Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - Rules and OC Conversation

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I'm at 4 VP now.

Summer House - 1 VP.

Destroyed an enemy fleet - 1 VP.

Built a University - 2 VP.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, BiggsIRL said:

That is an oddly specific problem you need to solve.

Now I'm wondering why I didn't just jump everyone into deep space. But my orders are in, I'll leave it as is.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
4 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Now I'm wondering why I didn't just jump everyone into deep space. But my orders are in, I'll leave it as is.

Yeah having the "deep space" option is nice.

Thought experiment - one could make the argument that it is legal to put an infinite (eg more than 500 pts worth) number of ships into "deep space", in up to 500pt fleets, simply by arguing that they are in different "deep spaces" from each other, similar to how to players' fleets in deep space do not interact.

Though I expect this is a twisting of the rules that @LTD didn't expect and won't allow.

3 hours ago, FortyInRed said:

Yeah having the "deep space" option is nice.

Thought experiment - one could make the argument that it is legal to put an infinite (eg more than 500 pts worth) number of ships into "deep space", in up to 500pt fleets, simply by arguing that they are in different "deep spaces" from each other, similar to how to players' fleets in deep space do not interact.

Though I expect this is a twisting of the rules that @LTD didn't expect and won't allow.

That might be legit, actually. I think the main reason for the rule is so that no one can camp on one planet with a huge huge force. I don't think LTD meant for travel in deep space to be a pain if you're traveling with a 501+ fleet.

Just over six hours until orders are due.

Waiting on a number of folks.

14 minutes ago, LTD said:

Just over six hours until orders are due.

Waiting on a number of folks.

Mine are in

Mine are too.

👍 me too

Mine are in.

Mine are in.

I plan to process after lunch today - so about six or seven hours.

Orders are in

Yeah so are mine

As are mine.

55 minutes ago, LTD said:

@Matt3412 @clontroper5 @idjmv

8 hours until orders are due

Confused I submitted turn 14

3 days ago am I off a turn?

Edited by Matt3412
1 hour ago, Matt3412 said:

Confused I submitted turn 14

3 days ago am I off a turn?

This should be turn 14 orders.

@LTD I guess its been confirmed my are in

You probably beat the rest of us to the punch!

1 hour ago, Matt3412 said:

@LTD I guess its been confirmed my are in

Yes, right. Some days ago.

Just @clontroper5 now.

7 minutes ago, LTD said:

Yes, right. Some days ago.

Just @clontroper5 now.

K I am Out right now but will be home soon and can update it.

@LTD can you explain how the "integrity" faction modifier works?

Agree with @Bertie Wooster that this sounds like a right pain for @The Jabbawookie .

32 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

@LTD can you explain how the "integrity" faction modifier works?

Agree with @Bertie Wooster that this sounds like a right pain for @The Jabbawookie .

Technically, I think it's a secret, and I think LTD is doing that on purpose. I only know how my own "+1 Economy" modifier works, and at best I can only make educated guesses about the others. (Edit: Actually, LTD has sort of told us how the Space Combat modifier works, since Combat results are public info.)

However, since Jabba is the only player who's had his own worlds rebel against him (and it's happened multiple times), I'm guessing it has something to do with the -1 Integrity modifier. I may be wrong though; maybe Jabba is leaving his worlds with 0 GF on them...but I don't know why he would.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
56 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Technically, I think it's a secret, and I think LTD is doing that on purpose. I only know how my own "+1 Economy" modifier works, and at best I can only make educated guesses about the others. (Edit: Actually, LTD has sort of told us how the Space Combat modifier works, since Combat results are public info.)

However, since Jabba is the only player who's had his own worlds rebel against him (and it's happened multiple times), I'm guessing it has something to do with the -1 Integrity modifier. I may be wrong though; maybe Jabba is leaving his worlds with 0 GF on them...but I don't know why he would.

Oh interesting. I didn't realize they were secret but could see the benefit of doing so.

Yeah I think you're probably right (or close) on how that works. I expect there is some element of randomness to it, but I too was wondering what was happening to his planets. It's a rookie mistake to leave a conquered planet with 0 GF, and the type of thing a good player wouldn't do more than once. Having some element of them actually rising up and killing your exiting GF makes sense.

So I have been distracted by the news... How much time do we have?