Reach of the Empire IC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Ral hopes the Inquisitor doesn't notice the beads of sweat trickling down the side of his face as he passes by. "I signed up to fly , not run around underground on some frakkin' bug hunt."

The rebel commandos remain watchful, looking from their commander, to the Inquisitor, to the death troopers. They seem uncertain if they are fighting the imps or joining them, but are ready to follow their Captain’s lead. Their fallen comrade has quieted, behind them, the doctors still working on him.

”Orders, sir?” the one nearest the officer queries quietly.

Edited by Edgehawk

Out in the hall, Luks approaches the motionless creature to utterly annihilate it, by any and every means at his disposal. To his horror, as he stomps down, it attacks reflexively, latching onto him. He feels a sharp sting as something squirms beneath the laminate greave on his left leg. The creature is unable to continue its attack, just a stimulated nerve firing an electrical impulse, but the damage is done.

It is a struggle for the sergeant to even stand, as he frantically hops around, trying to rip the thing from his useless leg, and he is not quiet about it.

(bite reflex like a dead snake, though it is not clear if the creature is quite dead. Den takes another 6 dmg, Pierce 3. Crit (Hard:Crippled) cripples the leg, rendering it mostly useless for now).

“My sister Jocinda is the genius when it comes to limb repair and replacement. Her clinic could have your men fixed up and ready to go in a matter of hours.” The doctor addresses the Inquisitor, now that her patient has been stabilized. “These men need medical attention, too. And as a Doctor, I cannot stress enough that these creatures must be contained, and eliminated.”

The death trooper Commander chimes in: ”Inquisitor. We have lost communications with our ship, but my men and weapons up there could prove useful, if a quick venture topside is advisable? Also, there should be maintenance vehicles for the lift shafts we might use.” The commander eyes the Squamatan doctor and the Inquisitor in turn. So she is the sister of Doctor Vos...

Hale addresses the rebels, "Show us every exit or crack where these things could slip out. Give us blueprints if you've got 'em. If we go topside, we'll need to be able to seal this off until we can address it."

The Inquisitor internalizes all the information that is coming his way, " If we cannot seal it we must exterminate them here and now. Your answer determines my course of action." The inquisitor joins Hale on questioning the Rebels and asking them for blueprints.

The Commander hesitates for only an instant, then speaks her mind. “Respectfully, Inquisitor, our men are falling apart. What is left of them.”

" There are worse things than death and dismemberment Commander, I will not be the one to fail to contain these beasts before they become a larger problem. If the threat can be contained I will entertain a tactical retreat. However if by retreating we simply let these things run amok it will make destroying them all the worse." The Inquisitor addresses the Commander " We do not need these things having a buffet of options outside, especially if they reproduce particularly quickly. The fact that these things were made under a resort where people would be mostly unarmed makes them all the worse and able to cause much havoc." Drogos says looking back to the Rebel, " Can we or can we not contain these things. I need an answer!" The inquisitor looked particularly angry more so than usual.

“Our astromech here has sealed the lower levels. There was a retractable plate separating the facility from the rest of the resort, which has now been welded in place. Should hold them, though perhaps not indefinitely.”

The rebel commander appears to consider, before speaking further.

”As a precaution, the entire planet should enter a state of quarantine. No flights in or out. Ground all ships.”

The Inquisitor takes the information in and then turns to his Squad, " We will take this time to refresh ourselves!" He announces to the admittedly beat up looking group. " Doctor, y ou will tend to the Stormtroopers along side Doctor Vos I want them in better condition than when we started this raid.' He says to Evon, then he turns to Ral, " My pilot, you will take to the skies and prevent anyone from leaving this planet. If anyone tries, shoot them down." He turns to the Commander, " As soon as you can contact the rest of the troopers I want this Planet on Lockdown." He turns to the Rebel " Do you have a quicker way up than the wrecked lift that your compatriots left us." It was clear The Inquisitor meant business from the orders he was flinging around.

Upon hearing the orders from Inquisitor Drogos, Somar clears the cobwebs from his head and snaps back into combat pilot mode.

"Yes, sir!" , he snaps, and starts to make his way back to the Phantom.

"Aaaah! The bleeder's bitten me, again! It's still alive" Den cries out with a howl as he slumps down against the corridor wall. "Something's in my foot, if I lose it I will butcher every one of these moronic rebels!" Drawing his pistil he fires most of the battery into the twitching corpse of the monster before throwing the weapon down at his side.

Looking up at the inquisitor, Den calls out as he tears his helmet off. "I used to hunt rodents on the Duros stations, you need fire, big stinking flamers that can get into the nooks and crannies of this cursed place. Sir, why are we keeping these rebels alive anyway? It's their fault, this whole mess! They could be trying to play us!" It seems that the troopers decorum had slipped more than a little with his current injuries.

If the mission were to kill them I would have not Parleyed with them.” The inquisitor turns to Den after his rant and looks the Duros straight in the eyes. “ Our mission was to gather important captives for the ISB. They are more than regular troopers.” He turns to the Rebels “ If however they betray us...” his face was deadly “I will be having great fun.. .” He smiles a sinister smile as he implies a threat of torture or worse.

Evon is not hesitating, immediately producing a solid sling for Hale's injured arm. He is barely done when hears the Duros screaming and thrashing, trying to shake loose the creature now attached to his leg.

Evon takes a step, then remembers the first time that parasite bit Luks, he wasn't particularly keel on first aid, but his leg looks worse now. ,,Sergeant, calm down, let me help you!"

Meanwhile the Inquisitor barks orders at everyone and Evon instantly snaps back into the military attitude.

,,Sergeant, sit down on your blue *** or I will sedate you then treat you as per my orders!"

,,Hawk, give me a hand please! - Evon pulls out 5 stimpacks from his medical kit. - ,,You are adept at first aid, please administer these for anyone needs some bacta."

Edited by Rimsen

It is a long climb up the shaft for the Inquisitor’s pilot, and when he arrives, the landing pads are in a state of mild chaos. The Zeta-class cargo shuttle is still smoking, from what looks very much like a proton torpedo strike. Various emergency response droids are extinguishing it and issuing orders to stand clear.

The task force’s shuttle, Stormcrow, is open, with the boarding ramp wrenched and hanging at an awkward angle. Inside, Stark, the shuttle pilot can be found in the cockpit, trying to get the electrical systems back online. “Long story, tell you later.” Frankly, the trooper seems a bit shaken. “Sir.” he adds belatedly.

On the other adjacent pad, Ral’s Phantom appears to be unmolested. Watercrest is already in a state of lockdown, with magnetic locking clamps in place on all vessels. His authority as an Imperial Officer is enough for him to release his fighter and perform a flying assessment of the area around the resort. The skies are clear, but it feels good to be back in the cockpit.

I am also Doctor Vos, like my sister Jocinda, but you can just call me Scindae, or Doc Vee.”

The Squamatan doctor assesses the fitness of the troopers from where she stands, having finished with her patient.

”His leg’s no good.. Make sure that thing is frakking dead, by the way, kill it with fire or something.. Kriffin’ crabs.” The woman suppresses a shudder.

”That arm won’t do down there, either. The resort has a top notch Physical Therapy Center up top, with powered exoskeletal limb supports. Could get your men back in the game, faster than healing or replacing them.”

“We have flame projectors and attachments in the weapons locker on our ship.” The Commander orders her two remaining Squamatan death troopers. “Retrieve them and return at once. Explosives, too. Whatever we have. The code is Cherek-Dorn-3-7-2-6.”

”And bring my team back with you. Comms aren’t working right down here.”

Edited by Edgehawk
Added last bit.

Ral strips out of his service uniform and packs it away. As he dons his flight suit and helmet, he lets out an audible sigh as he connects the hoses of his regulator to his helmet.

"That's more like it!"

He straps himself in to the crash harness and unconsciously goes through the flight check he has made hundreds of times before. At the same time, he flips the comm open.

"Spaceport Control, this is TI-4433. You are hereby instructed to release the docking clamps on my ship. All other vessels are to remain on indefinite lockdown. Any ship attempting to disembark will be fired upon on sight. Only myself and The Inquisitor may rescind these orders."

Den grunts something unintelligible under his breath as the inquisitor shuts down his concerns, but keeps his thoughts to himself for the time being. He goes to try and remove his boot, but decides against it. He's learnt from experience that if you see an injury, it makes it ten times worse, at least it feels that way. Looking away from his foot as he lets the doctor work, he talks in a hushed voice. "It's people like me who wind up dead first in these horror vids. Grunt, check, alien, check, the one already bit, check. Look, I've got a trauma kit in my pack, but if you can I'd like to keep the foot, I don't buy into the whole bionics thing".

As the rebels talk he raves his pistol in their direction from where he's slumped. "Just keep that doctor away from me or I'll show them my version of surgery! At best they're terrorists and at worst they're gonna have eggs bursting out of their chests later in the day. I've seen the vids, I know how this goes" Talking again to Evon again in a hushed voice he continues. "They probably made those things in a lab or something, it'd just be like rebels to try and weaponize something like this. You be best to keep an eye on that one. Just say the word and I'll 'watch' them trip down the elevator shaft".

Evon's only barely listens to the sergeant's ranting about the rebel doctor, the injury is serious and he is trying everything he can. He answers in a low voice: ,,Agreed. Something is fishy here and it's not the Squamatan Death Troopers. We are going to have a chat with that doctor, I'm sure of it."

He turns back to the leg, but realizes soon that the wound is worse than he thought.

,,Sergeant, now stay still, it's even worse than it looks like! I can't do much for it. If you want to keep the leg, you are in need of evac ASAP."

,,Sir - he comms the Inquisitor - Sergeant Luks is in no condition to keep up. We need to get him to a proper operating theatre now!"

“I have exxperiencce working with thesse zoidberganss, if you would like for me to demonsstrate my way of ssurgery, ssergeant. I’ve sseen thosse ssame horroflickss, and you’re not going to make it without that leg.”

The Squamatan doctor speaks to the Duros trooper, but does not approach too closely, as yet.

Den nods approvingly at Evon's suspicions, giving a dark chuckle before speaking. "Heh, a chat, is that what we call it these days when dealing with rebels?"

At their calls for evacuation Den waves a hand dismissively as he raises his voice a little so he can be heard. "If you're looking for feedback Doc, your bedside manner really sucks. Don't tell your patient it's worse than it looks if you don't want them to freak out! Anyway, don't be so soft. Get me one of those gurneys from the med bay and I'll shoot stuff from there. Mobile gun platform!" he declares with a proud smile. The trooper seems determined to remain in the fight against this scuttling enemy.

The (honestly reasonable) suggestion by the rebel surgeon earns them a pistol aimed at their head as Den looks up at them with a snarl. "You're not going to make it if you come near me. I'd rather lose the leg than have a rebel come anywhere near it with a scalpel, just stay way back!"

The doctor’s cranial ridge furrows with alarm, and she carefully withdraws as far from the wounded Duros as she possibly can, behind the rebel squad.

,,A " chat " , you know, me, Mr. Black and the doctor, over a caf." - Evon whispers back to Den. ,,And we are all out of caf."

He extends his arm around the Duros' shoulders - ,,Then get up, I'll help you move! We are gonna get close to each other, you and I." - taps Den's chestplate cheerfully - ,,My minor was psychiology, you can tell me, what's wrong with doctors!" - Evon added laughing out.

The Squamatan death troopers return below in a shaft-crawler, with the expected ordnance and supplies on a med sled, quickly claimed by Luks.

”C*€€^>#. ¥<€ r€> ¥*^ <~£...”

The death troopers communicate with their Commander via their encrypted vocoders.

”Inquisitor. I must leave you. Our ship has been attacked. My team has one down and four in critical care.”

With that, the Commander unexpectedly procures a thermal detonator, tosses it into the operating room, and strikes the button to close the secure door.

”There. Solved that rebel dilemma for you. Good luck. DT-S55, DT-S59, with me.”

The inquisitor facepalms as the Deathtrooper tosses the grenade into the room. “ I am surrounded by idiots.” He whispers to himself, not that he cared if the rebels would live but if the ISB wanted information he would have assumed the other imperials would care to not blow up prisoners. “ I will be meditating until the time of the second raid.” He says then makes his way out.