The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

I can register us as an official team.

Yoomnuff can go try to scout out the competition to see what we'll be up against.

@Shlambate , thanks to 'Fully Operational' I have something for you.

• You can take some time to restock the garage of basic supplies, adding an automatic advantage to checks for the next encounter. This would just be an average mechanics check.
  • When checking the bike over, you can choose to check the hull, the engines or the handling. An average mechanics check will allow for an increase in armour, speed or handling by 1 for the following encounter.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you can help by taking over another task to help, and if you want can work on a different part of the bike to improve it as well.

@jhh3 , you would know where one of the cities many race offices is, so can narrate heading across there when ready. The downhill race is 500 credits per racer, though of course a social check may be able to help with that etc.

@rocketrobie2 , an average knowledge (underworld) or knowledge (education) will tell you some information on the teams taking part, advantage may also tell you where you can find them, additional information etc.

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:
  • When checking the bike over, you can choose to check the hull, the engines or the handling. An average mechanics check will allow for an increase in armour, speed or handling by 1 for the following encounter.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you can help by taking over another task to help, and if you want can work on a different part of the bike to improve it as well.

I'll wait to see which one Krydil is working on before making any checks.

Knowledge (Underworld) check passed by the skin of my teeth:

Scoping out the competion : 2eA+2eD 1 success
a-s-a.png a--.png d-th.png d--.png

EDIT: just to clarify, this is for getting some info on the rival teams

Edited by rocketrobie2

Mechanics : 2eP+2eA+2eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d-f-th.png d-f-f.png

I’ll boost Varik’s next check, I’ll have done the handling.

Extra Juice : 2eP+1eA+1eB 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png b--.png

Forgot the difficulty: forgot a die : 2eD 3 failures, 1 threat
d-f-th.png d-f-f.png

With the Advantage from gear, that's 5 Advantage.

Can I add a Boost to the racers' first checks in the race? Narratively, giving them a little extra kick off the starting line?

@Rabobankrider Could Zara use Streetwise to ask around/ scope out the competition, at the usual haunts?

@rocketrobie2 , you know of two of the main competitors. There's the local team who have made off-road speeding their specialty, 'The Tremours'. It's a small but very successful team, they have a number of regional downhill wins under their belt. As far as you know they are legit (no links to crime). They work out of a small town east of the city. If you want to find them in person, that's when streetwise will come into play. Another racer you've heard is taking part seems to be a solo act. Very little is known about them beyond the name 'Wheeler'. No location or previous teams know about them currently. You can still try follow up these leads though if you want. Unfortunately with only 1 success, that's all the teams you know without further investigation.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , that works fine yeah. Alternatively 5 advantage is effectively a triumph, so you could use the 'reverse engineering' advantage to increase the hard points for the vehicle by 1 (this is a one time use thing if you go with it) to show you knowledge of the speeder here. You and @Shlambate can narrate the work you're doing whenever you're ready.

@Edgehawk , if you want to sure, you may well benefit from taking @rocketrobie2 with you thanks to their knowledge. Ic if the mention the name Wheeler, you would remember it from your previous race.

@jhh3 when you are ready t sort your ic post I'll go through your rp to sort the payment ect :)

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt , that works fine yeah. Alternatively 5 advantage is effectively a triumph, so you could use the 'reverse engineering' advantage to increase the hard points for the vehicle by 1 (this is a one time use thing if you go with it) to show you knowledge of the speeder here. You and @Shlambate can narrate the work you're doing whenever you're ready.

Would the HP apply to both bikes?

Streetwise : 3eA+2eD 1 success, 2 threat
a-s.png a--.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Before we go out on our own though we've gotta all agree on to be called the Fluffy Thrusters.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , it will only apply to the bike you were working on, separate checks will be needed for the other bike from both of you (you'd have time ic to do so if you want).

An average mechanics or education check can also be used to keep the garage open for regular business (mechanics for work, education for paperwork, bills etc) for anyone who wants to take on the role.

@Edgehawk , are you looking for anyone in particular or just in general?

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt , it will only apply to the bike you were working on, separate checks will be needed for the other bike from both of you (you'd have time ic to do so if you want).

An average mechanics or education check can also be used to keep the garage open for regular business (mechanics for work, education for paperwork, bills etc) for anyone who wants to take on the role.

Oh! I thought the checks were for both bikes, and we only had time for the one check. In that case, yeah. Add the HP to Yoomnuff's bike and I'll try the Handling check.

Handling : 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes
p-s-a.png p--.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-f.png

+1 Advantage from tools.

If I've still got time for a third check, I'll make the Average Mechanics check as well, taking a Boost from the Advantage scored on the Handling check.

@Rabobankrider do we both get time for 3 checks on the bikes?

51 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , are you looking for anyone in particular or just in general?

I wouldn’t mind bumping into Wheeler, but no, not necessarily anyone in particular.

I was playing sabacc the other day and it gave me the idea of the name "The Sylops". For those s of you who have never played Corellian Spike before this is what it is. A sylop in sabacc is a zero, if you have 2 of them you have a pure sabacc (best hand in the game). Sylop in corellian means "idiot". So you have a bunch of idiots but when they come together they make a team and are unstoppable. I thought it sounded cool. And we could integrate the symbol on the card in our logo. Plus it's corellian, so it makes thematic sense. Just an idea. IMG_9300.jpg

Edited by jhh3

I like this a lot, but using your same basic idea, I could also go for Idiot’s Array . The Cylops is just Old Corellian for The Idiots , so either way.

Actually, after looking, I like the graphic for the Cylop here better than any of the Idiot designs, so maybe you have a winning team name/design here?! It definitely works well for us now, with just the two racers (unless the two mechanics are the idiots). 🙂

edit to add: Also, this discussion could be in the IC.

Edited by Edgehawk
3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

with just the two racers (unless the two mechanics are the idiots). 🙂

Looks at everyone's Int

Krydil 4

Varik 3

Darren 3

Zara 2

Yoonmuff 2

Definitely the racers.

Also I noticed that we gained 20 exp not 10 so I took Solid Repairs and Fine Tuning both for 5

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I like this a lot, but using your same basic idea, I could also go for Idiot’s Array . The Cylops is just Old Corellian for The Idiots , so either way.

Actually, after looking, I like the graphic for the Cylop here better than any of the Idiot designs, so maybe you have a winning team name/design here?! It definitely works well for us now, with just the two racers (unless the two mechanics are the idiots). 🙂

edit to add: Also, this discussion could be in the IC.

I actually learned the traditional sabacc before learning corellian spike. I actually did think of Idiot's Array, but thought that it made more this to use the one that everyone on the planet would be familiar with. Since no one really would play normal sabacc on corellia. Pure sabacc is made with two sylops (0), while the Idiot's Array is made of one idiot card (also 0), a 2 (either of the four suites), and a 3 (also either suites), making a literal 23.

Edited by jhh3
Just now, jhh3 said:

I actually learned the traditional sabacc before learning corellian spike. I actually did think of Idiot's Array, but thought that it made more this to use the one that everyone on the planet would be familiar with. Since no one really would play normal sabacc on corellia. Pure sabacc is made with two sylops (0), while the Idiot's Array is made of one idiot card (also zero), a 2 (either of the four suites), and a 3 (also either suites), making a literal 23.

Plus, "Idiot's Array" might be a bit too on the nose. I like "The Sylops." It also introduces an interesting facet to where someone might confuse the name, calling the team "The Cyclops."

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Plus, "Idiot's Array" might be a bit too on the nose. I like "The Sylops." It also introduces an interesting facet to where someone might confuse the name, calling the team "The Cyclops."

That would be funny, but most people on corellia would know what sylop means. But hey we still could do that.

In Traditional Sabacc your trying to get to 23

In Corellian Spike your trying to get to 0

Edited by jhh3
Just now, jhh3 said:

That would be funny, but most people on corellia would know what sylop means.

Sure, but not necessarily everyone would hear it right first time. And some people might just want to be mean. :D

This is the Idiot card. It looks more like and idiot. 200?cb=20150603191657

Edited by jhh3