at the console.

"I'm no expert, but how about we do something about this first," she suggested, pointing at a code cluster.

Crash gave a mechanical shrug, then tried to follow her advice. He wasn't exactly successful, but managed to re-set the system before any alarms were tripped. The third attempt got them the desired results, but also a future problem.

"We're going to have some difficulty with that console the next time we slice it," Crash muttered despiritedly.

"So long as we're good to go right now," Aleena said briskly.

["Aleena, Barda, we have acquired the vessel and are ready to depart immediately. What is your timing?"] came Cadena's voice over their comlink.

"Ready to take off," Aleena replied. "We just have to close the ramp first, and that's happening right ... now!" She pressed the cockpit's remote control for the ramp and hatch mechanisms.

["A little warning would be nice!"] came an irritated yelp over the comlink from Barda.

Static erupted over their shared comlink, [You might want to make a run for it.... ] Rav's voice said as a concussive UH-WOMP that was more felt than heard, as the communications array collapsed. [ Kandosii! Ori'jate'kara. ]

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Static erupted over their shared comlink, [You might want to make a run for it.... ] Rav's voice said as a concussive UH-WOMP that was more felt than heard, as the communications array collapsed. [ Kandosii! Ori'jate'kara. ]

Aleena stared at the comlink.

"That ... was unexpected," she muttered to herself. "But well-timed."

"Copy that," she said into the comlink in reply to Rav, "Thank you and good luck!"

"Crash, take off now!" she commanded the old droid.

"Cin! That's your cue!" Sienna shouts as Cadena slams the button to close all ramps and hatches. The droid beep agreement and the ship lurches into motion, rising up out of the dock and tipping up before accelerating away.

Cadena breathes deeply, then dismisses her sword back to the depths of Dathomir. "I will go clean up down below."

Crash accelerates quickly once the Lambda clears the dock, heading for space. Aleena's comm chirps, and Sienna's rather excited voice comes over, "[We've got the clearance codes for the blockade. Hang on, and I'll get them to you in a moment.]"
Aleena quickly responds, "We don't have full control of the Lambda's systems yet, I'm not sure transmitting them will work."
After a moment of silence, Sienna says "[Guess I'll transmit them the old fashioned way.]" she proceeds to read the sequence off to Aleena a digit at a time, double-checking once Aleena finishes recording it.
"Got it! We'll see you on the other side."
"[By the way, this ship is apparently a Decimator-class, Indomitable . Sounds like it packs a punch. Might come in handy on Vicsil.]"
"Let's hope that doesn't become relevant."

Meanwhile, on the Indomitable , Cadena is busy cleaning up the decapitated stormtrooper and the correlating pool of blood and caf. She grabs the trooper by his feet and drags him to the airlock, leaving a smear of gore on the deck. Then she collects the top of his head into the airlock as well, before searching for a mop and bucket. I need to find less messy ways of dealing with problems... she thinks, as she finally finds the closet.

The pair of ships rendezvous in orbit on their approach to the blockade, the Indomitable leading the way. The nearest Gozanti hails them and demands clearance codes, which Sienna hastily transmits. After a moment, the Indomitable receives the go-ahead. Then the Lambda transmits its codes and is accepted as well.

Once the pair of ships clears the blockade, Aleena's comm chirps, Sienna again. "[Let's jump a short way away and transfer you three onto this ship since the Lambda isn't fully ready yet. Then we ca-]" Aleena hears Cadena yelling up to her sister, caught on the open comm, "[Sienna! Your corpse is bleeding through... every facial feature. This is a real mess.]"
"[Err... Oops. Anyway, then we can have Cin slave-rig the shuttle and send it back to Dathomir.]" Sienna tells Aleena the coordinates from Cin, then both ships jump.

Only a few minutes later, both ships drop out of hyperspace in deep space, far from the Kiev system. Cadena calls up to warn her sister, "I've put both bodies in the airlock. Jettisoning now." An alarm beeps on the console, warning that the port airlock just opened, consigning both trooper corpses to the vacuum of space.

The Lambda emerges a moment later on the Indomitable 's starboard side, and the ships soon dock. Docking with a Lambda shuttle is a difficult task, especially for those unfamiliar with the process, but they somehow manage it. It's an odd angle, with the top of the shuttle up against the side of the larger vessel, but it works. Aleena, Barda, and Crash transfer to the Decimator and Cadena lets Cin down into the Lambda to slave rig it and send it home. After a few minutes, he warbles that he's done and skids over to the ladder, where Cadena lifts him up to the waiting arms of Barda, who completes the transfer.

After decoupling, the Lambda jumps to hyperspace on its way to Dathomir and the team sets out for Vicsil, using the coordinates Cin retrieved from the Indomitable 's computers.