Shadowed Paths Expansion

By Mythrider, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

So a couple of Canadian retailers are taking pre-orders for an expansion called Shadowed Paths.

Price is almost as much as the core set ($85 CAD) so it must be big.

That's a bit higher than the Canadian $ price of the larger Imperial Assault expansions.

85 CAD is like 60 euros or 65 USD, which is about the normal price for big expansions for FFG for games like Mansions of Madness, or Imperial Assault like mentioned above (which tend to retail at 59.95 usd or so?).

In any case, I think this is exciting news and I look forward to hearing more, hopefully FFG will announce something soon.

Exciting news! Hopefully it hits stores March/April.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:01 AM, Milanpop said:

Exciting news! Hopefully it hits stores March/April.

Apparently it will be a May/June 2020 release...

Wow, that's a big expansion. I really liked this game, but I haven't had a chance to play the second campaign yet, even though I have it. I got pulled back into LOTR the Card Game, and haven't really had the time. Not enough time to play all the games I want to play!

On 12/6/2019 at 3:06 AM, Vince79 said:

Wow, that's a big expansion. I really liked this game, but I haven't had a chance to play the second campaign yet, even though I have it. I got pulled back into LOTR the Card Game, and haven't really had the time. Not enough time to play all the games I want to play!

Yeah in an interview the game desginer said they will do only big expansions; no small boxes

Edited by zwara81
13 hours ago, zwara81 said:

Yeah in an interview the game desginer said they will do only big expansions; no small boxes

Well, the first added campaign/figure pack was pretty small.

I'm sure the new expansion will have new map pieces. There are a lot of possibilities with maps - they could do the Old Forest, the Shire, Moria mines, wastes of Mordor, plains of Rohan, street of Gondor, anything.

10 hours ago, Vince79 said:

Well, the first added campaign/figure pack was pretty small.

I'm sure the new expansion will have new map pieces. There are a lot of possibilities with maps - they could do the Old Forest, the Shire, Moria mines, wastes of Mordor, plains of Rohan, street of Gondor, anything.

if look at Mansion of madness there are small boxes and big boxes. or imperial assault figurpacks small boxes and big boxes.

as far we know here will be only figurpacks and bigboxes.

Edited by zwara81

So far... The JIME allows all kind of expansions.

It i hard to know, because we have so far two expansions released. One dls and one figurepack with some cards. The Shadow path seems to be? a big expansion... Who knows what after that. Small box could include one new hero with his cards...

An online game store in Australia has this up for pre-order including box art for the new expansion:

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/the-lord-of-the-rings-journeys-in-middle-earth-shadowed-paths-expansion-board-game

Expand your adventures across Middle-earth with the Shadowed Paths expansion for The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth! This expansion adds new heroes, enemies, terrain, and items to all of your adventures, unlocking more ways for you to explore this iconic land. Meanwhile, an all-new campaign containing thirteen scenarios invites you to walk the tangled paths of Mirkwood and venture into the shadowed halls of abandoned Moria to face ancient evils. Will you heed the call? Prepare your heroes and brave the terrors of Shadowed Paths!

Release date is listed as February of 2020 - I'm a bit surprised there isn't an FFG preview article out yet though?

21 minutes ago, Faranim said:

Release date is listed as February of 2020 - I'm a bit surprised there isn't an FFG preview article out yet though?

They've announced the announcement. Expect news on the 28th, so this coming Tuesday.

Any news on the Tiles? will they add indoor scenery (throne chamber, torture chamber etc...) or only different kind of outdoor tiles?

Indoor tiles (like mansions of madness) should be great

considering the the expansion will go into Moria, I'd bet there will be more indoor scenery.

They did reveal at least a treasure chamber in the stream, so most likely other special Rooms too!

Did they say something about when it will be released in Germany?

So it seems it's going t be delays by at least 1 month...

Delays for May releases are not yet confirmed so we could still see it in May.

would it matter though? Can't play the game when we are stuck social distancing 😒

On 3/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, Jaran91 said:

Did they say something about when it will be released in Germany?

Most FFG games get released at the same time around the globe (or at least they try to). Until now all JIME products have been released in Germany at the same time as in the US. If everything is going as planned we can expect the game in May. But usually it doesn't... 😅

12 hours ago, Staelwulf said:

Most FFG games get released at the same time around the globe (or at least they try to). Until now all JIME products have been released in Germany at the same time as in the US. If everything is going as planned we can expect the game in May. But usually it doesn't... 😅

Anecdotal at best, but Black Widow was supposed to release this week for Marvel Champions. FFG's article last week stated that they're delaying any April releases, and pushing back the rest of the schedule with it, in the US.

Several people in Australia, and a couple Europeans, are reporting that their stores/distributors have received the product and are still sending it out this week. So if you're in Germany you might be in luck.

Thanks for the share. Meddler class looks interesting to play. I’m excited for the new content even thought it was pushed back to July.

Gandalf’s got a “walking stick,” “sword,” and “robe”?

Wonder if those are exact translations of the cards he comes with, how the walking stick works with other players (or if it’s restricted to him somehow), and if it’s the same sword as the base game.