The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Totally like the corellian symbol better.

What does everyone think about the sylops?

Perhaps we should move the conversation IC.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Perhaps we should move the conversation IC.

Gotcha

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I like this a lot, but using your same basic idea, I could also go for Idiot’s Array . The Cylops is just Old Corellian for The Idiots , so either way.

Actually, after looking, I like the graphic for the Cylop here better than any of the Idiot designs, so maybe you have a winning team name/design here?! It definitely works well for us now, with just the two racers (unless the two mechanics are the idiots). 🙂

edit to add: Also, this discussion could be in the IC.

Thanks! I'll start the conversation in the IC.

Edited my post in IC

@Edgehawk , you know of a bar near the north-east sector that a lot of racers go to, but with the disadvantage it's also home to a number of swoop gangers.

@jhh3 just so you know, the race is 500 a racer, unless you can try to talk down the price etc.

@P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , I'll say that you guys do have time for the third check, but then it will mean that the garage will be neglected in terms of customers etc.

27 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , I'll say that you guys do have time for the third check, but then it will mean that the garage will be neglected in terms of customers etc.

I'll make a check for the customers then (Boost from prior Advantage): Open for Business : 2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 2 failures, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-tr.png a-s.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

...huh. That's an odd result.

Does a week equal one session? Because I get 100 credit every session for Sound Investments.

Do we each get at Business roll then?

14 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Do we each get at Business roll then?

The roll would be for his Entrepreneur Talent.

@Rabobankrider My Obligation is supposed to be 10?

+5 For 1,000 credits

5 Starting

Edited by jhh3

You can't take on more Obligation than you started with, and even if you start with more than 10, you can still only take on +10 Obligation max.

Also, starting Obligation was 5 as per our GM.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

@P-47 Thunderbolt I decided to not get any additional XP. So that's just 10 Obligation for my 1,000 credits that I did get during character creation.

Edited by jhh3

@P-47 Thunderbolt , thanks for the awkward result! 😛

So I think in this case I'm going to say that overall you don't make any money over the next few days (after costs etc), but your work does quickly spread in the area, letting them know that the garage and team are back in business. If you make a note the next time you need to make this check it will be upgraded for you.

So this section will potentially be a little disjointed, as @P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate will be working on the bikes over the next couple of ic days, while the others will be carrying out mostly same day tasks. @Shlambate and @P-47 Thunderbolt , when you're ready you can sort your posts from the mechanics checks.

@jhh3 , I've adjusted your obligation, and when you are ready ic you can sort a post of your character heading to the racing registry office.

@Rabobankrider Does a week equal one session? Because I get 200 credits every session for 2 ranks in Sound Investments.

Edited by jhh3

@Rabobankrider I am a bit lost? I did one check did Varik get three and Krydil 1? Or did only one mechanics check count and then the second entrepreneur roll count? Do I get another roll? Do I not?

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Rabobankrider I am a bit lost? I did one check did Varik get three and Krydil 1? Or did only one mechanics check count and then the second entrepreneur roll count? Do I get another roll? Do I not?

On 5/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, Rabobankrider said:

I interpreted this as we each get 3 checks. I did two on the bike and one for the business.

24 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I interpreted this as we each get 3 checks. I did two on the bike and one for the business.

Well I await confirmation but that makes some sense.

@Shlambate , as you're focusing on mechanical work, you do get 3 checks, yes.

@jhh3 , unfortunately it does not. This session will end after the race, at which point obligation xp and the credits will be dealt with.

13 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate , as you're focusing on mechanical work, you do get 3 checks, yes.

@jhh3 , unfortunately it does not. This session will end after the race, at which point obligation xp and the credits will be dealt with.

Ok so I would like to do another Check on Zara's bike this time for speed and one on maintaining the business, What would the difficulty be.

@Shlambate , both would be average again

@Shlambate , you increase the speed of Zara's bike by 1, the advantage can add a boost to your next engineering check. You can add that to the workshop check if you want.

@Edgehawk , I', going to need an average negotiation check with a boost from Yoomnuf to see if anyone feels like talking.

21 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

, I', going to need an average negotiation check with a boost from Yoomnuf to see if anyone feels like talking.

Avg Negotiation : 2eA+1eB+2eD 2 successes
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png d-th.png

Boost : 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png

So 3 boost 1 failure @Rabobankrider