Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - Rules and OC Conversation

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

9 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Tron'di Irregulars - Rebel

+1 Space Combat

Don't call us Rebels. We are freedom fighters from across the sector who are interested in returning F'Tarq to it's former Golden Age.

General Tron'di remebers that Golden Age, before the Empire, before the failure of the Republic. He even has in his care a young child who is decendent of F'Tarq nobility who is the rightful ruler of this sector, and as regent he will ensure that the new King has a sector to rule.

Hmm, sounds like a bunch of Rebel Mumbo jumbo to me...

4 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Hmm, sounds like a bunch of Rebel Mumbo jumbo to me...

General Tron'di did not just grab some random war orphan with passing resemblance to the former Queen and prop him up as a figurehead if that is what youa re implying!

15 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

General Tron'di remebers that Golden Age, before the Empire, before the failure of the Republic. He even has in his care a young child who is decendent of F'Tarq nobility who is the rightful ruler of this sector, and as regent he will ensure that the new King has a sector to rule.

Mandos love kids.*

*On a bun with lots of ketchup.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, LTD said:

Other takers?

@Lord Preyer you seem     to be qu  ite in demand.    

Greetings Loyal Subjects of the Galactic Empire!

I have heard your missives even in the distant reaches of the Empire of the Hand, and from this claw’d fortress I have contemplated the correct response and it thus:

In the name of His Imperial Majesty the Emperor Palpatine (May He Live Forever), First of His Name, Ruler of the Galaxy, Protector of the Sentients and High Lord of Coruscant, I, Lord Armiral Mitp’rey’erudo do hereby renounce my self-imposed exile and return to service, fire and glory in the depths of deep cold, deep space.

Let my banners be flown once more from the battlements of a Stormtrooper garrisons and my sigil emblazzoned upon my Star Destroyers from the Fringe to Yasati Prime. Let all who oppose me know that I will mark each parsec of the Hydian Way with the atom-blasted remains that will be the rotting carcasses of their pathetic attempts at warfleets.

And so let all loyal Imperial Subjects know:

Preyer is coming.

PPS: @LTD - umm, is there still a spot, actually? But embarrassing otherwise... 🤭

4 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

PPS: @LTD - umm, is there still a spot, actually? But embarrassing otherwise... 🤭

We cap at 9. By my count, you are 8.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:47 PM, LTD said:

@Madaghmire

@Rocmistro

@FortyInRed

You three were interested in the last game?

Consider me still a curious observer for now. I'd like to play eventually but worry that my lack of time/skill will ruin the fun for others. I've only actually played the full rules a handful of times and don't own all the ships. I've played the Learn to Play with several different friends but couldn't get anyone hooked enough to buy the game.

Is there a way that I could be an observer for the next round?

I'll follow whatever rules necessary such as perhaps just being CCed on messages sent to/from one of the players?

4 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Consider me still a curious observer for now. I'd like to play eventually but worry that my lack of time/skill will ruin the fun for others. I've only actually played the full rules a handful of times and don't own all the ships. I've played the Learn to Play with several different friends but couldn't get anyone hooked enough to buy the game.

I'll follow whatever rules necessary such as perhaps just being CCed on messages sent to/from one of the players?

The only thing you need to know to play is point and squad values, which can be found on a fleet builder:

https://armada.ryankingston.com/fleet/rebel/

If you’d rather observe, sure, but no knowledge of the Armada rules is needed.

Edited by The Jabbawookie
12 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

How would you like to be an advisor to the crown?

I have fleets from four players - The Jabbawookie, GNIP, Matt3412, idjmv, and Biggsirl.

Waiting on fleets from @clontroper5 and @Lord Preyer .

I have three other "interested" players who have made no further response - if we don't hear from these folks in 24 hours we will start without them.

@Ardaedhel @Drasnighta @rasproteus

Fleets are without upgrades or commanders. The only real stats from each ship you need to remember is points cost and squadron command value. All else is ephemeral.

Players may include other folks in their communications (like FortyInRed working with Biggsirl) but I will only take orders and answer questions from the actual player.

Please, start without me... I was excited for this, but the Canadian Winter has frozen, and destroyed my car, again ... So I'm now scrambling to make ends meet in a situation where I no longer have a car to get to Overnight work..... And my mind is just not on having fun.

One turn per week?

No game knowledge required?

Text only?

Count me in! Joking aside, if someone wanted to teach me Vassal I would be interested.

Sure, I'm in.

Introducing.....

The Pylon-Hoser Consortium

Once there was a peaceful planet C'nada, home to two civilizations; the Pylons and the Hosers. They had no need for war or weapons as all disputes were handled through a ritual game of h'ckey, and though many a tooth was lost, conflicts largely ended peacefully.

Each year as the snows melted, tribes from both the Hosers and the Pylons engaged in a ritual tournament of h'ckey, with the winning tribe awarded unrestricted ownership of the Chalice of Lord Stan Lee, and bragging rights for the next year. The challice was filled with fermented liquids, and much merriment ensued. No object was more covetted by either people than the Chalice.

That was, of course, un til the Empire, until the dark time. The first imperial envoys that arrived on C'nada went native, feasting on a local delicacy known as "poo-teen" and drinking a fine beverage known as Moulson. The second also went native, and did not return. But the third envoy was cruel-hearted and had no stomach for local foods or drink. Instead he stole the Chalice, enraging the peaceful people of C'nada.

Luckily, a representative of the Alliance to Restore the Republic arrived on C'nada, and offered to help them find their lost treasure. All they had to do in exchange was allow the alliance to strip mine their planet, pollute their environment, and conscript thousands of their citizens to go off to war. They explained that "war" was a bit like h'ckey, only with less ice. A worthy price indeed, the Pylons and Hosers agreed, and formed the Pylon-Hoser Consortium.

2 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Luckily, a representative of the Alliance to Restore the Republic arrived on C'nada, and offered to help them find their lost treasure. All they had to do in exchange was allow the alliance to strip mine their planet, pollute their environment, and conscript thousands of their citizens to go off to war.

As an Imperial player I appreciate the honest depiction of Alliance tactics.

40 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:
43 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Luckily, a representative of the Alliance to Restore the Republic arrived on C'nada, and offered to help them find their lost treasure. All they had to do in exchange was allow the alliance to strip mine their planet, pollute their environment, and conscript thousands of their citizens to go off to war.

As an Imperial  player I appreciate the honest depiction of  Alliance  tactics  . 

Well that and the Rebel Nebulon B looks a bit like a strange H'ckey stick...

56 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

One turn per week?

At least one turn per turn.

57 minutes ago, FortyInRed said:

Count me in! Joking aside, if someone wanted to teach me Vassal I would be interested.

What is your time zone?

Also - remember to choose your side's bonus.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Please, start without me...

Perhaps the next time round, mate. Chin up, cobber. Lizard drinking right now, but she'll be apples.

4 minutes ago, LTD said:

What is your time zone?

Also - remember to choose your side's bonus.

EST and Ground Combat.

H'ckey prepares one well for fisticuffs.

Took me a while to work out what EST was - that's not a bonus area.

I imagine you mean USAEST? As opposed to AEST? Best find someone else to teach you vassal.

@LTD Are we going to start when everybody who's playing send you a list?

1 minute ago, LTD said:

Took me a while to work out what EST was - that's not a bonus area.

I imagine you mean USAEST? As opposed to AEST? Best find someone else to teach you vassal.

Did anyone use it last time? I don't even have it...

Yep sorry. American Eastern Time

Just now, The Jabbawookie said:

Did anyone use it last time? I don't even have it...

No. It's a unrelated conversation really.

1 minute ago, idjmv said:

@LTD Are we going to start when everybody who's playing send you a list?

Yes.

1 minute ago, LTD said:

No. It's a unrelated conversation really.

Yes.

cool

Anyone need an apprentice grand warlord for their cause?

Can also teach vassal/ be the vassal arm of someone's faction.

Not sure I'm leadership material just yet.