Collapse of the Republic Spoilers

By kalidor2000, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

30 minutes ago, Drig said:

Anything interesting going on with those species?

The shark people are very similar in overall mechanical feel to the Nautolans.

3/2/1/2/2/2, 12+B, 10+W, 90XP, Athletics 1, Amphibious, Bite (B+1, Critical 3)

Just now, Daeglan said:

ETA Actis Stats?

Sil 3, Speed 6, Handling +2, Def 0/0, Armor 2, HTT 10, SST 8, CHP 1, medium lasers (Linked 1), light ion cannons (Linked 1)

Jedi Masters have some very strong defenses. The rightmost column has Center of Being, Center of Being, Center of Being (Improved), Forewarning, and Center of Being (Supreme). Ignore Forewarning for the moment, and look at the CoB chain. You can spend 1 Strain to increase the critical rating of all attacks against you (normally just melee, but ranged too with Supreme) by ranks of CoB (2 with just this spec). This is huge in saber duels.

6 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Jedi Masters have some very strong defenses. The rightmost column has Center of Being, Center of Being, Center of Being (Improved), Forewarning, and Center of Being (Supreme). Ignore Forewarning for the moment, and look at the CoB chain. You can spend 1 Strain to increase the critical rating of all attacks against you (normally just melee, but ranged too with Supreme) by ranks of CoB (2 with just this spec). This is huge in saber duels.

What does the rest of the Tree look like? What does the General tree look like?

2 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Yeah, there are guys that like to graphically show entire trees. I'm not one of those guys because I'm a bit too lazy for all that work.

Lots of unique talents in Master including some for Strain Recovery and one that allows spending 2 Destiny on a Test.

General has a collection of familiar Leadership-based talents along with some new buddy buffs and a pair of Conflict talents.

Check out the reddit thread on r/swrpg for pics of the trees

There is no talent of Force power in the Nightsister tree that would explain the ability to turn into intangible phantoms.

The NPC Nightsister's blade does Damage 3. I'm hoping this is supposed to be Damage 5 (Brawn + 3), because otherwise Soak is going to make those blades nearly useless.

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

There is no talent of Force power in the Nightsister tree that would explain the ability to turn into intangible phantoms.

Pretty sure 80-90% of what Mother Talzn does falls into "A Wizard did it!" territory...

12 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

The NPC Nightsister's blade does Damage 3. I'm hoping this is supposed to be Damage 5 (Brawn + 3), because otherwise Soak is going to make those blades nearly useless.

Yeah, since the Duskblade in the gear section is +3, I'm going to assume that I should be adding the Brawn and not having the plus or simply having damage as 5 might be just a typo or an oversight

edit: even though Duskblade and the enchanted blade are clearly different weapons

Edited by Kaldalis
16 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Pretty sure 80-90% of what Mother Talzn does falls into "A Wizard did it!" territory...

All Force Powers fall into that category until they get written down. Talzin does have an intangibility ability for herself, but no indication that she can bestow it upon others.

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Important note: General only has Parry 1 and Reflect 1 while Master lacks both talents entirely (so get them from Padawan & Knight).

How does Anakin chosen one ability works?

Jedi Master Tree,

Requirements: FR3

Skills : Charm, Knowledge (Core Worlds, Education), Perception

image.png.c3947acbe79139a11b0ebe5b4420652c.png

This tree is amazing. It literally breaks all the game rules.

Flows Through All Things: maneuver, recover strain = FR

Master of the Order: Can spend 2 destiny pts per round instead of 1.

Powerful Ally: Can use a base force power you don't know, or 1 control upgrade of a power you do know for 1 destiny pt.

There is No Try: Spend 1 destiny pt to automatically pass a check with 1 success.

Bound Together: Maneuver, when character or ally within short range suffer strain, reduce that by # of LS destiny pts in the pool.

Edited by masterstrider

Death Watch Warrior has a 25XP talent called Momentum. It allows the character to do additional Damage on the first hit of a melee (note lowercase "m" so it can any of Brawl, Lightsaber, or Melee) equal to range bands moved during current round. Combined with the jetpack rules, a Fly/Drive maneuver says it can cover "any number of personal scale range bands" in one maneuver. So...

The character can Fly/Drive in from Extreme to Engaged (Extreme-Long-Medium-Short-Engaged) thus moving 4 bands and getting +4 Damage. Not bad, but not awesome either.

The character could also Fly/Drive from Short out to Extreme then back into Engaged (Short-Medium-Long-Extreme-Long-Medium-Short-Engaged) thus moving 7 bands and getting +7 Damaged. Ouch! But wait...

The character can, by RAW, zig-zag "any number" of times covering "any number" of range bands with one Fly/Drive and thus inflicting + Damage!

52 minutes ago, masterstrider said:

Jedi Master Tree,

Requirements: FR3

Skills : Charm, Knowledge (Core Worlds, Education), Perception

image.png.c3947acbe79139a11b0ebe5b4420652c.png

This tree is amazing. It literally breaks all the game rules.

Flows Through All Things: maneuver, recover strain = FR

Master of the Order: Can spend 2 destiny pts per round instead of 1.

Powerful Ally: Can use a base force power you don't know, or 1 control upgrade of a power you do know for 1 destiny pt.

There is No Try: Spend 1 destiny pt to automatically pass a check with 1 success.

Bound Together: Maneuver, when character or ally within short range suffer strain, reduce that by # of LS destiny pts in the pool.

Niiiiiice. I particularly like that "There is no try".

I find it interesting that, to my knowledge, this is the first talent tree where Dedication is not listed in the bottom tier.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
53 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I find it interesting that, to my knowledge, this is the first talent tree where Dedication is not listed in the bottom tier.

It is actually an ally passes with one success.

How powerful is the Chosen One? My players have been asking about turning our current Dark Times/Dawn of the Rebellion campaign into a "What If" scenario. One of those is "What if Anakin killed Obi-Wan on Mustaphar."

12 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

It is actually an ally passes with one success.

Still.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Take a look at EotE Gambler. lol

It's on the second row

Anyone willing to post the specs to the jetpacks and any new rules for their use?

ARC-170 lists "one dorsal and one ventral aft-mounted light laser cannon" which implies two separate weapons, yet if that is the case, they should not (both) have Linked 1. It likely should have been "two aft-mounted light laser cannons" with Linked 1 unless they intended that the gunner could fire one and the (PC) astromech could fire the other (and even then, these would be single-barrelled weapons that should not have Linked 1). Then the proton torpedoes are listed as two launchers without Linked 1 and only having Limited Ammo 3, which suggests these are two separate weapons (allowing constant firing by alternating between launchers d/t Slow-Firing). Either way, the way the weapons are listed could really stand to be cleaned-up.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Still.

It is awesome.

For the AT-AP, do they really intend for the forward-mounted heavy mass driver to use personal scale? That seems weird for a weapon with Damage 8 and Breach 4. It's also the "main gun" on this Sil 3 vehicle which mounts a secondary medium laser cannon and a tertiary heavy repeating blaster. Surely this is a mistake.

Does anyone have a link to see the images of the new trees?