Warlords of the F'Tarq Sector - Rules and OC Conversation

By LTD, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Btw, I love the Scripting!

its so nice when it auto calculates everything! :)

26 minutes ago, LTD said:

Correct.

okay so now i'm confused the 4 we start with are not the 4 that it says??? so like we have 8

To clarify it says 4 GF those are on top of the bonus 4 so 8.

only 4 can leave

i understand i think

Edited by Matt3412
1 hour ago, Matt3412 said:

okay so now i'm confused the 4 we start with are not the 4 that it says??? so like we have 8

To clarify it says 4 GF those are on top of the bonus 4 so 8.

only 4 can leave

i understand i think

I am also confused about this.

The Capital has an inherent four GF equivalent. They are not listed on your spreadsheet. They are assumed.

You have 4 regular GF listed on your spreadsheet that are free to leave the planet, etc.

Your capital does not need a GF left behind to maintain control.

Any other planets do.

I have orders from some people.

Just now, LTD said:

The Capital has an inherent four GF equivalent. They are not listed on your spreadsheet. They are assumed.

You have 4 regular GF listed on your spreadsheet that are free to leave the planet, etc.

Your capital does not need a GF left behind to maintain control.

Any other planets do.

I have orders from some people.

Not from me anymore; this changes everything. 😀

2 hours ago, idjmv said:

@LTD Could we get a list of players (and advisers possibly too) since there is a lot? It would make it easier to communicate.

Just to clarify - no private messages to other players regarding this game please.

Imagine we are all seated at a games table - anything you say should be heard by all players.

1 minute ago, LTD said:

Just to clarify - no private messages to other players regarding this game please.

Imagine we are all seated at a games table - anything you say should be heard by all players.

Yea, I know

Is it possible for players to transfer credits, ground forces, squadrons, or even ships to other players?

34 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Is it possible for players to transfer credits, ground forces, squadrons, or even ships to other players?

Yes. It must be announced in thread though. For ships, both sides must have ships present in the system (the ships to be transferred count for this). We've never transferred GFs before, but presumably they would work the same.

Guys - I am really struggling here. I've filled in my sheet and both Matt and LTD have tried to help explain this thing to me (with LTD's knowledge and not with proper respect for this game and it's rules of course) but still this is taking a bit of time to get my head around it.

Like, am I supposed to state my faction bonuses and minuses here or in my spreadsheet (I did the latter)?

Also, say I wanted to spend money towards a star destroyer in the future (hey! it's me! what else was I going to do?). Am still unclear on that.

Will reread again now. Apologies again. Please bear with me.

*with = without!!

26 minutes ago, Lord Preyer said:

Guys - I am really struggling here. I've filled in my sheet and both Matt and LTD have tried to help explain this thing to me (with LTD's knowledge and not with proper respect for this game and it's rules of course) but still this is taking a bit of time to get my head around it.

Like, am I supposed to state my faction bonuses and minuses here or in my spreadsheet (I did the latter)?

Also, say I wanted to spend money towards a star destroyer in the future (hey! it's me! what else was I going to do?). Am still unclear on that.

Will reread again now. Apologies again. Please bear with me.

So you state in this thread and in the game thread your faction bonus i.e. mine was

+2 Navigation -1 economy.

What the actual bonus does will remain secret unless you want to share it.

If you want to build a star destroyer it will take you multiple Turns i.e. if you have a planet with 40 credits and 30 I.c. (40/30) you can start building an ISD by investing the 30 i.c towards it, it will now have construction progress of 30 out of 110.

Next turn you can continue investing your I.C into it so another 30 goes into the ISD and now you have 60 out 110 progress towards it etc. Until it is finished.

Edited by clontroper5

+3 Economy, -2 starting force. Gulp!

Or -1 Starting force, -1 Ground Combat if they need to be split.

Will do a reread of the rules again in the morning. Thanks for your patience and help again guys!

LP's playing the long game hard...

1 hour ago, Lord Preyer said:

Or -1 Starting force, -1 Ground Combat if they need to be split.

Will do a reread of the rules again in the morning. Thanks for your patience and help again guys!

I believe it has to come out of one of them. I personally would recommend keeping starting force and taking the minus somewhere else, you may find it very hard to recover (depending on how severe the nagetive is)

A note to new players: Just because a world is not occupied by another player DOES NOT mean it is undefended. There are neutral GF scattered about that will fight to protect their new-fiefdoms.

6 minutes ago, LTD said:

A note to new players: Just because a world is not occupied by another player DOES NOT mean it is undefended. There are neutral GF scattered about that will fight to protect their new-fiefdoms.

This is true, I recommend bringing at least 2-3 GF to squish hopes and Dreams of their puny planets

9 hours ago, LTD said:

Whelp. Sorry didn't read that. Gonna copy/past what I sent in IC Thread.

@LTD are you waiting on orders from anyone?

I don't know - but I am technically at work. So I cannot process at the moment.

th?id=OIP.uC4F4o3xLjRxTcRMxekdqAHaFm

*Worth it, it will be

2 hours ago, clontroper5 said:

*Worth it, it will be

your corecting mi speeling? clontroper5! Hou dair yew!

4 minutes ago, LTD said:

your corecting mi speeling? clontroper5! Hou dair yew!

I had to take the opportunity when I had it!