[UPDATE 15/12/19] Heroes On Both Sides - An unofficial Clone Wars supplement feat. 300+ NPCs, new playable species and more!

By Kualan, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

17 hours ago, Ebak said:

Is it possible to have the templates for the tokens so we can create custom tokens that match those that are part of the pack?

I'll include a PSD file in the next pack!

16 hours ago, Brutusness said:

Just to add a little more context, other species tend to find these traits off putting, despite Phindians also having strong familial bonds and friendships.

If I find any more good info on Clone Wars species I'll let you know. Belugans are ones that may work.

One more thing I'll need for prospective species is decent art for them. Though if you just need stats I recommend one of the fan species books available around the forums.

3 hours ago, kalidor2000 said:

About the Jedi temple guard talents, what if we change bodyguard talents for "resist disarm" and "armor master"?

I'm open to the idea! What's your thought process behind those changes?

3 hours ago, Kualan said:

I'll include a PSD file in the next pack!

One more thing I'll need for prospective species is decent art for them. Though if you just need stats I recommend one of the fan species books available around the forums.

I'm open to the idea! What's your thought process behind those changes?

Well, i think It is a tradition back to the scourge of malachor, more about the ancient Jedi tradition that the modern. If you wear armour, then the secrets of the guard may allow you to use it properly (the only Jedi talent tree) and a temple guard Who lose his weapon does a bad job protecting the temple. I think It is a tree from the time of the wars against the sith ( use your armor and dont lose your sword or those guys with red blades are going to make a mess of you). Also, the cost in XP does not unbalance the tree

Edited by kalidor2000

@Kualan when Oggdude releases an updated generator that won't break the adversaries I've made, would you object to me sharing an import folder of all the adversaries and items found in Heroes on Both Sides?

3 minutes ago, Ebak said:

@Kualan when Oggdude releases an updated generator that won't break the adversaries I've made, would you object to me sharing an import folder of all the adversaries and items found in Heroes on Both Sides?

Not at all, go for it!

On 4/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, kalidor2000 said:

Well, i think It is a tradition back to the scourge of malachor, more about the ancient Jedi tradition that the modern. If you wear armour, then the secrets of the guard may allow you to use it properly (the only Jedi talent tree) and a temple guard Who lose his weapon does a bad job protecting the temple. I think It is a tree from the time of the wars against the sith ( use your armor and dont lose your sword or those guys with red blades are going to make a mess of you). Also, the cost in XP does not unbalance the tree

I shall consider your suggestions (thanks for making them) when I do a final review of the spec, but I have to admit I think it's in a good place at the minute.

Hi folks, hope this continues to finds you safe and well.

Here is the second of several Clone Wars-era token packs I intend to make available over the next week or so. They are based on NPC profiles available in "Rise of the Separatists", "Collapse of the Republic" and my "Heroes On Both Sides" fan sourcebook.

hgEKFUl.jpg

It includes 227 tokens in all, with the main focus of this pack being on the Mandalorian, Dathomir and Neutral factions. Also included are a large number non-descript civilian tokens for bulking out your random NPCs.

With this release I have also included a template PSD file for Photoshop that will allow you to make your own tokens in the same style. The suggested colour scheme is:

Teal - Player token

Red - Republic

Blue - Separatists

Orange - Scum and Villainy (incl. rogue Mandalorians)

Yellow - Neutral (civilians and non-aligned groups)

Green - Dathomir

Grey - Non-Aligned (i.e. beasts and creatures)

Google Drive: HERE
Dropbox: HERE

The next pack is going to feature a HUGE number of clone trooper tokens, with customizations for all the different regiments and individuals, etc.

As always, I don't claim any credit for the art, I just did the tedious part of tracking it all down and putting it into token format. Hope you enjoy, and happy gaming!

Excellent work to all of those involved with both the book and the tokens!

WOW! Those tokens are cool. Great work.

Gonna use some of these tokens for Imperial Assault too!

Weekend on lockdown proved to be productive:

Here is the third of the Clone Wars-era token packs I've been posting over the past few days. Unlike the previous two, this pack is based almost exclusively around the Grand Army of the Republic, containing tokens for hundreds of different clone trooper types across several regiments.

The 501st Legion 212th Attack Battalion and many more are represented in the pack, and the trooper categories are based on the NPC clone profiles in "Heroes On Both Sides" (e.g. "Clone Heavy Weapons Expert", "Clone Jet Trooper", etc).

It includes 325 tokens in all, Also included is a template PSD file for Photoshop that will allow you to make your own tokens in the same style. The file contains the suggested colour scheme (with bold being Nemesis and pale being Rival/Minion).

Links:

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12aA1ndC5cXWgPmebsEYSttvLKong9F9w

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkl6ct13cigyqbd/Clone Wars Tokens 3.zip?dl=0

I'm not done with the clone troopers just yet, but might take a break for a few days before the next pack, which will feature more of the units featured in the "Clone Regiments" section of "Heroes On Both Sides".

As always, I don't claim any credit for the art - the clone templates are based off a dedicated community who make these designs (I have included a readme file with their names), with some edits by myself to create unique trooper types.

Hope you enjoy, and happy gaming!

0kjavMF.jpg

Hi all, I hope this continues to finds you safe and well.

Here is the fourth of the Clone Wars-era token packs I've been posting over the past week or so. Like the others, this contains several hundred tokens to help you play online games in the Clone Wars time period.

It includes 263 tokens in all, focused around additional clone regiments and more neutral/planetary forces. Also included is a template PSD file for Photoshop that will allow you to make your own tokens in the same style. The file contains the suggested colour scheme (with bold being Nemesis and pale being Rival/Minion).

QVScaBz.jpg

Links:

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uSGEujHV7Rd4XGPxJtrYb4qHRtL82CWp

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkq7bstchjw8u9d/Clone Wars Tokens 4.zip?dl=0

As always, I don't claim any credit for the art. Hope you enjoy, and happy gaming!

Hi all, I hope this continues to finds you safe and well.

Here is the fifth and (I think) final pack of Clone Wars-era tokens I've been posting over the past week or two. Like the others, this contains several hundred tokens to help you play online games in the Clone Wars time period.

This pack has a large number of Droid Army customisation tokens, similar to the clone regiments that have been prominent in previous packs. It also rounds out the Neutrals with the remaining NPC profiles from my "Heroes On Both Sides" fan book, as well as throwing in some additional Republic, Jedi and Separatist characters.

UwuKqfs.jpg

It includes 275 tokens in all. Also included is a template PSD file for Photoshop that will allow you to make your own tokens in the same style. The file contains the suggested colour scheme (with bold being Nemesis and pale being Rival/Minion).

Links:

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Q7d9AJFCV-G_jv333Xzms3hpD-3q1_Y

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtm0b046qx57xmy/Clone Wars Tokens 5.zip?dl=0

This should be the final token pack for a while, though I certainly won't rule out making more for other eras in the future if people would get a use out of them.

As always, I don't claim any credit for the art. Hope you enjoy, and happy gaming!

Edited by Kualan

@Kualan how did you end up making the rings?

I ask because I want to make some tokens of my own for other factions. Empire, Rebel etc. However I don't want to use the existing rings and make new blue and red ones for them. However, I am not sure how to effectively create a ring in the similar style.

4 hours ago, Ebak said:

I ask because I want to make some tokens of my own for other factions. Empire, Rebel etc. However I don't want to use the existing rings and make new blue and red ones for them. However, I am not sure how to effectively create a ring in the similar style.

In 100% honesty, I can't remember as the originals for these go back years. If you want to make different variations though the easiest way would be to take the existing ones in the template file and just shift the hue/colour/saturation settings to whatever you prefer.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:19 PM, Ebak said:

There is an excellent program (and I think its free) called Token Tool that will allow you to use different rings, borders etc.

https://www.rptools.net/toolbox/token-tool/

Not to be a bother, but is there any word on the progress of the update?

I would love to see someone do a Legends era book, covering all the characters and items and things from the Original Expanded universe that is now called Legends. I would love to see stats on Jaina Sole and Jacen Solo and others and since it's not canon any more maybe someone's campaign ideas they have done for the game. I am a Big nut for the Novels for Star Wars.

That would be a fun community project.

Edited by rogue_09

Is this is a single unoffical book to download or is it in many parts ? Because this looks like something I'd love to add into my own Campaign that Im setting up.

NOTE: My game uses all three gamelineups, along with most, if not all, of the "unlocked" Sourcebooks {Dawn of Rebellion for example}

Edited by Ni Fang
2 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

Is this is a single unoffical book to download or is it in many parts ? Because this looks like something I'd love to add into my own Campaign that Im setting up.

NOTE: My game uses all three gamelineups, along with most, if not all, of the "unlocked" Sourcebooks {Dawn of Rebellion for example}

Pretty sure it's just a single download. There are two links in the first post, one for Dropbox and one for Google Drive.

33 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Pretty sure it's just a single download. There are two links in the first post, one for Dropbox and one for Google Drive.

Okie dokie, thankes!

Any new info about the coming update for this sourcebook?

On 5/25/2020 at 9:25 PM, Kaytarn said:

Not to be a bother, but is there any word on the progress of the update?

9 hours ago, AnonTheUnknown said:

Any new info about the coming update for this sourcebook?

I've taken a break from working on this for a while - better that than keep working and just burn out on the project completely. An update will come, but don't look for it in the immediate future.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, gilbur said:

I would love to see someone do a Legends era book, covering all the characters and items and things from the Original Expanded universe that is now called Legends. I would love to see stats on Jaina Sole and Jacen Solo and others and since it's not canon any more maybe someone's campaign ideas they have done for the game. I am a Big nut for the Novels for Star Wars.

Sounds like an interesting project, but not something I would take up I'm afraid. NJO-era and beyond just never interested me that much.

I understand I never read any of the njo stuff myself actually bypassed the whole series since they killed off chewie but read books way after there is 2 9-book series that I recommend as Jacen becomes a Sith Lord and runs the empire and then the fallout as we see see Jaina becomes the sword of the Jedi, she is awesome which they did the movies on some the legend characters instead of Kylo and Rey.

Just dropping both to say I haven't forgotten about this - after taking a break from SWRPG to play some D&D and other tabletop RPGs for the past month or two, I'm getting that familiar itch to return to a galaxy far far away. So I imagine I will look to get back to rounding off the next update relatively soon.

So, big news (which won't be a surprise to anyone who is on the community Discord server since I've mentioned this a few times there).

I've been working on a revamped version of Heroes On Both Sides, recreated from scratch using @the_dearth 's fantastic InDesign templates. This not only means I can recreate HoBS in a way that looks even closer to the official sourcebooks, it also means I have a much easier task when it comes to adding new content to the relevant sections in the future.

New adversaries added to the guide include A'Sharad Hett (from Legends) and Jaro Tapal (from Fallen Order) as well as new 'alternative' versions for existing characters, such as two versions of Asajj Ventress (before and after her defection from the Separatists). Content from Season 7 of the TV show will also be included, such as new Mandalorian characters and the Martez sisters/

Here's an example of some 'before and after' shots showing the revamped version of the guide compared to the old one:

img%5D aMhuc7O.jpg

qBlZTFB.jpg 80Tp1u9.jpg

So far I have completed the revamped versions of the Jedi, Republic, Separatist and Scum & Villainy sections. When the full thing is ready for release, I'll probably make a new thread for it since this was has gotten a little cluttered.

Edited by Kualan