Too Many Bothans... [Mafia]

By ovinomanc3r, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

4 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

Page 2 and 3.

I get it, but not sure what I'm supposed to do with that info..

27 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

I get it, but not sure what I'm supposed to do with that info..

General Draven is in charge of Rebel Intelligence. (Hooray Wookiepedia.)

Intel Analysts would presumably report to Draven.

Ebon was saying hint hint, I'm a Rebel Intel Analyst.

A few thoughts;

1. I’m concerned, especially after reading Forty’s post about “ _____ intel not infiltrated” that we cannot necessarily trust our bits of random information.

2. If we can trust it, I received exculpatory information on a player last night. I’m unsure how to proceed with it, save that for now I’m unwilling to vote them.

3. I think the theory that scum was clued into what appears to be our “vanilla” role has legs. Otherwise a mass claim breaks the game. It would also seem that our role is relatively strong for a vanilla, so again I reiterate my concern about how trustworthy our information is.

4. Bertie is giving me a very polarized read depending on the accuracy of the above assumptions. If right, I think he must be town. If wrong I think he’s very likely scum.

5. Caldias really hasn’t said very much. Given the lack of movement and my desire to bring him out of the cold;

##vote @Caldias

6. Pod has been quieter than usual d2.

My reads:

Possibly scum:

Caldias: Said little yesterday; last words were asking how much time we had left--a possible sign of hoping for a no-vote.

PodRacer: Hello lurker. Bad first day, try to convince me today you're town.

Hmm:

Madaghmire: Didn't say much yesterday but pretty active now. I generally agree with his line of thinking.

Biggs: Seemed like he had a good day yesterday but I don't know why he distrusts Ebon (I'm leaning town on Biggs though).

Town, Maybe:

Forty: For reasons I gave above. Biggs' theory is interesting though.

Ebon: This is as towny as I've ever seen Ebon. Interesting that he trusts Pod now--I'm guessing he got something in a PM. But if Ebon was infiltrated (a possibility), then we can't necessarily trust a PM.

GNIP: Seems towny.

Hey kids, let's calm down with all the votey votey. I've got some intel I can share in a little bit.

37 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Hey kids, let's calm down with all the votey votey. I've got some intel I can share in a little bit.

Share it with us now?

Will in a little bit, still working.

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Work has been a bit busy.

So, I agree, I've been a bit lurky, but expect to be more active in the next day and a half or so. But I do have some fun things to discuss:

10 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

You're not wrong there. Except the role title is probably our equivalent of vanilla town, and scum might have information on it as a fake claim. I've done my scum list with that in mind.

I'm very interested to hear what he has to say when he gets on though.

While I agree it could be something scum was handed as a fake claim, I feel like for now it sort of clears him from the need of pressing investigation. Not saying he's clear, just that he's not the best place to look currently

On 2/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, FortyInRed said:

Yes, I'm a Rebel Intel Analyst.

Frankly you all are doing the same thing you're accusing me of. I thought Matt seemed a little sketchy, and said as much. Now you all think I'm sketchy, and are jumping on me. I do hope you appreciate the irony here.

Forty had a good point here, that we were piling on his pile on, which is what made me pull off of him.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:32 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Assuming I live tonight expect a scum chart effortpost.

Is this still forthcoming?

On 2/4/2020 at 12:08 PM, ovinomanc3r said:

All you go direct to the meeting room as you have been commanded. Mon Mothma is already waiting.

dx0xaxgvvszgtqgxyg94.png

- Please, sit down. We’ve just discovered that some of you are leaking nude pics of our dear princess during her holidays at the sunny beaches of Tattoine. This is serious business so you better start talking.

After a few seconds of lascivious smiles one by one some of you start pointing towards Matt. He first denies the accusations but not be so persuasive he then point out that all you have seen those pics.

- And you enjoyed! - He shout while been arrested by some rebel officers to be executed.

@Matt3412 is dead. He was a Rebel Intel Analyst. He was town.

Vote record:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular - (0) -

@Madaghmire - (0) - Biggs ,

@FortyInRed - (1) - Ghost , Caldias , Matt, Bertie

@PodRacer - (1) - ebon, Bertie , Bertie

@BiggsIRL - (0) - Pod ,

@Bertie Wooster - (1) - Pod , Mad

@EbonHawk - (0) -

@Matt3412 - (5) - Forty, Pod, Biggs, Bertie, Ghost

@Caldias - (0) -

Night 1 starts now.

So, I got some random information, not sure from who, but it makes me think that Rebel Intel Analyst might be more than vanilla. The information I got states that only one scum person was on the vote last night.

SO, given that, and given that I think a game this size probably has two scum, we can also deduce that one scum stayed off the vote. I know I'm town (you don't know that but bear with me) so our best chances right now is that it leaves us with either Mads or Ebon as scum. And Ebon's soft claim involving Draven is having me lean Mads, although that Draven thing might just be convenient flavor. Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Caldias said:

Ah! Nevermind, Biggs, I think I didn't realize your chart was the list you posted based on suspicions. Ignore that part!

5 hours ago, Caldias said:

So, I got some random information, not sure from who , but it makes me think that Rebel Intel Analyst might be more than vanilla. The information I got states that only one scum person was on the vote last night.

Was this information given to you without you asking for it, or did you ask for this information?

The "not sure from who" part seems like an odd detail.

6 hours ago, Caldias said:

Hey all, sorry for the delay. Work has been a bit busy.

So, I agree, I've been a bit lurky, but expect to be more active in the next day and a half or so. But I do have some fun things to discuss:

While I agree it could be something scum was handed as a fake claim, I feel like for now it sort of clears him from the need of pressing investigation. Not saying he's clear, just that he's not the best place to look currently

Forty had a good point here, that we were piling on his pile on, which is what made me pull off of him.

So, I got some random information, not sure from who, but it makes me think that Rebel Intel Analyst might be more than vanilla. The information I got states that only one scum person was on the vote last night.

SO, given that, and given that I think a game this size probably has two scum, we can also deduce that one scum stayed off the vote. I know I'm town (you don't know that but bear with me) so our best chances right now is that it leaves us with either Mads or Ebon as scum. And Ebon's soft claim involving Draven is having me lean Mads, although that Draven thing might just be convenient flavor. Any thoughts?

Was I sent here by the Devil? No good sir, I’m on the level.

13 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

General Draven is in charge of Rebel Intelligence. (Hooray Wookiepedia.)

Intel Analysts would presumably report to Draven.

Ebon was saying hint hint, I'm a Rebel Intel Analyst.

Love.

13 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

I’m concerned, especially after reading Forty’s post about “ _____ intel not infiltrated” that we cannot necessarily trust our bits of random information.

He says the Intel was *not* infiltrated, but it's cause for concern going forward. Scum do have a 1-shot immunity as well which is likely Cop or Lynch protection imo.

I think the theory that scum was clued into what appears to be our “vanilla” role has legs. Otherwise a mass claim breaks the game. It would also seem that our role is relatively strong for a vanilla, so again I reiterate my concern about how trustworthy our information is.

This holds more weight for claims after Forty and I, unless you count scum having fake claims... As me and forty both had ours out first, everyone else is now claiming after the fact.

4. Bertie is giving me a very polarized read depending on the accuracy of the above assumptions. If right, I think he must be town. If wrong I think he’s very likely scum.

5. Caldias really hasn’t said very much. Given the lack of movement and my desire to bring him out of the cold;

Ditto on Bertie I'm 50/50 on him, Cal/Biggs I think are off in some way, also Gnips. Inclined to let everyone else pass today barring any slips

11 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Biggs: Seemed like he had a good day yesterday but I don't know why he distrusts Ebon (I'm leaning town on Biggs though)

Biggs/Pod would distrust Ebon.

11 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

This is as towny as I've ever seen Ebon. Interesting that he trusts Pod now--I'm guessing he got something in a PM. But if Ebon was infiltrated (a possibility), then we can't necessarily trust a PM.

Just play wise and his reactions, want to see him play out D2 before bringing the judgement down, Biggs/Call/Nips all better choices for me. My PM only mentions scum having a 1 shot immunity.

8 hours ago, Caldias said:

This changes my thoughts on Cal somewhat, I also KNOW OVI left one key clue out of Matts flop about his role and levels to it that scum may not know. If I assume you're town and change my above thinking, POD or BiGGS for scum off the last vote. Lower gnips for the hammer, as it was quick and makes more sense if no scum on wagon already.

3 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Was this information given to you without you asking for it, or did you ask for this information?

The "not sure from who" part seems like an odd detail.

INDEEEED.

Cal answer?

1-shot immunity is interesting. Cop protection seems unlikely, given that there are multiple Intel Analysts already, a Cop would seem overpowered in this game. Lynch protection seems more likely--it's usually really annoying/gamebreaking to give it to scum, but it might make sense in this game.

My information tells me that BiggsIRL and EbonHawk were visited by scum last night. I'm not sure if this is absolute proof they're both town, but that's the simplest explanation. My guess is that one was roleblocked AND targeted for the kill, and the other was infiltrated.

I am very low-ranking (I am probably outranked by all of you), so I'm not sure how useful / trustworthy this info is...on the face of it, it seems pretty useful though so I decided to share.

30 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

1-shot immunity is interesting. Cop protection seems unlikely, given that there are multiple Intel Analysts already, a Cop would seem overpowered in this game. Lynch protection seems more likely--it's usually really annoying/gamebreaking to give it to scum, but it might make sense in this game.

Agree.

30 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

My information tells me that BiggsIRL and EbonHawk were visited by scum last night. I'm not sure if this is absolute proof they're both town, but that's the simplest explanation. My guess is that one was roleblocked AND targeted for the kill, and the other was infiltrated.

Forty said intel was NOT infiltrated

14 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

It mentioned another player, and that their "intel is not infiltrated". Whatever that means.

However, roleblock is still an option, also is a recruit. Afterall we did have no kill, knowing I wasn't that would point to biggs firmly. Else we have a doc who targeted me or biggs, but then I'm reluctant as all this info is out in the open it's easy for cult to fake claim

23 minutes ago, EbonHawk said:

Agree.

Forty said intel was NOT infiltrated

However, roleblock is still an option, also is a recruit. Afterall we did have no kill, knowing I wasn't that would point to biggs firmly. Else we have a doc who targeted me or biggs, but then I'm reluctant as all this info is out in the open it's easy for cult to fake claim

Forty said one player's intel was not infiltrated. Forty hasn't told us who that player is. But that suggests to me that someone's intel WAS infiltrated, otherwise Forty's info is a complete red herring.

Biggs a recruit...I hadn't thought of that. If Biggs is a recruit, that might also explain why 1) No kill attempt was reported (usually mod would announce it if an attempt was made and the doc saved, right?) 2) Why Biggs suggested he was roleblocked (he may have info that's useful for town but doesn't want to give it)

I'm still inclined to start with Caldias, given that his posts so far have only increased my suspicions.

5 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Forty said one player's intel was not infiltrated. Forty hasn't told us who that player is. But that suggests to me that someone's intel WAS infiltrated, otherwise Forty's info is a complete red herring.

I see where you're coming from

6 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Biggs a recruit...I hadn't thought of that. If Biggs is a recruit, that might also explain why 1) No kill attempt was reported (usually mod would announce it if an attempt was made and the doc saved, right?) 2) Why Biggs suggested he was roleblocked (he may have info that's useful for town but doesn't want to give it)

I'm still inclined to start with Caldias, given that his posts so far have only increased my suspicions.

Cult recruit and roleblock seems about right

1 minute ago, EbonHawk said:

Cult recruit and roleblock seems about right

I can see one or the other, but both? If Biggs was recruited, then...you were roleblocked? That doesn't make sense; you received your intel.

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I can see one or the other, but both? If Biggs was recruited, then...you were roleblocked? That doesn't make sense; you received your intel.

good point, they could have a role cop of their own maybe? I can state apart from the info from Ovi which I shared, I wasn't notified of anything else pertaining to me last night. Recruit seems like a good gamble D2, and if Biggs is scum may also line up with Cals claim only 1 scum was on wagon, which narrows the pool for D3.

10 hours ago, Caldias said:

couple things Cal, if your info says scum were on wagon (Forty/Pod/Biggs/Bertie/Ghost) why then pick me and Mad over everyone, when you state my soft claim yourself...

Who do you think is scum on wagon?

And you seem to be under some info that scum has 3 players? and is a scum not a recruiting faction of some kind.

Also for everyone else

Ebon - scum have 1 shot immunity

Bertie - Scum visited me and Biggs

Cal - 1 scum was on wagon

Forty - A player was Not infiltrated

(all above claim intel analyst)

Mad - ? town lean so far but hey its mad

Gnips - ? ?????

Biggs - ? I believe has slipped up as scum in his approach to Forty and I

Pod - ? Could be anything, prefer to hang biggs first

Intel analysts unite, 1/4 chance

I say I was roleblocked because I requested intel last night and got a "you didn't recieve any intel" message.

If scum visited you then you're as likely to be converted as me Ebon.

And with literally everyone as the same role (and at least 3 flipped by the time I did my analysis) it would be INSANE not to do analysis assuming scum had fake claims because a mass claim would show exactly who they were.

Here's the problem: literally anyone could be lying about their intel, including scum having an infiltration mechanic. If they do, we could have as many as 3-4 pieces of bad intel.

With mine blocked I know that Bertie's is at least half correct, but I don't even know if it is full correct.

Let's assume for the moment an infiltration mechanic: If Bertie is right, that means Ebon was the infiltration target, and we are probably dealing with 2 scum and aren't in MYLO already. Where is the kill though?

2 more pieces of bad intel out there from either people who have claimed lying or non-claims keeping quiet.

##unvote from Caldias so the vote counter is correct.

If Cal is correct we have a 50/50 shot of hitting scum by going for non-Cal non-voters from day 1.