PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Ker'see has purchased Force rating from the bottom row of the Hermit tree.

Knowledge Specialization (Warfare) 15XP, and Preemptive Avoidance 20 XP from Sage. Leaves her with 3 XP remaining.

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt :

I'd like to send a message to some of the inactive players (ShockHelix/Condor, AnomalousAuthor/Wraith, Vandarl/Tinari Wen, and Jhh3/Shin Ethan v. 2), in hope of them re-activating their characters if RL, etc. allows it. If the imminent FFG forum shutdown catches them by surprise, then they probably won't have an easy time of finding us again.

However, I thought that I'd better clear it with you first, since you're the new (main) GM. :)

Sure, go ahead. I'd suggest giving them either your Discord username or mine, that way they can reach out without a link expiring or anything.

@RuusMarev , that just leaves you. Interested in GMing this game on occasion? You're doing pretty well in Tales from the Fringe.

I think I might be able to... Let's see how the Tales goes... :D

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

6 XP.

I'm banking the 6 XP for Mireska.

She currently has 40 unspent XP now.

This is reflected in SWSheets, but not in the MediaFire PDFs (I only change the PDFs when I've spent XP).

Edited by Bellona

Will any of our future sessions involve our characters using the Mass Combat rules (lastest version in Collapse of the Republic )?

If yes, then it would probably be in our interests to have at least one Force Sensitive PC take the General spec from the Jedi career (also in CotR).

(Right now that particular spec is at the bottom of my long "immediate shopping list" for Mireska.)

There will be sessions where the Mass Combat rules could be used. Likely, they will be used.

But it isn't necessary for any PCs to go that route unless they want to, because it could be handled by Cody or another NPC.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Will any of our future sessions involve our characters using the Mass Combat rules (lastest version in Collapse of the Republic )?

If yes, then it would probably be in our interests to have at least one Force Sensitive PC take the General spec from the Jedi career (also in CotR).

(Right now that particular spec is at the bottom of my long "immediate shopping list" for Mireska.)

I was considering the General spec, since I already have Knowledge Specialization (Warfare)

14 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

I was considering the General spec, since I already have Knowledge Specialization (Warfare)

Just be aware that while the FR +1 talent can be reached without consequences, the Dedication talent is gated behind at least one Conflict talent.

21 minutes ago, SuperWookie said:

It's also worth noting that the skill used for Mass Combat is Leadership, and even if you had the talent allowing you to use Knowledge (Warfare) it wouldn't qualify for Knowledge Specialization because it isn't a Knowledge (Warfare) check, you simply upgrade the pool a number of times equal to the skill. So with Leadership 4 and a force strength of 2, you'd be rolling YYY, not YYGG.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It's also worth noting that the skill used for Mass Combat is Leadership, and even if you had the talent allowing you to use Knowledge (Warfare) it wouldn't qualify for Knowledge Specialization because it isn't a Knowledge (Warfare) check, you simply upgrade the pool a number of times equal to the skill. So with Leadership 4 and a force strength of 2, you'd be rolling YYY, not YYGG.

YYG, I have 2 ranks in Leadership currently.

1 minute ago, SuperWookie said:

YYG, I have 2 ranks in Leadership currently.

YY, actually. But I wasn't actually listing it in relation to your setup, just giving you an example.

Mass Combat isn't a skill check, exactly. It doesn't use a Characteristic, and it doesn't use a skill in the way of a skill check.

It takes Force Strength, giving a number of Ability or Difficulty dice. Then the leader upgrades their pool a number of times equal to a particular skill.

So your characteristic doesn't actually play a role.

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Mass Combat isn't a skill check, exactly. It doesn't use a Characteristic, and it doesn't use a skill in the way of a skill check.

It takes Force Strength , giving a number of Ability or Difficulty dice. Then the leader upgrades their pool a number of times equal to a particular skill.

So your characteristic doesn't actually play a role.

@SuperWookie "Force Strength" here does not refer to Force Rating, but to the strength of the available military forces. The upgrade comes from the Leadership skill ranks. The General tree has a talent which adds FR to normal Leadership checks, and another talent which adds it to Mass Combat checks.

You might also want to look into Chee'Okee obtaining the Battle Meditation power when the PCs are next back at the Temple. One control upgrade allows the telepathic transmission of simple orders, and another control upgrade allows the basic power and any range upgrades to use planetary scale ranges. The ability to communicate effectively with one's military forces (or at least the ship captains/unit leaders) is important during Mass Combat.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

@SuperWookie "Force Strength" here does not refer to Force Rating, but to the strength of the available military forces. The upgrade comes from the Leadership skill ranks. The General tree has a talent which adds FR to normal Leadership checks, and another talent which adds it to Mass Combat checks.

You might also want to look into Chee'Okee obtaining the Battle Meditation power when the PCs are next back at the Temple. One control upgrade allows the telepathic transmission of simple orders, and another control upgrade allows the basic power and any range upgrades to use planetary scale ranges. The ability to communicate effectively with one's military forces (or at least the ship captains/unit leaders) is important during Mass Combat.

Will take forever to get that far. Likely longer than we have left to play. After spending a bunch on Imbue I had buyer's remorse and would much rather have Battle Meditation for future characters.

1 minute ago, SuperWookie said:

Will take forever to get that far. Likely longer than we have left to play. After spending a bunch on Imbue I had buyer's remorse and would much rather have Battle Meditation for future characters.

I'm fine if you would like to rebuild Imbue for Battle Meditation. You're a new character, swapping out a couple Force powers isn't a problem for me.

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm fine if you would like to rebuild ...

Ditto from me.

EliasWindrider was allowing each of us to rebuild our characters after the first two planets visited/sessions played (in my case after the Petranaki Arena combat on Geonosis and then after Christophsis).

In my case it was particularly necessary, as Mireska is only my second personally-made character ever in this system, and then we lost the players of the duellist-focused Jedi and were about to face Ventress the Meatgrinder again.

By the way, I'm going to delete the battledroid stat blocks on the earlier pages of this thread (just in case some SW IP types check the threads after the forums are taken down).

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

By the way, I'm going to delete the battledroid stat blocks on the earlier pages of this thread (just in case some SW IP types check the threads after the forums are taken down).

While you're there, please snag the houseruled droideka stats. I'll make a channel for statblocks in the Discord server.

4 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

While you're there, please snag the houseruled droideka stats. I'll make a channel for statblocks in the Discord server.

I think that I've got them in a document somewhere ... I've already deleted the p. 20 stat blocks and am hunting down the last two which came earlier.

@EliasWindrider :

Any chance of you deleting the stat block quoted in your reply to my post roughly halfway down on Misc p. 20, please?

And ditto for the stat block posted in your reply to my post near the bottom on OOC p. 17?

Also, if you are so inclined too, you have a post with clone minion stats on Misc p. 5.

Just now, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider :

Any chance of you deleting the stat block quoted in your reply to my post roughly halfway down on Misc p. 20, please?

And ditto for the stat block posted in your reply to my post near the bottom on OOC p. 17?

Also, if you are so inclined too, you have a post with clone minion stats on Misc p. 5.

I really don't think it matters. There are official statblocks scattered all around the forum.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I really don't think it matters. There are official statblocks scattered all around the forum.

Just call it me playing it safe with posts connected directly to me. :)