Shadowed Paths Expansion

By Mythrider, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Just got a notice my preorder shadowed path expansion is processing and will be shipping soon!

Dang, Smith looks cool. I dig it. And Delver + Burglar is gonna be doooope.

I assume Traveler will pair nicely with Pathfinder, and Herbalist with Musician. I had wondered if Meddler would pair best with Burglar, but I don't know at this point.

I'm just so glad multiclassing is getting so diverse! :D

Also, if anyone was curious about new items

There's a Shield that allows you to prepare a card with the "guard" keyword from your discard after you take damage. That's gonna be awesome for guardian builds, not to mention character-specific cards like Strider.

Yeah! Multiclassing definitely becomes super cool! The amouth of combinations just did go thought the roof!

I received my copy today 😀

No app update yet 😩

Where did you order yours from that you got this early?

Probably they live in the U.S...

26 minutes ago, Henilin said:

Probably they live in the U.S...

I actually doubt that, considering at the time of that post it was 9AM on the East coast, and mail isn’t usually delivered that early (at least in my experience).

FFG preorders do often show up a few days before the release date, from what I’ve gathered, though.

Weirdly enough, for the first time ever, I actually got an email from Asmodee with tracking info on my preorder. It says it'll be here for me on Friday. That'll be the first post-Covid release to actually arrive on time for me if that's true, which is very nice. It's one of the things I've most been looking forward to, aside from the last Dream-Eaters scenario for AHLCG (which showed up like two weeks late, but it was worth the wait).

Now I just gotta sit back and wait for Sorastro to start making tutorials to give me painting ideas.

22 hours ago, Liggur90 said:

No app update yet 😩

Yeah, got my copy yesterday aswell. Got it from a local gaming shop in germany.

Sadly, I won't have time to paint until tomorrow and I'm not done sculpting, 3d printing and painting all the cardboard stuff in the main box yet. Won't start the next session before all is done.

Edited by corelich
On 7/7/2020 at 1:55 PM, Rebel-Smuggler said:

Where did you order yours from that you got this early?

U.K pre-order.

local game shop

My preorder will arrive on the 11th. So much for getting it before the release date....

I am getting it tomorrow but does anyone know when this expansion arrives in the app?

Edited by Rob Breedeveld

sent an email today to the store I always buy my games. Turned out they already had the game (for days?). Immediately bought a copy which was sent earlier today.

Yeah mine was posted today due to arrive tomorrow. Thank you Royal Mail

Boardlandia created my order's shipping label today. No other updates. I'm in no rush, the gaming group is still on covid hiatus.

Has there been a delay in release? I see most UK stores don’t seem to have received copies this week even though Asmodee UK site showed it should have shipped this week. Also no sign of the expansion on the App yet.

44 minutes ago, Braddock76ie said:

Has there been a delay in release? I see most UK stores don’t seem to have received copies this week even though Asmodee UK site showed it should have shipped this week. Also no sign of the expansion on the App yet.

I preordered mine from chaos cards, turned up in the last couple of hours so some uk suppliers have received it

44 minutes ago, Braddock76ie said:

Not as far as I know. I have the game since a few days and so do others. BGG shows over 150 'owns'.

I don't live in the uk though, that may be part of it.

Yeah the Expansion released this Friday all over Europe

Yessss, Unboxing at 53N,4E

Edited by Henilin
On 7/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, Liggur90 said:

No app update yet 😩

Still no update. Does anyone have any news about this? Seems strange to sell a game which isnt playable.

It all looks as beautiful as before !

arrived here an hour ago.

Now where's the app update?

The update is available to download on Steam! I don't have the physical product here quite yet, but I updated and went into the new adventure screen far enough to check what the suggested builds are for each of the new characters :P