[UPDATE 15/12/19] Heroes On Both Sides - An unofficial Clone Wars supplement feat. 300+ NPCs, new playable species and more!

By Kualan, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Just noticed something else, you list in the equipment for the Pyke leader that his armor gives +2 Soak and +1 Defense, but you list him as having 0/0 Defense.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Just noticed something else, you list in the equipment for the Pyke leader that his armor gives +2 Soak and +1 Defense, but you list him as having 0/0 Defense.

Thanks for the catch - he used to have defense but should not in the final version. I'll update the armor entry in the next update - will also clarify in his Ride The High ability that he has to take the spice dose as an action.

Edited by Kualan

Minor change that will be in the next update; Sy Snootles now has Agility 2 and Ranged Light 1 which reduces her combat output from YYG to YG. Her wound threshold has also been decreased by 1 to a total of 12, and I corrected a mistake where her holdout pistol was listed as using Ranged Heavy. This will appear in the next update.

Edited by Kualan

I somehow managed to completely miss including the character Moralo Eval in the Scum & Villainy update. He will be added in the next update.

Also, after Heroes On Both Sides is done I'm thinking about doing some work on vehicles and starships from the era. FFG has been very good to us Clone Wars fans with most of the period's vehicles now statted, but there are still a few omissions - in particular I noticed we don't have any of the unique Umbaran vehicles/starships as far as I know. Any other Clone Wars vehicles people have noticed we don't have official stats for?

I'm less confident with vehicle stats than I am NPC ones - and I might hold off until FFG announce their inevitable vehicles compilation book in case some of these are in there - but I'll add them on my long-term project list as "maybes".

OG-9 Homing spider droid, large Octuptarra, large Crab Droid, TX-130 saber tank, AT-XT.

Also, in the Scum and Villany section, you misspelled "adrenaline" in the profile for the Pykes. You dropped the "e" at the end.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Much smaller update this week:

5/10/19: SECTION FIVE - FORCE USERS IS NOW COMPLETE. PDF LINKS IN THE MAIN POST.

6 new pages (7 if you include Moralo Eval added to Scum & Villainy) focused around Dathomir. Some further tweaks to previous pages based on feedback. This update was originally planned to have more pages but some were moved (for example, I decided to move the Bardottan NPCs to the next People & Planets section) or I removed them as I decided not to include the characters in question (e.g. the Ones from Mortis).

Edited by Kualan

Maul: I know it wasn't in the official stats, but could you add an attack for his legs? If your policy is to never tweak official stats at all, then I understand.

Other than that (and the pathetically low damage on the nightbrother weapons [not your fault]) it looks fine! But this isn't my area of expertise, so i may have missed something.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

OG-9 Homing spider droid, large Octuptarra, large Crab Droid, TX-130 saber tank, AT-XT.

I'd like to add the AV-7 cannon and the AT-OT. I'm sure I'll remember more at some point, but these, I think, are the main ones.

Edit: I remembered more! The Separatist Proton Cannon, Geonosian Sonic Cannon, Republic Stealth Ship, Small Providence, Diamond-class cruiser, Hardcell-class transport.

(and, of course, as you mentioned, all the Umbara stuff)

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
On 10/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'd like to add the AV-7 cannon and the AT-OT. I'm sure I'll remember more at some point, but these, I think, are the main ones.

Edit: I remembered more! The Separatist Proton Cannon, Geonosian Sonic Cannon, Republic Stealth Ship, Small Providence, Diamond-class cruiser, Hardcell-class transport.

(and, of course, as you mentioned, all the Umbara stuff)

All good suggestions, though I'm becoming more certain that any potential vehicle compilation is going to be a long way off as I'll be taking a break after HOBS is finished. Don't want to burn out and lose enthusiasm for the game.

Preview of how the next section, People & Planets, will work; pages will be organised by planet rather than character, with most worlds getting two pages for stats and encounter ideas (though some like Mandalore and Mon Cala might take up three or even four):

0WPvcLU.jpg TDZPiLC.jpg

Edited by Kualan
On 10/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Maul: I know it wasn't in the official stats, but could you add an attack for his legs? If your policy is to never tweak official stats at all, then I understand.

Other than that (and the pathetically low damage on the nightbrother weapons [not your fault]) it looks fine! But this isn't my area of expertise, so i may have missed something.

Thanks!

Sure, I'll add a leg attack for Maul - I'm okay with tweaking the official stats slightly (as per the disclaimer on the first page of the PDF), such as giving Obi-Wan Leadership and Anakin Mechanics.

I agree about the Nightbrother weapons - that was very noticeable, I'm half-expecting the devs to confirm that was an oversight.

2 hours ago, bblaney001 said:

Some suggestions, if you may.

These guys?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sun_Guard

They were mentioned in Collapse of the Republic alongside a bunch of other mercenary groups and pirate crews. I feel like I've seen Sun Guards statted up by someone already though - I'll see if I can find it again for you (or figure out if I'm hallucinating it).

The file size of this document is getting huge. Have you thought about using Indesign instead of Photoshop? I know it's a lot of work but 430mb is about 370mb bigger than most books.

17 minutes ago, Eoen said:

The file size of this document is getting huge. Have you thought about using Indesign instead of Photoshop? I know it's a lot of work but 430mb is about 370mb bigger than most books.

Thanks for the advice. The truth is I'm not familiar with Indesign at all, whereas I've been using Photoshop for years and years. The second PDF link (the "lower res" version) is what most people should use if all they need is to have it up on a laptop screen or are not concerned about printing it in a super high-level of detail. It's standard PDF quality. When the project is done I'm expecting this version to come in at under 100mb.

The higher resolution file (where no downscaling has been applied during PDF compilation) is purely for anyone who might want to do a high-quality printout of the pages, hence the inflated file size.

That said, maybe I should rename the lower res one to the "standard" version or something similar, since "lower res" tends to imply "low quality" which shouldn't really be the case.

Edited by Kualan

@Kualan Can photoshop output text as a vector?I know it can save files as pdf. (Yes it can I just tested it, at least on my version CC 2019.) I think that might bring down the file size.

Edited by Eoen
4 hours ago, Eoen said:

@Kualan Can photoshop output text as a vector?I know it can save files as pdf. (Yes it can I just tested it, at least on my version CC 2019.) I think that might bring down the file size.

I'll look into it, but probably once I have the project complete. Makes more sense to optimise at the end with batch actions, etc. Thanks for the suggestion.

So, I took the liberty of scouring all the way through Wookieepedia's list of Clone Wars episodes and cross referenced with the books we have to get a list of vehicles that have not been statted up as of now.

Airspeeders

Buirk'alor-class speeder
ComfortRide passenger airspeeder
DC0052 speeder
Jedi shuttle bus
Naboo scout carrier
Praxis Mk. I turbo speeder
RGC-16 airspeeder
XJ-2 airspeeder

Artillery
AV-7 Antivehicle Cannon
LR1K sonic cannon
J-1 semi-autonomous proton cannon

Capital Ships
IPV-2C Stealth Corvette
Rainhawk-class transport
Recusant-class Commerce Guild destroyer
Corona-class armed frigate
Weequay Pirate Ship The Marauder
DH-Omni Support Vessel
Diamond-Class Cruiser
Hardcell-Class Interstellar Transport

Freighter
Goji-DF Turtle Tanker Transport/Walker
GS-100 salvage ship
HCT-2001 Dragonboat-class Reugeot 905 freighter

Gunship
LAAT/le gunship - 'Police' Gunship
Sarisa-class gunship
Shekelesh-class freight gunship

Shuttle
H-2 executive shuttle
Maxillipede shuttle
Nu-class transport
Sheathipede-class Type B Cargo shuttle

Speeder Bike / Swoop
Balutar-class swoop
Combat Speeder (used by Grevious in "A Necessary Bond")
Flitknot Speeder Bike
'Nightsister Speeder' - Ubrikkian speeder
Viper Speeder Bike

Starfighter
BTL-B Y-wing fighter-bomber
Flarestar-class attack shuttle
Ginivex-class fanblade starfighter
Kom'rk-class fighter
N-1 starfighter
Nantex-class territorial defense starfighter
Rogue-class starfighter
Yoda's Custom Jedi Starfighter
Zenuas 33 Umbaran starfighter

Station
Automated vulture droid deployment station
Core Ship / Battlesphere
Haven-class medical station
Ubrikkian Floating Fortress

Submersible
KE-UW33 Submersible
One Man Submersible Devilfish
Underwater Turbo Sled Pike

Tank
Defoliator Deployment Tank
Super Tank
Umbaran hover tank

Transport
Taylander shuttle
XT Beetle Transport
Coronet Class Luxury Starliner

Utility Vehicle
TUG-314

Walker

Umbaran Impeding Assault Tank
Umbaran Mobile Heavy Cannon
All Terrain Open Transport (AT-OT)

Legendary Vehicle

Jango Fett's/Boba Fett's Slave I

Edited by Ebak
Updated to include P-47s list

The Weequay pirate ship is more specifically classified as a pirate warship, per the episode guide for "Nomad Droids."

Also, Skytop Station isn't a standard Core Ship/battlesphere, despite what a Wookieepedia says, and has been heavily modified into a listening post. A battlesphere is just an armed Core Ship.

@Kualan What typeface are you using for the dice and other symbols or more precisely how are you getting the black outline around the symbols?

Question: Not sure how much you are sticking to canon, but is it worth adding Rahm Kota and his militia to the document?

Edited by Ebak
8 hours ago, Ebak said:

So, I took the liberty of scouring all the way through Wookieepedia's list of Clone Wars episodes and cross referenced with the books we have to get a list of vehicles that have not been statted up as of now.

Thanks very much, list saved for future reference.

5 hours ago, Eoen said:

@Kualan What typeface are you using for the dice and other symbols or more precisely how are you getting the black outline around the symbols?

I use the standard SWRPG font that is floating around the forum somewhere (I think there is a link in the style guide in the OP). I recently posted in the Genesys forum how I achieve the outline effect so I'll just copy and paste that here:

1. Write up the normal text layer with the symbols used.

2. Duplicate this layer.

3. On the duplicated layer, use Blending Options to add "Stroke" to outline all of the text (this will outline both the symbols and the normal text initially). Experiment with what feels right for your project, but usually no more than a couple of pixels thickness and some slight opacity is needed.

4. Right-click the duplicated layer and 'Rasterize Type'. Make sure you are happy with the text before doing this as you won't be able to edit it once this is done (though you will always have the original text layer to duplicate again if needs be).

5. Once Rasterized, use the Magic Wand tool to select the green/yellow/etc parts of the dice symbols.

6. Once selected, right click on one of the selected sections and click 'Select Inverse'. This will select everything except the dice symbols.

7. Click delete and voila! It will remove all the outlines on the normal text EXCEPT those on the dice symbols.

It seems a little convoluted the first time, but after a few times you'll be able to have this done in ten seconds.

5 hours ago, Ebak said:

Question: Not sure how much you are sticking to canon, but is it worth adding Rahm Kota and his militia to the document?

I did consider Kota since I'm not opposed to putting in the occasional Legends character (e.g. K'Kruhk, Tholme, etc) but ending up ruling him out since he's more closely associated with the Rebellion era than the Clone Wars (even though he was active in this time). Also, the generic Jedi General statblock seems to fit him quite well, I'm not sure he would need anything different in this era.

Fair enough...what about Delta Squad?

49 minutes ago, Ebak said:

Fair enough...what about Delta Squad?

They're the inspiration for the Clone Commando's Squad Role ability. So take the Clone Commando stats and add the respective skill ranks from Squad Role for each of the Deltas.

Progress continues on the "People And Planets" section. I've managed updates every weekend since starting this but this section is larger than the others so I won't have the full update today. I do have time off work this week though, so I don't expect there will be much of a longer wait. In the meantime a new preview:

2lSuef3.jpg BQuYEhq.jpg

Previously I've used the Zillo Beast stats published on D20Radio.com however I've decided to modify and beef this up a bit for my own version.

Edited by Kualan

Some of the NPCs you have very kindly made I will simply rename them.. thank you so much

EDIT: Thank you so much for those Rivals and Minions that can be shifted over to use in an Edge campaign

Edited by ExpandingUniverse

There's an unnecessary ' after Grans in the second paragraph of the Malastare write up. I'd suggest replacing it with the Gran Protectorate, which is the Gran political faction that governs their colonies.