Shadowed Paths Expansion

By Mythrider, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

11 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

and if it’s the same sword as the base game

I imagine if that's the case they would introduce new second and third tier upgrades for it. Personally I think I'd be fine with that.

7 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

I imagine if that's the case they would introduce new second and third tier upgrades for it. Personally I think I'd be fine with that.

Yeah, I’d hope that would be the case if so.

Also: dual wielding swords? 😄

21 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Also: dual wielding swords? 😄

Uhh... that's a thing... that would happen.

1 hour ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Uhh... that's a thing... that would happen.

My initial reaction was “that’s overpowered,” but it requires lots of successes. Could be viable on Gimli if they do indeed give us another copy of the basic sword (or any single-handed might-based weapon to wield with the sword).

That said, I look forward to more non-combat equipment too. The harp is really good, and I’m guessing the banner is better than I give it credit for, if you actually remember to use it.

Edited by SpiderMana

Something I think would add some more tactics and character development to the game would be character interactive effects. Something to the extent of a card with text "When adjacent to Legolas and upon Legolas defeating an enemy figure, Gimli may move one space and immediately attack. Discard after use." I think this would add an extra dynamic of character interaction to the game and would encourage partnering up of certain heroes. Just my opinion though! Still love the game.

Is there a specific date for the release yet? I am kind of surprised there aren't new updates on cards, tiles, characters, game play too.

1 hour ago, egwoolsie said:

Is there a specific date for the release yet? I am kind of surprised there aren't new updates on cards, tiles, characters, game play too.

In the Upcoming page it says July! Can't wait!

1 hour ago, egwoolsie said:

FFG hasn't been able to keep up on the regular schedule of Livestreams, and the few streams they have done haven’t had as much info, I don’t think. Not sure if Minnesota is reopening yet but they’ll probably be able to put out more info soon.

Any new info on Shadowed Paths besides what's on the FFG website and the announcement video they did in January? I'm getting real anxious to get my hands on it!

16 hours ago, Birdman137 said:

Any new info on Shadowed Paths besides what's on the FFG website and the announcement video they did in January? I'm getting real anxious to get my hands on it!

Upcoming Products page has it at July. If it was supposed to be released in May (same as the base game last year) that's a two-month delay, which falls in line with the release delays for Marvel Champions.

Allmost everything that is been made in China Are now about two months late. So that seems to be the standard Also in this.

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Typo

I've gone ahead and preordered it from FFG. Really hoping we get another article at some point before then, though.

The FFG wesite was updated today. We have a release date!

Shadowed Paths
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth - Expansions
US release date: 7/10/2020 | Latest update: 6/5/2020

On 6/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Birdman137 said:

The FFG wesite was updated today. We have a release date!

Shadowed Paths
The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth - Expansions
US release date: 7/10/2020 | Latest update: 6/5/2020

Oh, good, just started meeting back up with the family I was playing with, and we should be able to finish the first campaign just about in time for the new box 😄 Hopefully FFG has it's delays figured out by next month, because it sounds like playing catch-up for other games this past week has been somewhat hit-or-miss.

People have started getting shipping emails from FFG for their Marvel Champions Doctor Strange preorders, and he's due to release July 3rd--a week before Shadowed Paths is supposed to release. Here's to hoping we start getting emails next week? 🤞

WOOT! 🤗

Screenshot_20200625-151804_Gmail.jpg

On 6/18/2020 at 12:20 PM, SpiderMana said:

People have started getting shipping emails from FFG for their Marvel Champions Doctor Strange preorders, and he's due to release July 3rd--a week before Shadowed Paths is supposed to release. Here's to hoping we start getting emails next week? 🤞

Exactly one week from your post. Lol.

38 minutes ago, doubletapdaddy said:

Exactly one week from your post. Lol.

Yeah, I looked at the date as soon as I got my email 😂

My Villains of Eriador has had a shipping number for about a week now, but the package hasn't actually gotten to UPS? I don't know if that's likely to be a similar timeline for preorders vs regular orders, but I'm still hoping to get Villains in before I fight Atarin for the first time next week (second time making it to the last mission, but I'm hopeful that this group is far better prepared and might actually see him spawn 😂 ). More importantly I'm hoping Shadowed Paths doesn't take too long to show up, because we're just wrapping up this campaign and I want to use new characters and items and explore a new campaign :D

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my Villains of Eriador figure pack.

Shadowed paths is supposed to arrive on the release date if you prepared.

With everything being delayed, who knows if it'll arrive the same day it usually would've with other preorders.

Prior to the pandemic, my preorders would typically arrive on the Monday before the actual listed release date. (About a year ago it used to be on Tuesday, but they started coming on Mondays eventually.) But I had three preorders that were all supposed to release on June 5th. Every single one of them arrived on a different day.

Black Widow arrived on June 4th, one day before the listed date.
Weavers of the Cosmos arrived on June 11th, about a week late.
And Blood of Balshaandor was on June 12th, but I also preordered my friend's copy, which arrived several days after mine did.

Hopefully it was just that initial wave of preorders that were shipped out of sync like that, and we'll be getting everything else on time. The fact that I got the "shipping soon" emails for both Doctor Strange and The Blob That Ate Everything on the same day, and my Shadowed Paths email exactly one week later, is promising though.

9 hours ago, Annette Soleil said:

Hopefully it was just that initial wave of preorders that were shipped out of sync like that, and we'll be getting everything else on time. The fact that I got the "shipping soon" emails for both Doctor Strange and The Blob That Ate Everything on the same day, and my Shadowed Paths email exactly one week later, is promising though.

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping. Plus I believe they’re in the middle of transitioning away from Alliance as their distributor, somewhere in here. Not sure if that effected that June wave of preorders or not.

17 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Yeah, I looked at the date as soon as I got my email 😂

My Villains of Eriador has had a shipping number for about a week now, but the package hasn't actually gotten to UPS? I don't know if that's likely to be a similar timeline for preorders vs regular orders, but I'm still hoping to get Villains in before I fight Atarin for the first time next week (second time making it to the last mission, but I'm hopeful that this group is far better prepared and might actually see him spawn 😂 ). More importantly I'm hoping Shadowed Paths doesn't take too long to show up, because we're just wrapping up this campaign and I want to use new characters and items and explore a new campaign :D

I was in the same boat as you regarding Villains and it showed up today even thought the tracking never even showed it as picked up!...

57 minutes ago, DandGeezer said:

I was in the same boat as you regarding Villains and it showed up today even thought the tracking never even showed it as picked up!...

Mine showed up as well! It showed up via USPS, though, and the tracking. Email I got was from UPS. So that is presumably part of the confusion over whether it was picked up 😜

Makes me less worried that Shadowed Paths will be delayed, though, that this wasn’t particularly delayed like I was thinking.

When does the app update go live for the Shadowed Paths content?

44 minutes ago, Liggur90 said:

When does the app update go live for the Shadowed Paths content?

With the box officially set to release on July 10th, it might not go live until that day? I can't find any discussion regarding the timing for the previous expansion/DLC going live.

Best I can find, looks like the Ember Crown campaign was released on Steam July 30th last year, and the announcement article on FFG's news page was put up August 2nd? So maybe a couple days before the product release, for people whose direct preorders arrive a bit early?

It was a Tuesday and Friday, looking at last year's calendar, so here's to hoping it goes live 7th and shows up at my doorstep by then, since my game night for this is on Tuesdays! 😂