Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - Rules and OC Conversation

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So @LTD to clarify, there will be both Public Victory points and individual private ones? I.e. each faction might have its own personal objectives as well as the public ones?

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

I would like to propose a Sector first Contact treaty:

By signing this treaty your faction promises to have a non-violent first contact protocol with all other factions in the game, this means you will not make any unprovoked attacks, blockaids or Invasions. Your Defense forces will also not fire upon Intruders unless fired upon or the Intruders are in clear violation of a previous warning. In return you will receive the same treatment.

If you desire to go to war a formal Declaration of war must happen before any attack is made in order to meet the requirements of this treaty.

Violation of this treaty will result in boycotts by the other signers of the treaty and the other signers have permission to respond with deadly force against the violators.

Signed up:

@clontroper5 for the 5th sector Authority

@Matt3412 on behalf    of "The  Syndicate      " 

@GhostofNobodyInParticular on behalf       of the Governmental Ghosts of GINPia.

We also sign this treaty, but know any traitors will be dealt with accordingly...

The rules say:

WINNING THE GAME

A player wins when they have accumulated 10 victory points. Victory points may not be lost.

Each player will have a secret objective to complete worth 2 victory points.

In addition , each turn a public objective will be revealed, with a variable number of points.

The problem is I have distributed 8 of the 9 secret objectives, and can't work out who I missed. IF you do not have a secret objective somewhere on your spreadsheet, please PM me before you do your orders.

Here is a link to an example sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NOVD-9EK5zEAa1PdsdZvsa-QM8bHVyxYTHxR4uHU6fM/edit?usp=sharing

Please take a look. Each player will do these differently, and some of the old hands have already started modifying their sheets to suit their own way of working. This is fine - what is important is that I can check quickly and easily what has been made in each system, what ships in each system after Jumps, and where they came from.

In the example sheet above, I have written next to each ship where it is jumping, then created a copy of the same turn report below, showing where the ships have ended up.

For the next turn, I would simply copy the lower bits over the top bits, update the turn number, and go again.

Some players keep a copy of all their turns going back to the start of the game - this is fine, but please keep the most current bits at top so I don't have to go scrolling. I won't be keeping a super watchful eye on the sheets - I trust players to do the right thing - but if I catch you cheating watch out!

Each turn I would like a PM from each player listing the "upshot" of their orders. For example: I moved CR 1, CR 2, and 5 GF to X.

I would also like a one line summary of all the planets you JUMPED TO. Like this: Turn 1 jumps to A, Z, P, dsW (ds stands for DEEP SPACE, a non planet location in system W).

Any questions?

Good.

Off we go!

One last rules clarification:

Fleets belonging to two or more players CANNOT remain in the same location. Even if no battle is fought (thanks to treaties or no-fire orders) the smaller points size of fleet MUST retreat.

This is to prevent allies both putting 500 points of ships in the same system, making it impregnable.

In the example Google Sheet, I see that 45 credits are being spent on units. But how are they being spent? It looks like they are buying a CR90B and 1 GF. Wouldn't that be 49?

43 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

In the example Google Sheet, I see that 45 credits are being spent on units. But how are they being spent? It looks like they are buying a CR90B and 1 GF. Wouldn't that be 49?

You can only spend as many credits on construction as there is IC. So in the example, Bongo has 30 IC, so only 30 of the CR90's 39 can be built. In Escapo only 1.5 GFs (15 credits/IC) can be produced.

So essentially, if the player has a total of 45 IC, only 45 credits can be spent on production.

8 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

You can only spend as many credits on construction as there is IC. So in the example, Bongo has 30 IC, so only 30 of the CR90's 39 can be built. In Escapo only 1.5 GFs (15 credits/IC) can be produced.

So essentially, if the player has a total of 45 IC, only 45 credits can be spent on production.

Oh! That makes sense now. Thank you!

@LTD is it OK to work on the Google Doc gradually, and then PM you when my final decision has been made?

yes thats what i have been doing all of last game

just don't do like multiple next turns on it he dosen't like that it gets confusing

17 hours ago, LTD said:

Each turn I would like a PM from each player listing the "upshot" of their orders. For example: I moved CR 1, CR 2, and 5 GF to X.

I would also like a one line summary of all the planets you JUMPED TO. Like this: Turn 1 jumps to A, Z, P, dsW (ds stands for DEEP SPACE, a non planet location in system W).

Another question: What is the difference between "moving" to a location and "jumping" to a location?

Just now, Bertie Wooster said:

Another question: What is the difference between "moving" to a location and "jumping" to a location?

No difference

Just now, Bertie Wooster said:

you always jump thats how you move even if your going from one planet to the next in the same circle

Who is left to report in the game thread?

@LTD Could we get a list of players (and advisers possibly too) since there is a lot? It would make it easier to communicate.

7 minutes ago, idjmv said:

@LTD Could we get a list of players (and advisers possibly too) since there is a lot? It would make it easier to communicate.

All communication has to be on the game page but that would help

Edited by Matt3412
Wrong page
1 minute ago, Matt3412 said:

All communication has to be on this page but that would help

Unless you are in character.

Im so new to this specific forum, and I don't really know too many people on this forum, so I was thinking this would help all of us figure out alliances, trade, and whatnot

1 minute ago, idjmv said:

Unless you are in character.

Im so new to this specific forum, and I don't really know too many people on this forum, so I was thinking this would help all of us figure out alliances, trade, and whatnot

Actually ignore that this is the rules page my bad. all the in game stuff has to be on the other one. your right

Edited by Matt3412

since our capital has the 4 militia garrisoned GF can we leave it with 0 GF and be ok?

2 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

since our capital has the 4 militia garrisoned GF can we leave it with 0 GF and be ok?

They can’t be moved off-world.

2 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Yes.

All other planets need one GF to maintain control.

1 minute ago, The Jabbawookie said:

They can’t be moved off-world.

Im pretty sure we have 4 invisible GF on the capital, Correct?

Just now, clontroper5 said:

Im pretty sure we have 4 invisible GF on the capital, Correct?

Correct.