Reach of the Empire IC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

The Inquisitor quite annoyed with the Rebel and his overall attitude decides to try and choke him with the force, however it seems thet he was either strong willed or the Inquisitor was not focused enough to lift him with the Force. Either way it did not matter Drogos was angry that this petulant man was all he could get a hold of as prisoners, this one runt was going to feel his Fury one way or another. As quick as he could the Inquisitor pounces on the Rebel and grabs his throat, lifting him into the air as the man clenched at Drogos' forearm in an attempt to get him to stop. " I tire of your nonsense." He growls taking the face plate of his mask off so he could stare at the man with his own eyes. " You best pray for the Agent so that she there can recover the information, or I will take great pleasure in your agony." He slams the man into the closest wall " I will have what I seek! Understand." He said not caring for the answer the Rebel would give him but staring deeply with great menace.

Edited by Shlambate

The rebel struggles in the Inquisitor’s grip, eyes bulging, feebly grasping and kicking to no avail. When he is thrown into the wall, he slumps to the floor unconscious.

(I think the implied Strain of this encounter would take him beyond threshold, after Hale already exacted a heavy toll).

At the reveal of the head dark trooper, Den just about manages to hold back a low whistle, just about. "They didn't have anything like that when I was at the academy" he mutters as he watches the others set about their work. "Hey, you reckon if we wrap this up fast enough the bar will still be open? I left my cred-stick there for the tab, wasn't expecting to have to suit up today".

Seeing the rebel slump against the wall Briar thinks to herself Well, at least I don't have to carry him. Maybe this will make him less insolent next time. Turning towards the ladder the rebel had attempted to escape up, accepting Hale's volunteering to come with her, but declining his offer to go up first, Briar ascends the ladder to the hatch the rebel was attempting to escape through, she opens it with a little effort Not as hard to open as I expected. Pulling herself up Briar enters what appears a storage room for the resort, filled with resort uniforms and towels. "Well," she said turning back to Hale "Not what I expected. Looks like there's nothing else here. Shall we head back down?"

Hale scans the room, then shrugs. "Yeah... this is as far as any sort of 'trail' goes. They probably use this to... can't think of the right word... guess 'launder' is the closest I can get. 'Launder' their operatives into the resort, posing as employees. Tidy." Hale quickly climbs back down the ladder, descending much faster than Briar.

As Hale descends the ladder, Briar takes one last look around the room, opening an innocent looking panel Briar feels around inside and discovers an envelope, opening it she finds it filled with fake IDs and a credstick. Pocketing the envelope for further analysis Briar follows Hale down the ladder.

As the Death Trooper heads off, Evon noticies Somar's troubles with the elevator. He walks towards him and offers his help. ,,Lieutenant, I'm not a mechanic, but I might help you give some insight, if you need it!"

“C#€€@n&€r. L£<£\ @[r€k (\£@r...” The death trooper continues to report to the Commander through his encrypted vocoder, then the officer speaks up.

”This sublevel is clear. Get that lift fixed now, or we’re blowing it. Gotta keep working our way down, with or without it.”

On 10/20/2020 at 7:02 PM, Edgehawk said:

The rebel struggles in the Inquisitor’s grip, eyes bulging, feebly grasping and kicking to no avail. When he is thrown into the wall, he slumps to the floor unconscious.

(I think the implied Strain of this encounter would take him beyond threshold, after Hale already exacted a heavy toll).

"Pathetic." The inquisitor says as the man goes unconscious. Then Drogos heads for the door where there was a group gathering.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

“C#€€@n&€r. L£<£\ @[r€k (\£@r...” The death trooper continues to report to the Commander through his encrypted vocoder, then the officer speaks up.

”This sublevel is clear. Get that lift fixed now, or we’re blowing it. Gotta keep working our way down, with or without it.”

He turns to the Deathtrooper Commander. "Do your men have rope?" He stared his face plate still off, his eyes expecting an answer and fast.

"Thanks, Evon! Ok, you should see an exposed red wire? Touch that to the somoflange behind the access panel on '3'. One, two, three!"

A slight charge rushes through the lifts systems, just enough for the doors to release some pressure. With that, Ral and Evon are able to force them the rest of the way open and Somar emerges.

With Somar's exit of the lift the Inquisitor wasted no time. " It seems we will not need Rope yet, Into the lift we have more levels to scour through." He said looking first to the head Deathtrooper then headed straight for the Lift, " Into the Lift!"

Edited by Shlambate

Hale waves to the rest of Banshee squad and quickly moves to the lift, having already checked that the prisoners were securely restrained.

"This wasn't it?" Den queries as he follows the the others into the lift. "At this rate I'm going to lose my buzz entirely" he mutters under his breath, shouldering the illegal disruptor as he piles into the lift after the others. As they all cram in, Den leans in a little towards the leader of the death troopers. "So, what've you got to do to get into an outfit like the deathtroopers? That's what they call you lot, right? I think one of the guys I was with at the academy joined you lot".

Briar returns to the lift, hoping that the blast did not cause any unseen problems.

,,No problem Lieutenant. You did the heavy lifting..." With that Evon steps into the elevator waiting for the rest of the squad.

The lift makes some unsettling noises that it hadn’t before, but otherwise seems to operate as it should. That is, until it arrives at sublevel besh, and strikes the demolition charge that had been placed.

“BOOM!!” The detonation blasts a portion of the lift’s floor open, forcing some of the imperials to scrabble for purchase, to avoid plummeting into the void below. Blaster fire from the lift openings on level below immediately begins to patter around the opening, a few shots ricocheting around inside.

(Average Coordination or Athletics check to avoid falling through the opening in the lift’s floor. PCs have the option to use

Imperial Valor to have a minion take the fall for them, if they choose to, on a failed check).

“SktrSktrSktr... Be-doo-whurrrpp!” Temporarily deafened by the blast, when the pilot’s ears stop ringing, he swears he can hear the scuttling and scrabbling of tiny metallic appendages, the distinctive beeping and whirring of small droids everywhere. Even his eyes play tricks on him, but when they clear, he sees only the gaping hole in the lift and incoming fire.

Briar stumbles as the blast hits, she tries to avoid heading towards the new hole in the floor but fails to do so, only the intervention of one of the death troopers prevents her from falling down the lift shaft. Stumbling into the lift wall Briar looks around the death trooper is barely clinging on to the shattered edge of the hole. Moving back away from the hole Briar recognizes the sound of A280s coming from below she calculates the best angle to return fire from, even as she moves further away from the source of the blaster fire.

The SCAR trooper plummets through the hole in the lift’s floor, but almost immediately shoots out a cable, presumably to arrest his fall. As the closest target, and a large one, now blocking the others, the rebels open up with a withering fire. If the trooper does manage to catch himself from falling, he may wish he had just taken the plunge!

(ouch. 11dmg +avg.crit. “Overpowered” (immediate free 2nd attack); 9dmg +hard Crit “maimed” (pick a limb); dmg unmodified for soak.

@P-47 Thunderbolt ).

Balancing himself after the Lift was hit with what seemed to be an explosive the Inquisitor takes note of the situation, some men had fallen down the new hole in the floor, and there was no easy way for them all to get to the rebels as the Door for the lift had not opened. While he could make the jump potentially he knew that he would have no back up, instead he drew his lightsaber and ignited one end of the weapon and stuck it into the Door. " I will cut a path out, Recover any troopers who have not fallen to their deaths and prepare to breach." He said to everyone in the Lift, as he moved his Lightsaber it seemed this door was quite reinforced it would take some time to cut through it but his Lightsaber would eventually do the job, it was a matter of it was quick enough.

The death troopers still standing return fire, sending one of the rebels below plummeting down into the dark shaft.

The Banshees act without hesitation to assist their grievously injured squad leader, with Griff immediately crouching down, Slowdive and Backbeat behind him holding his harness to keep him from being yanked over himself.

”Fpeww.. FpewwFpeww..”

Together, they manage to get Hale back onto a secure section of flooring, but in the process, Griff is exposed and takes several direct hits to his body from the rebels below. Carbon scoring on the white laminate encircles holes punched clean through, highlighting the severity of the injuries, as the trooper collapses motionless.

Edited by Edgehawk

Evon barely regains himself after the blow, the Banshees already pulled up their leader. ,,Hawk, give me a hand, I take care of Hale, stabilize Griff!"

And without looking whether or not Griff gets medical attention he examines Hale and his severe wounds. ,,Hold on, Sergeant! We have plenty of rebel jaws that needs to be realigned! We need your expertise!"

Edited by Rimsen

“Mediiiic!” Through the haze of battle, and the faint lingering fog of alcohol, Luks realizes Backbeat is calling to him !

”Griff’s down!” Glancing over, it is clear that Doc has his hands full with Hale.

”FpewwFpeww!” Another round of incoming fire sends one of the death troopers reeling off balance, knocking into the Duros, and ricocheting off toward the gaping opening. There is nothing to do for the hapless Squamatan, and he emits a muted, encrypted scream as he disappears from sight.

As he falls through the gap, Hale slings out his whipcord. It snags on something, but he instantly feels a couple bolts rip into his left arm. It hangs uselessly at his side, and all he can feel is the pain. He grunts, trying to reel himself up before he takes more fire. He gets to the edge of the gaping hole in the bottom of the lift and three of his squad help pull him into the lift, but Griff takes a hit. "Mediic!"

Evon quickly moves over to Hale, "No not me, HIM!" Evon ignores Hale and quickly beings to work on his arm. "'fraid I won't be realigning any jaws for a while, Doc."

After some initial treatment, Evon injects a stimpack and Hale feels the pain begin to fade, though he still can't move his arm.

"I always did prefer to take the stairs." He starts checking his grenades and his pistol, prepping for a last stand as he doesn't like their chances at this point. "Doc, you got any more of those booster drugs? We may as well go out on a high!" he quips weakly.

,,Calm down, you still need a proper theatre to give back your arm. On the other hand..." - Evon looks away for a moment feeling guilty - "We should give them a taste of their own medicine..."

With that, Evon presents the Thermal Detonator he got from the Death Trooper earlier, suggesting Hale to take it and put a good use to it.