Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - Rules and OC Conversation

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

5 minutes ago, PodRacer said:

Anyone need an apprentice grand warlord for their cause?

Can also teach vassal/ be the vassal arm of someone's faction.

Not sure I'm leadership material just yet.

The Mandalorians will happily accept you, on the grounds that we accept any old riffraff. 😁

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Room for one more player

@Ardaedhel @rasproteus who will it be?

If no response we will begin in 21 hours.

Man... I really want to hop in but I really really don't have time. Which is a shame, cause this looks like it might be a hoot.

I've been watching the thread and temptation is deep... but... no... *stares at pile of undone work*

I'll follow along and if it comes around again hopefully I'll be able :)

Power just went out literally as I was about to post my list. In the middle of a big winter storm so who knows when it'll be back. I'll have to bow out.

Yeah I dont got Vassel either

Yeah, sorry to post and run. I am not sure I have time for it either. Go go gadget @Ardaedhel

17 hours ago, Lord Preyer said:

Let my banners be flown once more from the battlements of a Stormtrooper garrisons and my sigil emblazzoned upon my Star Destroyers from the Fringe to Yasati Prime.

ARE YOU AT Y??? this is very important to me

The syndicate prefers to avoid immediate conflict with you

If Ard can't make it, I can join in as the 9th player.

Imperials, +1 Economy.

Time zone is USA EST.

Should I choose a starting fleet now? If so, what are the requirements and limits? I understand no upgrades, commander or unique squadrons, but how "big" is it to begin with?

2 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

If Ard can't make it, I can join in as the 9th player.

Imperials, +1 Economy.

Time zone is USA EST.

Should I choose a starting fleet now? If so, what are the requirements and limits? I understand no upgrades, commander or unique squadrons, but how "big" is it to begin with?

200 points fire away just base ships/squadrons

and send a list of preference starting locations [A-Z]

Obviously LTD got to be cool with it but thats what you need to send to him

Edited by Matt3412
3 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

200 points fire away just base ships/squadrons

and send a list of preference starting locations [A-Z]

Obviously LTD got to be cool with it but thats what you need to send to him

Thanks!

So we do that now? How do I know which planets to pick when all the planet bonuses are question marks?

14 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Thanks!

So we do that now? How do I know which planets to pick when all the planet bonuses are question marks?

That's apart of the fun Haha I believe all our starting planets are equal however.

And yes the game technically already is in turn one so ASAP

The Fully Unprepared Novice Knaves are...uhh...almost ready.

@Lord Preyer

Since Our people's Capitals seem inhabit the same System and look upon the same sun in our skies i purpose we move forward openly so not to create unneeded violence.

I will be establishing forward bases for all sorts of illicit activity on B and T this turn. i will not move on C, G so your people can expand as well.

The Syndicate

Edited by Matt3412
6 minutes ago, Matt3412 said:

i will not move on C  , G so your people can expand as well. 

Actually, MOFO would like everyone to stay off G...

The PAR's/NSB's are riling into a blood rage, as the ice gladiators fight and train, painting the snow and ice a beautiful crimson.

Auringonlaskuna me marssitaan sotaan!

At sundown we march for war!

I would like to propose a Sector first Contact treaty:

By signing this treaty your faction promises to have a non-violent first contact protocol with all other factions in the game, this means you will not make any unprovoked attacks, blockaids or Invasions. Your Defense forces will also not fire upon Intruders unless fired upon or the Intruders are in clear violation of a previous warning. In return you will receive the same treatment.

If you desire to go to war a formal Declaration of war must happen before any attack is made in order to meet the requirements of this treaty.

Violation of this treaty will result in boycotts by the other signers of the treaty and the other signers have permission to respond with deadly force against the violators.

Signed up:

@clontroper5 for the 5th sector Authority

@Matt3412 on behalf    of "The  Syndicate      " 

@GhostofNobodyInParticular on behalf       of the Governmental Ghosts of GINPia.

@idjmv on behalf of The Pohjoismaiset Avaruus Raivopäät (PAR/NSB)

Edited by clontroper5
7 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

By signing this treaty your faction promises to have a non-violent first contact protocol with all other factions in the game, this means you will not make any unprovoked attacks, blockaids or Invasions. In return you will receive the same treatment.

If you desire to go to war a formal Declaration of war must happen before any attack is made in order to meet the requirements of this treaty.

Violation of this treaty will result in boycotts by the other signers if the treaty and the other signers have permission to respond with deadly force against the violators.

Signed up:

@Matt3412 on behalf of "The Syndicate"

We welcome this proposal

Pasted again for easy copy

By signing this treaty your faction promises to have a non-violent first contact protocol with all other factions in the game, this means you will not make any unprovoked attacks, blockaids or Invasions. In return you will receive the same treatment.

Violation of this treaty will result in boycotts by the other signers if the treaty and the other signers have permission to respond with deadly force against the violators.

Signed up:

Edited by Matt3412
32 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Signed up:

@Matt3412 on behalf    of "The  Syndicate      " 

I too will agree to this treaty, upon clarification: I assume this means that all fleets will be set to only fire if fired upon? If only moving fleets are set to that, they will be attacked by the defenders of occupied worlds they accidentally stumble onto whilst exploring.

8 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I too will agree to this treaty, upon clarification: I assume this means that all fleets will be set to only fire if fired upon? If only moving fleets are set to that, they will be attacked by the defenders of occupied worlds they accidentally stumble onto whilst exploring.

Yep, any shots fired without a declaration of war will be in violation of this treaty. Added a clarifying sentence regarding Defense forces.

Edited by clontroper5

Welcome Bertie Wooster!

We have 9 players, and the game will begin shortly. I will start a new thread in a few hours for In Character (IC) conversation, news, threats, treaties, etc. This thread will continue for rules discussion, questions, and Out of Character (OC) conversation about the game. Anyone is welcome to post in this thread, but the IC thread is only for players and the GM please.

Please send me a PM if you do not have the benefits or disadvantages of your SIDE BONUS stated explicitly - I know I have missed some.

I still need to move some planets, give secret objectives, etc, which I will do in the next few hours. Please do not plan 17 turns in advance, things are still in flux.

1 minute ago, LTD said:

I still need to move some planets, give secret objectives, etc, which I will do in the next few hours. Please do not plan 17 turns in advance, things are still in flux.

Ok, I will restrain myself to 15 turns in advance

2 minutes ago, clontroper5 said:

Ok, I will restrain myself to 15 turns in advance

You lack vision. Clearly, you must look beyond the hurdles. Plan for 18 turns.

Also:

Signed up:

@GhostofNobodyInParticular on behalf of the Governmental Ghosts of GINPia.

The Mandalorians are interested in this treaty, but for the time being will be looking into more local agreements where necessary.

The P-H Consortium will ratify your treaty. If it is determined that you have taken our sacred chalice, then we will send you straight to the penalty box!

Under circumstances like these, the Oldest Unprepared Member of the Fully Unprepared Novice Knaves (FUNK) gives his wisest wisdom to the Youngest Unprepared Member, who will communicate with the other party.

"Sign the treaty," the OUM advises the YUM. "We can't afford any casualties this early on." The YUM nods, clears his voice and responds to the 5th Sector Authority. "We will not sign the treaty, lest it impede upon our inheritance of receiving victory points." The OUM sighs. Such is often how it goes, as it was when even he was the Youngest.

The FUNK has spoken; they will not sign.