PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

How are Minion groups treated in connection with Force powers? Do they count as one entity or as their component entities?

Would they get just one opposed roll against the Bind Mastery upgrade or one roll each?

(I might have already found out the answer, but I'm so tired these days that I've forgotten if so.)

13 hours ago, Bellona said:

How are Minion groups treated in connection with Force powers? Do they count as one entity or as their component entities?

Would they get just one opposed roll against the Bind Mastery upgrade or one roll each?

(I might have already found out the answer, but I'm so tired these days that I've forgotten if so.)

One sil+1 entity.

16 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Can we please get Ventress' IC post (attempted Bind on 4 PCs, but it only affects Ker'see and Camouflage)?

(Possibly with a response to Mireska's question.)

Chee'Okee's action was posted out of order (too early) in the IC thread, but that shouldn't affect anything; she resisted the Bind so she would have been able to act normally afterwards anyway.

I think you may want to narrate... I'm going to use the despair/triumph to disarm Mireska and would like to fluff it as an initially successful choke that causes Mireska to drop her saber as she grasps her throat before calming her self and resisting it. Ventress can say Assaj Ventress evily as Mireska is grasping her throat. I figured that you would want to describe Mireska's use of the force to fight off the attack.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:42 PM, MrTInce said:

Do I need to roll a crit?

Ker'see can inherit the CI that our GM originally rolled for Mireska (before we figured out that Mireska was not affected by the Bind):

Bind Mastery Crit on Mireska : 1d100+30 75

Hamstrung lose *free* maneuver until end of the encounter, can still take up to 2 maneuvers by spending strain.

(I figure that you'd prefer that over the Blinded one which Camouflage got.)

11 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I think you may want to narrate... I'm going to use the despair/triumph to disarm Mireska and would like to fluff it as an initially successful choke that causes Mireska to drop her saber as she grasps her throat before calming her self and resisting it. Ventress can say Assaj Ventress evily as Mireska is grasping her throat. I figured that you would want to describe Mireska's use of the force to fight off the attack.

Okay. I'm working on the IC post now.

@Bellona , Camouflage has his helmet on. I'll account for his critical injury on his turn.

Initiative Order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T (Jorin)
  • Mireska 8s4a (acted)
  • Ker'see 7s1a (acted)
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a (acted)
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a (Chee'Okee)
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (6) 2s1a
  • B2a(6)
  • B2b(6)
  • B2c(6)
  • B1 pilot droid
Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Initiative Order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T (Jorin)
  • Mireska 8s4a (acted)
  • Ker'see 7s1a (acted)
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a (acted)
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a (Chee'Okee)
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (6) 2s1a
  • B2a(6)
  • B2b(6)
  • B2c(6)
  • B1 pilot droid

Chee'Okee posted out of order on the IC thread, so that character's turn has already been taken (right after Ventress).

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Bellona , Camouflage has his helmet on. I'll account for his critical injury on his turn.

I'll adjust my IC post for Ventress.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:43 PM, SuperWookie said:

Lightsaber (Willpower) vs Ventress : 3eP+1eA+2eC+1eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 Despair
p--.png p-s.png p-s-a.png a--.png c-f-f.png c-d.png d--.png s-th.png s--.png

Used Sense Danger to remove two of the setback dice to attack. Also I have a free advantage that wasn't cancelled out, so the net result is 1 advantage, 1 failure, and 1 Despair.

I will spend the advantage to allow the next person to attack Ventress to get a Boost die.

EDIT: Difficulty to attack me should be upgraded due to Sense, so 1 challenge, 1 difficulty, and 3 setback dice.

1 Advantage gives +1 Boost to the next allied active character's check.

We haven't accounted yet for Chee'Okee's Despair.

Camouflage:
Incidental: The Harder They Fall : 2eP+2eA+2eC 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png a-s.png a-a.png c-f-th.png c-f-th.png
I'm going to assume I can use the results as per usual, so I'll suffer a Strain with the Threat and upgrade Varactyl Squad's next check with the Triumph.
Destiny flip, and it extends to Varactyl Squad and CMg(6).
Incidental: Guns Blazing (2 Strain)
Incidental: Clanker Killer 2 (2 Advantage)
Action: Shoot at B2a: Scrap 'em! : 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eC 1 success, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p--.png p-a.png a--.png b-s.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png
Boost from Chee'Okee: forgot a die : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png
Final result: 2s4a, FaB 2. 2 Advantage to hit a second time, 2 Advantage to pass a Boost to next (Varactyl Squad), 2 Advantage from FaB to give Varactyl Squad a Boost, 1 Advantage to recover 1 Strain.
24-Soak*2=12 and an autocrit, 19/42 downs two. 5/28.
2 Strain for Scrap 'Em!, which affects the clones and I'll ignore the last one since it doesn't matter.

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Move and cover to Short, within Short range of Camouflage.
Action: Shoot at B2a: Shooting at the B2s : 4eP+4eB+2eD 7 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png b--.png b--.png b-s-a.png b-a.png d-th.png d--.png
Dang it! Too many success, not enough Advantage.
16 with Pierce 1. So that's 12 wounds, for a total of 17/28, downing two. 3/14
With the Advantage, they'll hit B2b for another 12 wounds and an autocrit, for a total of 19/42, downing two. 5/28. Pass on a Boost with the remaining Advantage.

Poe:
Maneuver: Tactical Direction (CMg[6]) to provide a free Maneuver (move and cover to short, within Short range of Camouflage).
Action: Shoot at B2b: Shooting at the B2s : 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s.png a--.png b-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png
Oi vey. Passes on a Boost.

CMg(6):
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot at B2a: Shooting at the B2s : 3eP+2eA+4eB+2eD 5 successes, 9 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png b-s-a.png b-a.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png d--.png d-th.png

Okay, so that's 14 with Pierce 1. 12/14 and an autocrit puts it over the top. Then switches fire to B2b (5/28). 1 hit is 9 damage (14/28), 2 hits is 18 (23/28), and 3 is 27, putting it over the top and downing the group.
Then a hit on B2c for 9 wounds, eliminating one. 2/35
Pass on a Boost with the Advantage.

Now, I'm not complaining given that roll I just had, but if Poe had hit, they'd likely have downed an extra droid in that last group, putting their pool at YYY instead of YYYG.

B2c:
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Shoot at CMg(6): Shooting at the Clones : 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png d-f-f.png s-f.png

That's 12 damage-7=5, 2 Advantage triggers linked for another 5, and the Triumph crits for another 5. That's 15/30, killing two. Advantage for a Boost.

Pilot Battle Droid:
Maneuver: Draw pistol
Action: Shoot Jorin: Shooting at Jorin : 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a-s.png d-th.png d-f-th.png s--.png
Forgot a die: forgot a die : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png
Hits Jorin for 7 damage before soak.

And that brings us back to the top of the initiative order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T
  • Mireska 8s4a
  • Ker'see 7s1a
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (4)5w 2s1a
  • B2c(5)2w
  • B1 pilot droid

7-4=3 damage to Jorin..

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

We haven't accounted yet for Chee'Okee's Despair.

(Back on OOC p. 152.)

To keep it simple, I suggest that @SuperWookie / Chee'Okee's next check's Difficulty is upgraded once.

What's the ceiling of this building looking like? What features do we see?

41 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

What's the ceiling of this building looking like? What features do we see?

In general, it was described as being a hangar.

So ... high to the ceiling, probably plain architecture unless the B'omaar were really into decorating utilitarian spaces?

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

(Back on OOC p. 152.)

To keep it simple, I suggest that @SuperWookie / Chee'Okee's next check's Difficulty is upgraded once.

Sure.

I'll just attack and then take the 1 strain and incidental of Improved Center of being to reduce melee criticals against Chee'Okee until her next turn.

Lightsaber (Willpower) vs Ventress : 3eP+1eA+3eC+4eS 4 successes, 1 threat
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f.png s-th.png s--.png s--.png s--.png

Attacking, but not sure if it will damage? I will post after I know if it does damage or not. 12 damage (8 from lightsaber +4 successes)

Edited by SuperWookie

@EliasWindrider

Since you didn't mention it, should I assume that Ventress did not commit the 3 Force dice necessary to keep the Immobilised (no manoeuvres) effect of her Bind going beyond the end of her next turn?

Will she take the last NPC slot in the new (second) round, in order to get the most utility out of the Bind?

How many turns of preparation are necessary before the B1 pilot can take off? (It used its action in the first round to shoot Jorin.)

3 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

I'll just attack and then take the 1 strain and incidental of Improved Center of being to reduce melee criticals against Chee'Okee until her next turn.

p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png c-th.png c-f.png c-f.png s-th.png s--.png s--.png s--.png

Attacking, but not sure if it will damage? I will post after I know if it does damage or not. 12 damage (8 from lightsaber +4 successes)

It won't do damage because Ventress has Parry 10 and FR 5 for Peerless Interception.

50 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Assuming that Ventress did not commit the 3 Force dice necessary to keep Bind's immobilisation effect running longer than the end of her next turn, then her Peerless Interception is still running with FR 5 ...

Damage 12 - 17 (Parry 10+2 + Peerless Interception with FR 5) = less than 1 damage on Ventress.

If Ventress then activated the PI's Effortless Counter upgrade (1/round), then she would have returned 8 damage to Chee'Okee via Improved Parry, at the cost of 3 Strain.

This leaves Ventress at 0/20 WT, 9/21 ST, with Crippling Blow (+1 Strain when she moves, courtesy of Ker'see) and CI: Compromised (+1 Difficulty on all skill checks until the end of combat, courtesy of Ker'see).

ETA: Partially ninja'ed by our friendly fighter plane! :)

Edited by Bellona

Mireska can try to hit Ventress.

She could instead try to Heal both herself and @SuperWookie /Chee'Okee.

Or she can disengage from Ventress, move to @MrTInce /Ker'see (anywhere near @P-47 Thunderbolt /Camouflage?) and try to Heal both herself, Ker'see, and maybe Camouflage too (with the possibility of removing a CI and a Status from those healed).

(Any Heal attempt will be subject to the super-swingy Force dice.)

... Any preferences or suggestions?

Regardless of what else she chooses to do, Mireska does need to take her turn before the the first NPC slot, so that she can retrieve her lightsabre (an incidental for her because of the magnetic weapon tether) and keep going with Peerless Interception.

Edited by Bellona
Typo.
Just now, Bellona said:

Or she can disengage from Ventress, move to @MrTInce /Ker'see (anywhere near @P-47 Thunderbolt /Camouflage?) and try to Heal both herself, Ker'see, and maybe Camouflage too (with the possibility of removing a CI and a Status from those healed).

Neither character had moved since the start of the encounter, if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Since you didn't mention it, should I assume that Ventress did not commit the 3 Force dice necessary to keep the Immobilised (no manoeuvres) effect of her Bind going beyond the end of her next turn?

Will she take the last NPC slot in the new (second) round, in order to get the most utility out of the Bind?

How many turns of preparation are necessary before the B1 pilot can take off? (It used its action in the first round to shoot Jorin.)

Correct on not committing and taking the last npc slot next round.

My plan was to let @RuusMarev /Jorin fly out of the hanger while Ventress was occupied with you guys. So it's ready as soon as Jorin has dealt with the droid.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Correct on not committing and taking the last npc slot next round.

My plan was to let @RuusMarev /Jorin fly out of the hanger while Ventress was occupied with you guys. So it's ready as soon as Jorin has dealt with the droid.

Are there other starfighters the hangar?

Or other vehicles aside from the starfighter with the B1 pilot?

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Assuming that Ventress did not commit the 3 Force dice necessary to keep Bind's immobilisation effect running longer than the end of her next turn, then her Peerless Interception is still running with FR 5 ...

Damage 12 - 17 (Parry 10+2 + Peerless Interception with FR 5) = less than 1 damage on Ventress.

If Ventress then activated the PI's Effortless Counter upgrade (1/round), then she would have returned 8 damage to Chee'Okee via Improved Parry, at the cost of 3 Strain.

This leaves Ventress at 0/20 WT, 9/21 ST, with Crippling Blow (+1 Strain when she moves, courtesy of Ker'see) and CI: Compromised (+1 Difficulty on all skill checks until the end of combat, courtesy of Ker'see).

ETA: Partially ninja'ed by our friendly fighter plane! :)

Ventress used her one effortless counter per round on Mireska.... and she only takes 3 strain from the first parry, and 3 strain from the first reflect per round... since this is still the first round she won't be taking any more strain this round.