PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Okay, that mess out of the way, here're the results.

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Despair, FAB 2.

While this is technically a successful combat check targeting Ventress, it would certainly be against RAI to trigger Scrap 'Em!, so I won't.

With the Despair, Mireska takes a hit for 7+PB3+1=11 Stun Damage. After Reflect and Soak, that is reduced to 0. Mireska suffers 3 Strain for Reflect since this is the first time this round she's used it.

With 1 Advantage, he passes on a Boost to next. With FAB 2, he passes a Boost to Varactyl Squad.

Again, I apologize for my mistakes, I'm scatterbrained today. I'll post IC, then @MrTInce is up with Ker'see.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, that mess out of the way, here're the results.

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Despair, FAB 2.

While this is technically a successful combat check targeting Ventress, it would certainly be against RAI to trigger Scrap 'Em!, so I won't.

With the Despair, Mireska takes a hit for 7+PB3+1=11 Stun Damage. After Reflect and Soak, that is reduced to 0. Mireska suffers 3 Strain for Reflect since this is the first time this round she's used it.

With 1 Advantage, he passes on a Boost to next. With FAB 2, he passes a Boost to Varactyl Squad.

Again, I apologize for my mistakes, I'm scatterbrained today. I'll post IC, then @MrTInce is up with Ker'see.

So noted on SWSheets (and my dead tree copy). Mireska is now at 11/17 WT and 4/17 ST, plus Disoriented (+1 Setback) still for Rounds 3 and 4.

This is a heads up for the next 5 - 6 hours: I will be AFK due to RL.

Good luck, and please don't let Ventress either kill Mireska or steal her lightsabre again! :)

Okay, so if we are using stun Ker'see will drop her bow for incidental and quick draw the dragoon rifle. I don't benefit from boosts, which is annoying... Incidental to switch it to stun setting. Spend 2 strain to move to Short Range due to stun setting and will fire:

Stunning Ventress : 3eP+3eA+2eC+1eD+4eS+4eF 1 success, 3 threat, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.png p--.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png c-th-th.png c-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-f.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

So that's 12 stun damage coming at her, I will pump it 14 with those lightside pips.

Any objections?

4 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Okay, so if we are using stun Ker'see will drop her bow for incidental and quick draw the dragoon rifle. I don't benefit from boosts, which is annoying... Incidental to switch it to stun setting. Spend 2 strain to move to Short Range due to stun setting and will fire:

Stunning Ventress : 3eP+3eA+2eC+1eD+4eS+4eF 1 success, 3 threat, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.png p--.png p-s-s.png a-a.png a-a.png a-s-a.png c-th-th.png c-th.png d-th-th.png s-f.png s-f.png s-th.png s-f.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png

So that's 12 stun damage coming at her, I will pump it 14 with those lightside pips.

Any objections?

Nope, that's fine. She blocks the damage and with the 3 Threat, she'll get a Boost on her next check and Ker'see takes a Strain.

Action: Force Move, grabbing blasters. Opposed by Camouflage's Athletics, since he's got the best resistance: Disarming Smile : 5eP+2eC+2eD+5eF 2 successes, 1 Despair, 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png p-s.png p-a.png p-s.png c-f-th.png c-d.png d-f-th.png d--.png f-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png

Okay, so... That's 1 item, +4 for Magnitude, +4 for Magnitude. That's 9 weapons moved to Short range.

In theory, that means Camo's blasters (2), Mireska's lightsaber (3), Ker'see's lightsaber and blaster (5), and all of Varactyl Squad's blasters (9) have now been moved to Short range of their owners.

With the Despair, Varactyl Squad gets a free maneuver. They'll move to engaged range of their weapons.

Maneuver: Force Leap to Medium range: Force Jump : 5eF 5 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ds.png f-ls.png f-ls-ls.png

Successful, so leaps to the edge of the hangar, at Medium range from everyone.

I'm scatterbrained today and not an expert with the Force at the best of times, so I'll wait for confirmation before continuing. Did I do it right? Does anybody have a better idea for spending the Despair?

Initiative order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T (Mireska acted)
  • Mireska 8s4a (Camouflage acted)
  • Ker'see 7s1a (acted)
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a
  • Camouflage 4s3a (Chee'Okee or Jorin)
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Jorin 3s2a
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (4)5w 2s1a

@SuperWookie or @RuusMarev , one of you is up now.

I guess we could have Jorin make his exit..

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

I guess we could have Jorin make his exit..

Go ahead and narrate it, the ship takes 2 System Strain, but you get out of the hangar. Don't narrate yourself too far out, though.

I didn't get anybody telling me I did it wrong, so I'll move on:

Varactyl Squad:
Maneuver: Grab their deeces
Maneuver: Move farther forward to cover (short range from Ventress)

@SuperWookie , that leaves Chee'Okee. You're up. You've still got your lightsaber, but Ventress is at Medium range.

I have to drop ongoing commitments at the end of a turn, or can I do it at the beginning of the turn? If I can use my Force dice, I'd like to chuck some silhouette 2 debris at her. I'd need a lot of Force pips to do that, but I'd rather hurl something at her punk @$$ than try to lightsaber her.

1 minute ago, SuperWookie said:

I have to drop ongoing commitments at the end of a turn, or can I do it at the beginning of the turn? If I can use my Force dice, I'd like to chuck some silhouette 2 debris at her. I'd need a lot of Force pips to do that, but I'd rather hurl something at her punk @$$ than try to lightsaber her.

From FaD CRB page 282:

A character may end an ongoing effect at the end of any of his subsequent turns as an incidental.

That should mean you've got 2 Force dice remaining. To throw a chunk of sil 2 debris, you'd need 1 pip for the power, 1 pip for the range upgrade, and 1 pip for the Silhouette upgrade.

You'd also need to succeed at a Hard (upgraded thrice) ranged check (using Discipline) with 4 Setback in order to hit.

Then I don't have any Force dice available. One was committed to my Sense on myself and two on Jorin to buff him. If Jorin flew out of range, though, then I guess I do have those dice available? I can't commit if he isn't in range...

3 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Then I don't have any Force dice available. One was committed to my Sense on myself and two on Jorin to buff him. If Jorin flew out of range, though, then I guess I do have those dice available? I can't commit if he isn't in range...

You have the upgrade that requires you to only commit 1 Force die, so I'll allow that to apply retroactively. However, I'm not going to let you uncommit the die until the end of your turn. The idea is that if you commit it, you "lose" it until the end of your next turn, so you can't provide a bonus for "free."

So you have one Force die available. You could try and return someone's weapon to them?

Oh, someone lost their weapon(s)? I could do a move action for that. Since weapons are typically silhouette 0, I could use a good Force roll to return a few weapons. Would you let a single result affect a minion's group worth of weapons?

4 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

Oh, someone lost their weapon(s)? I could do a move action for that. Since weapons are typically silhouette 0, I could use a good Force roll to return a few weapons. Would you let a single result affect a minion's group worth of weapons?

No, a single weapon is a single weapon.

How is Ventress able to hit everyone at the same time then? There isn't any kind of an upgrade for a player to be able to do that, that I can see.

Move : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Not going to tap into the Dark Side just for a lightsaber. Going to drop the committed dice for Imbue at the end of her turn, but leave Sense active for her defense.

1 hour ago, SuperWookie said:

How is Ventress able to hit everyone at the same time then? There isn't any kind of an upgrade for a player to be able to do that, that I can see.

She triggered the Magnitude upgrade multiple times. With all four Magnitude upgrades, she's able to grab an additional four weapons each time she triggers it.

(deleted)

Edited by SuperWookie

Initiative order:

• Chee'Okee 4s2a1T
  • Mireska 8s4a
  • Ker'see 7s1a
  • Asajj Ventress 6s4a
  • Camouflage 4s3a
  • Varactyl Squad 3s3a
  • Poe 3s2a
  • Clone minion group (4)5w 2s1a

Varactyl Squad has already been resolved (Maneuver to pick up weapons, Maneuver to get to Short range/cover), so now it's Poe and the Clones.

Poe:
Maneuver: Move to Short
Action: Shoot at Ventress, stun setting: Shooting at Ventress : 2eP+1eA+2eC+1eD+4eS 4 failures, 2 threat
p-s.png p--.png a-s.png c-f-f.png c-th.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s--.png s-th.png s-f.png

Nope, and he adds a Boost to her next check.

CMg(4):
Maneuver: Move to Short
Action: Shoot at Ventress, stun setting: Shooting at Ventress : 3eP+2eC+1eD+4eS 1 success
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-s.png c-f.png c-th-th.png d-f.png s-f.png s--.png s--.png s--.png

Wow, that's shocking. But Ventress still deflects it easily.

That brings us to the top of the order.

@Bellona , Mireska's lightsaber is at Short range, still at Medium from Ventress.
@MrTInce , ditto for Ker'see's lightsaber and DR-45, though her bow is at her feet.

Would quick draw count for picking something up from the ground?

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Would quick draw count for picking something up from the ground?

No, I do not think so. It's related to drawing and stowing or preparing gear, and none of those apply, though they are similar.

We've not done much with The Duchess so can I use a maneuver to get her to attack?

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

We've not done much with The Duchess so can I use a maneuver to get her to attack?

Yes, but she'll have to take 2 Strain (wounds) for a second Maneuver to engage Ventress and still be able to attack.

Okay, let's do that. Ker'see, using a maneuver converted from an action and suffering a strain to use Improved Animal Bond , will direct The Duchess to attack using her maneuver to get close and then to attack.

Did Ventress lose her defense bonuses or was that something else?