Tales from the Fringe Anthology IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Aleena took the lead, slipping easily into the alcove and sitting on one of the side benches.

"I hope that you don't mind us joining you," she said to the unknown person with a smile. "The central tables are rather noisy and it's hard to carry on a private conversation there."

Barda looked down at the tray with the jug and glasses, shrugged, and picked it up again before trailing after the other three. So, probably not a bar-fight, she thought as she sat down beside Aleena.

Cadena leans against the wall, crossing her arms, and Sienna drags a nearby empty chair over and sits down, still holding her drink carefully so as not to spill it.

The figure took a drink from the bottle, draining the contents and placing it further towards the middle of the table. The figure leaned forward slightly, the features of a female human emerged from the shadows. You four wouldn't be Sisters, would you?

Sienna points to Cadena and back to herself, "We're sisters, but I'm guessing that's not quite what you mean..."

The woman smirked and leaned back into shadow. No, but you don't... feel like what happened a couple of days ago, so I'm going to guess you were sent here because of what happened.

Cadena decides to take a direct approach, not liking these little games. "What's your interest in all this?"

The woman's thumb tapped the table in possible impatience. Well, that depends if you are my new contact... Her tone lightened, Good girls like you would do as Mother asked, right? Her head tilted slightly, looking at Barda. Are you going to drink all of that, or is it communal?

Barda poured beer into two glasses, then shoved one over to the apparently thirsty woman before taking a sip from her own glass.

Aleena nodded.

"Four sisters, two by choice," she said. "We come from the Night herself."

The woman leaned forward to retrieve the glass, a small smile touching her lips. A faint sound of metal scraping came from under the table like a knife blade sliding into a sheath and her other hand appeared with a datacard to rest on the table. Both arms have armor, a reddish brown. Kandosii. My name is Rav, now we can get to business... She slid the card forward. That's what I could collect on the target.. She brought the glass to her lips and took a couple long pulls, then set it down.

"A human Grand Moff, then," said Aleena quietly after swiftly skimming the data. "It looks like he's retired but continuing his old hobbies."

She looke up at Rav.

"What happened a few days ago, and what happened to our sister?" she asked. "Do you know, or have some educated guesses?"

Rav took a swallow from the glass before answering. Educated guess. Most of her ship had been disposed of before I arrived, but the imprint from the site and what was left made me think of some old stories... And some rumors.

A soft, mournful tone emanated from behind a gap between the benches. Wooo...

Rav nodded, Right- She was interrupted by Crash poking his head around the alcove entrance. Say, did I just hear...

Rav had the glass to her lips for another sip, but on seeing the battered B1, she spit out the liquid and laughed.

"Ah yes, this is Crash. Say hello, Crash." Sienna says.

Cadena looks towards the source of the sound, expecting to see an astromech of some sort.

Crash raised a hand in greeting, Oh, hi Rav!

Crash, how are you? She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Why are you out here?

They needed a pilot, I was the only one available.

Well, you saved me a trip.. She pulled out a data stick and slid it towards him. System update patch.

Aleena was confused.

"Uhh, how do you two know each other?"

Rav tilted her head. I guess you could say I'm familiar with his family.. One of my Aunts writes update patches for them, She has a thing for droids. Crash hasn't been in touch for a over a year..

A year? Crash asked surprised, he look between them looking more nervous than before, head twitching.

Rav sighed, motioning to Barda, You'll have to give him the update patch when you can, the Separatist Alliance repurposed some of their B1's so many times, their circuits tend to acquire more quirks than other models. The patches help integrate them safely to their behavioral subroutines.

Ignoring the discussion around the B1, Cadena peers through the crack and sees a C1 astromech resembling the one they've been searching for. She drops to a knee and beckons it out of its hiding place. "Hello, little one. Did you work with Gala? We've been looking for one like you."

The little droid made a sad little uh-huh tone.

Hmm? the tone brought Rav out of her discussion with Barda, Oh, that's your Sister's astromech; C1-N8. Found it waiting for me when I arrived, poor thing.. Been hiding from whatever got Gala.

Cadena nods and looks back to the astromech, "Little one, any information you can give us on what happened to Gala will help us complete her mission, possibly saving her in the process if she is still alive."

Sienna looks at her sister in amusement, not used to seeing her express any sort of sympathy or "light touch." She then returns her focus to Rav, realizing something. "Are you the one who got Aleena's attention through the Force? I didn't realize any Mandalorians did that."

Rav smirked and shrugged, Yeah, the possibility scares the osik out of aruetii, but as far as I know it isn't common. I was noticed and picked up some tricks... She reached back and pulled out a heavy looking satchel, placed it on the table and flipped open the flap exposing a box like device inside. Which reminds me, Gala agreed to do something for us; this is a data storage device, we'd like you to download Root's database from his office terminal. Oh, and take as many artifacts as you can and let us go through them. There are a lot of interested parties out there, you'd be surprised by how many practitioners of the Force there are, and now that ol' papa Palps is gone, they are starting to come out of their holes. Many of them are looking to get their cultures back, like you.

Edited by RuusMarev

Sienna nods, "That sounds fair."

Cadena stands back up, " After we recover any artifacts that rightfully belong to the Nightsisters."

Rav glances at Cadena, then to Sienna and taps the satchel with a finger. This can be installed into N8, or you can carry it with you when you infiltrate, just plug in and it'll slice in and collect all on its own. Green light means it's done... Rav looks at Crash and suppresses a cringe, What kind of ship did you bring?

"The kind that ends up in a scrapyard on arrival." Sienna says, half-laughing, half-groaning.

Sigh.. Ok, your best bet is to stea- creatively source one of the Imperial supply ships at the space port.. They should have the coordinates and codes to get you to Vicsil, N8 and Crash should help you slice any on-board security. If by some miracle you succeed, your people get a new ship as a bonus.

C1-N8 hooted a suggestion. Rav whipped around You can what? C1-N8 repeated the hoot.

Rav chuckled, You sneaky little...

N8 thinks it can rig a basic slave circuit into whatever ship you acquire, only simple commands and a couple of astrogation coordinates.. Rav explained.