Collapse of the Republic Spoilers

By kalidor2000, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

Seeker- Harch - Hermit?

So that Clone Soldier signature ability is crazy powerful. Ultimately, scaling up to spend 1 Destiny point to assist as an incidental, providing a Triumph and removing a Setback.

Pair that with the Clone Pilot spec, which gives you two direct runs to the pertinent talent nodes....

Our GM has said that, if my son doesn't take advantage of this with his Clone Trooper character in our newest campaign, he's a fool!

On 6/26/2019 at 5:06 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Niiiiiice. I particularly like that "There is no try".

I find it interesting that, to my knowledge, this is the first talent tree where Dedication is not listed in the bottom tier.

Gambler

Consular: niman-disciple/knight/master for the win!

38 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Consular: niman-disciple/knight/master for the win!

Armourer, Protector, Seer; FR5, Falling Avalanche, Reinforce Item (soak 12 lightsaber damage), Supreme Armour Master (reduce Crit by 90%), and with the right complement of force powers can literally own any situation. Parry/Reflect is far inferior when Reinforce Item exists. Try facing something with Linked 2/3 Lightsaber and tell me how your Parry Jedi goes. And falling avalanche is so friggin good when you have BR6. Adding 6 extra damage to a Damage 10, Crit 1, Ilum lightsaber just makes any combat redundant.

Edited by masterstrider

Using the clone signature ability to assist the commander on his Field commander roll to give him a Triumph, so then he gives everyone gets an extra action. For multiple rounds.

Ouch!

1 hour ago, masterstrider said:

Armourer, Protector, Seer; FR5, Falling Avalanche, Reinforce Item (soak 12 lightsaber damage), Supreme Armour Master (reduce Crit by 90%), and with the right complement of force powers can literally own any situation. Parry/Reflect is far inferior when Reinforce Item exists. Try facing something with Linked 2/3 Lightsaber and tell me how your Parry Jedi goes. And falling avalanche is so friggin good when you have BR6. Adding 6 extra damage to a Damage 10, Crit 1, Ilum lightsaber just makes any combat redundant.

FYI Against the build I stated that crit 1 becomes crit 4. (3 ranks of center of being) with sense and appropriate armor (i.e. armor inserts fully modded) your also facing a 2 red 4 black with your lightsaber attacks. Get a single rank of dodge as a scar talent to add a purple. Correction: Breach 2 isn't any better against cortosis

Edited by EliasWindrider

Anybody actually interested in getting back to spoiling stuff...please?.?.?

Just sayin... 🤔 😋

44 minutes ago, Jareth Valar said:

Anybody actually interested in getting back to spoiling stuff...please?.?.?

Just sayin... 🤔 😋

Any requests? I'm going to be up all night.

1 hour ago, damnkid3 said:

Using the clone signature ability to assist the commander on his Field commander roll to give him a Triumph, so then he gives everyone gets an extra action. For multiple rounds.

Ouch!

Improved Field Commander provides only one ally an action per Triumph. And the wording is vague on whether or not you can spend multiple triumphs for this ability, or if it's limited to one per roll.

Any new rule systems? Like phalanx rules? Did they cover order66 implementation?

The Short path to power side bar page 17, states a player may spend 30xp at character creation to purchase a rank of force rating talent, which is designed to let them play Knights, and General as their starting spec.

Which means that the starting skills in the Knight tree where not an editing error.

Edited by Eoen
2 minutes ago, Eoen said:

The Short path to power side bar page 17, states a player may spend 30xp at character creation to purchase a rank of force rating talent, which is designed to let them play Knights, and General as their starting spec.

Which means that the starting skills in the Knight tree where not an editing error.

No, not an error, but also not a standard rule. Allowing FR 2 for 30 Starting XP is very much an optional rule. GMs should not feel pressured by their players to allow it if they do not feel it is appropriate for their game.

3 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

No, not an error, but also not a standard rule. Allowing FR 2 for 30 Starting XP is very much an optional rule. GMs should not feel pressured by their players to allow it if they do not feel it is appropriate for their game.

Of course being a min/max'er I would take that then go Padawan for the quick path to force lightening. UNlimmmmaaatttted POWAH!

Edited by Eoen

Could I get Pelta stats?

10 minutes ago, Samuel Richard said:

Could I get Pelta stats?

Silhouette: 6

Speed: 3

Handling: +0

Defense: f 2 | s 2 | p 2 | a 1

Armor: 4

Hull Trauma: 65

System Strain: 55

Hull Type / Class: Frigate / Pelta-class.

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards.

Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2, Backup Class 16.

Navicomputer: Yes.

Sensor Range: Long.

Ship's Complement: 900 officers and enlisted crew

Starfighter Complement: one.

Encumbrance Capacity: Up to 6,000, depending on configuration

Passenger Capacity: Up to 300, depending on configuration.

Consumables: One month.

Price: (R) 7,250,000 credits / 6.

Customization Hard Points: 4.

Weapons:

Two forward-mounted twin light turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 9; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Breach 2, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1).

One port and one starboard twin heavy laser cannon (Fire Arc Port or Fire Arc Starboard; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Linked 1).

One dorsal turret-mounted twin heavy laser cannon (Fire Arc All Dorsal; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Linked 1).

One port and one starboard light tractor beam emitters (Fire Arc Port or Fire Arc Starboard; Damage -; Critical -; Range [Close]; Tractor 2)

One forward-mounted light tractor beam emitter (Fire Arc Forward; Damage -; Critical -; Range [Close]; Tractor 2)

Just now, Eoen said:

Silhouette: 6

Speed: 3

Handling: +0

Defense: f 2 | s 2 | p 2 | a 1

Armor: 4

Hull Trauma: 65

System Strain: 55

Hull Type / Class: Frigate / Pelta-class.

Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards.

Hyperdrive: Primary Class 2, Backup Class 16.

Navicomputer: Yes.

Sensor Range: Long.

Ship's Complement: 900 officers and enlisted crew

Starfighter Complement: one.

Encumbrance Capacity: Up to 6,000, depending on configuration

Passenger Capacity: Up to 300, depending on configuration.

Consumables: One month.

Price: (R) 7,250,000 credits / 6.

Customization Hard Points: 4.

Weapons:

Two forward-mounted twin light turbolaser batteries (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 9; Critical 3; Range [Medium]; Breach 2, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1).

One port and one starboard twin heavy laser cannon (Fire Arc Port or Fire Arc Starboard; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Linked 1).

One dorsal turret-mounted twin heavy laser cannon (Fire Arc All Dorsal; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Linked 1).

One port and one starboard light tractor beam emitters (Fire Arc Port or Fire Arc Starboard; Damage -; Critical -; Range [Close]; Tractor 2)

One forward-mounted light tractor beam emitter (Fire Arc Forward; Damage -; Critical -; Range [Close]; Tractor 2)

Thank you

I had missed that the Pelta only has one month of Consumables. That's truly pathetic for a ship of that size.

3 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Any requests? I'm going to be up all night.

Yup, posted a couple a page it so back but they got lost in the shuffle.

Jetpacks and any new rules wise with them and the STAP please

Edited by Jareth Valar
4 minutes ago, Jareth Valar said:

Yup, posted a couple a page it so back but they got lost in the shuffle.

Jetpacks and any new rules wise with them and the STAP please

There's a "Using Jetpacks" sidebar on page 59, but everything in it was in the preview article on the Death Watch, and it's basically just reminders of how vehicle combat range bands and Speed interact with personal range bands (i.e., poorly).

There are two jetpacks and both make a person a Sil 1 vehicle using Piloting (Planetary) to fly at Speed 2 with Handling 0 and they only work in atmospheres:

• JT-12C (clone jetpack): SST 4, Enc 2 (though it is described as being "bulky"), 4,750/7.
  • Z-6 (Mandalorian jetpack): SST 3, Enc 3, with a missile launcher (Ranged [Heavy]; Damage 15; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Blast 10, Breach 1, Inaccurate 1, Limited Ammo 1, Prepare 1), 5,250/7. [no cost listed to buy additional missiles]

STAP is a Sil 2, Speed 3, Handling 0, Defense 0/0, Armor 0, HTT 2, SST 3, 1 Hard Point, one-person speeder bike with light repeating blasters (personal scale) with Linked 1 costing 2,500/4 (yeah, the vehicle is practically free once the guns are considered).

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

I had missed that the Pelta only has one month of Consumables. That's truly pathetic for a ship of that size.

Maybe but it's not a exploration ship, it's a military transport and a month of consumables is plenty if you have a supply chain.

Did you notice the Acclamator has a 0.6 hyperdrive?

Edited by Eoen
Just now, Eoen said:

Maybe but it's not a exploration ship, it's a military transport and a month of consumables is plenty if you have a supply chain.

Did you notice the Acclamator has a .06 hyperdrive?

0.6, not .06.

How are the NPC stats looking? Any interesting special abilities for characters like Bane, Trench, etc?

1 hour ago, Kualan said:

How are the NPC stats looking? Any interesting special abilities for characters like Bane, Trench, etc?

Ahsoka and Maul are pretty standard. Anakin has already been discussed. Bane has a reroll ability to represent his planning, but it's nothing terribly exciting. Trench has an ability that let's him roll Deception when defeated to somehow miraculously survive by taking a Critical Injury and then faking his death. Savage is only FR 2, but he gets +2 FR when he's suffering from a Critical Injury. Talzin can turn intangible (and fly in that form) and craft poppet dolls to screw with enemies after obtaining a personal object of theirs. Nightsister NPCs can passively force anyone attacking them to reroll any setback dice that come up with blank faces. B1 Supervisor Droid can use "Coordinate and Confuse," which grants other droids an upgrade then Disorients them for the rest of the encounter.

OK, the night's about over and I need to get some sleep, but I'm sure somebody else will keep on spoiling during the daylight hours.