Collapse of the Republic Spoilers

By kalidor2000, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

21 hours ago, BannerGuard said:

What are the stats for the Dorsal turret-mounted rapid-fire rotary laser cannon; Dorsal turret-mounted heavy laser cannon on the juggernaut.

7, 3, Short, Auto, Breach 1, Vicious 1

Heavy Laser uses normal numbers for a heavy laser.

Stats for the GALAAR-15? Including rarity and maybe anything special in the long text?

Plus price if you don't mind.

Edited by Cassian Ordo

Does anybody have a copy of the career trees and species stats from this book?

On 7/23/2019 at 4:05 PM, CuriousEwok said:

Read this thread.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:05 PM, CuriousEwok said:

On 7/16/2019 at 5:48 PM, Cassian Ordo said:

Stats for the GALAAR-15? Including rarity and maybe anything special in the long text?

Plus price if you don't mind.

Ranged heavy, 9 dam, 2 crit, range long, encum 4, hp 4, $1,100... rare 7, accurate 1, stun setting.

There isn't any bonus listed in the text, but it states that they weren't meant for export, but it dose turn up on the black-market frequently, given their popularity with bounty hunters and mercenaries, Arms Dealers sell them at a premium.

7 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Ranged heavy, 9 dam, 2 crit, range long, encum 4, hp 4, $1,100... rare 7, accurate 1, stun setting.

There isn't any bonus listed in the text, but it states that they weren't meant for export, but it dose turn up on the black-market frequently, given their popularity with bounty hunters and mercenaries, Arms Dealers sell them at a premium.

Dc15a is probably the best carbine in the game.

EliasWindrider

Thanks for the career sheet link. :) Could I have the species stats too please? I can't find them in this thread.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:59 AM, Kaldalis said:

Only new Lightsaber attachments are Christophsis crystals and Catastrophic failure modification

What does Catastrophic Failure do?

10 minutes ago, CuriousEwok said:

EliasWindrider

Thanks for the career sheet link. :) Could I have the species stats too please? I can't find them in this thread.

What does Catastrophic Failure do?

It causes your lightsaber to explode.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It causes your lightsaber to explode.

On purpose? 😕 Or like if you mess up when building it?

3 hours ago, CuriousEwok said:

On purpose

19 hours ago, CuriousEwok said:

15 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

On purpose

As Elias said, it's on purpose. It's intended as a "last resort" and causes 20 damage with Breach 1 and Vicious 4 to all characters and objects within short range. The lightsaber is destroyed in the process, but not the crystal. Basically, you're turning your lightsaber into a bomb.

It is worth mentioned that it does state "The Lightsaber no longer functions as normal" and mentions that the explosion trigger is when it is activated. So you've turned your lightsaber into a grenade/bomb.

Can anyone comment on if the mass combat rules are the same as we've seen in Lead By Example? In RotS there were some changes to squad/ron rules and I'm just curious if there's been any changes to mass combat, too.

After some deliberation, the decision has been made to run a Golden Age of the Republic campaign at our tabletop group. I'm thinking the campaign will start around 40 BBY and include threats such as...

1.) Mandalorian Civil War (really tried to shoe in a kotor mandalorian war campaign but it was to much work. decided upon the mando civil at).

2.) Pirates - Going to use the Veiled Society in this era and the pirate queen.

3.) Early Trade Federation interests - B-1 Droids & Droidekas along with vulture droids and AAT tanks.

4.) Other criminal groups -Hutts/Black Sun.

-Jango Fett will be a main antagonist along with Darth Plagieus. With the hope of one of the PCs becoming the new clone template for the clones. :).

Cannon will be broken in the campaign.

The PCs will mostly likely play a special peace keeping task force developed by the senate to help the jedi. (I own AoR and one of the players has F&D).

OR

The campaign will be taking place between Episode 1-2 with Maul being a main antagonists instead of Jango.

Question: I've decided to invest in either Rise of the Separatists or Collapse of the Republic. I'm leaning towards RoS. BUT am not 100% sure. For this campaign above, does RoS or CoR seem like the better investment?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Sincereagape said:

After some deliberation, the decision has been made to run a Golden Age of the Republic campaign at our tabletop group. I'm thinking the campaign will start around 40 BBY and include threats such as...

1.) Mandalorian Civil War (really tried to shoe in a kotor mandalorian war campaign but it was to much work. decided upon the mando civil at).

2.) Pirates - Going to use the Veiled Society in this era and the pirate queen.

3.) Early Trade Federation interests - B-1 Droids & Droidekas along with vulture droids and AAT tanks.

4.) Other criminal groups -Hutts/Black Sun.

-Jango Fett will be a main antagonist along with Darth Plagieus. With the hope of one of the PCs becoming the new clone template for the clones. :).

Cannon will be broken in the campaign.

The PCs will mostly likely play a special peace keeping task force developed by the senate to help the jedi. (I own AoR and one of the players has F&D).

OR

The campaign will be taking place between Episode 1-2 with Maul being a main antagonists instead of Jango.

Question: I've decided to invest in either Rise of the Separatists or Collapse of the Republic. I'm leaning towards RoS. BUT am not 100% sure. For this campaign above, does RoS or CoR seem like the better investment?

Thanks.

Thats tough. Because your 2 ideas would really benefit from both. But collapse has most the npc stats you need. But rise has the jedi career beginning stuff. Jango is in neither. I think he might benin allies and adv. . The book is over there and takes effort to go look. ;)

5 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Thats tough. Because your 2 ideas would really benefit from both. But collapse has most the npc stats you need. But rise has the jedi career beginning stuff. Jango is in neither. I think he might benin allies and adv. . The book is over there and takes effort to go look. ;)

Which book as the Vulture droids, Trade Federation Trooper Carriers, Trade Federation Capitol Ships, Landing Crafts and the ATT battle tank? I'm mainly looking for the stats for vehicles in TPM at this point. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Sincereagape said:

Which book as the Vulture droids, Trade Federation Trooper Carriers, Trade Federation Capitol Ships, Landing Crafts and the ATT battle tank? I'm mainly looking for the stats for vehicles in TPM at this point. Thanks!

Split between the 2

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

Split between the 2

Of course it would be. :(

12 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Of course it would be. :(

Maybe go collapse and get the adversary deck that is out?

16 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Maybe go collapse and get the adversary deck that is out?

Cool. Which stats Trade Federation stats does Collapse have? I ask because our family is tight on cash at the moment and I can only afford one of the books. Thanks @Daeglan

it has the STAP. The mando stuff is in collapse.

Most of the Trade Federation Stuff is in Rise. tanks landing craft shuttle MTT. No STAP

So it really depends on which game you wanna do. The Lucrehulk is in Rise. But it is also in the ACES book as i recall.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:04 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

As Elias said, it's on purpose. It's intended as a "last resort" and causes 20 damage with Breach 1 and Vicious 4 to all characters and objects within short range. The lightsaber is destroyed in the process, but not the crystal. Basically, you're turning your lightsaber into a bomb.

Yeah that's the exact stats of a thermal detonator. Can confirm off the top of my head, thermal detonators hold a special nostalgic place in my heart (used them once in a campaign and it narratively changed the course of that game forever).

On 6/30/2019 at 12:15 AM, StriderZessei said:

Holy crap these new weapon attachments. Now my Gunslinger can finally dual wield Linked Nova Vipers!

They are very powerful indeed. The Amplifying Chamber attachment makes the Spread Barrel and Beam Splitter attachments completely redundant.

As well as any grenade launchers.

Edited by Rogues Rule
On 8/7/2019 at 6:51 PM, Sincereagape said:

Rise would be more suitable for your campaign idea in my opinion. Rise has enough regular Droid stuff, and it has more career stuff focused on regular Jedi, as opposed to Collapse which is focused on War Jedi.