Fourth Annual Star Wars: Armada Vassal World Cup (2019)

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada

Count me in :) I still need to decide on a fleet though.

I'm in.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, BiggsIRL said:

Upgrade cards in the SSD expansion (Emperor Sheev "the Senate" Palpatine, Officer Vader, Officer Ozzel, Piett, etc) are legal.

Wow - that's quite a call. Will be cool to see what new sorts of lists appear as a result!

Is it considering trolling to fly a fleet with nothing newer than Wave 5 and a third of the fleet from Core set? Or just unoriginal??

I'd like to sign up, but will be away the first 2 weeks of January. Would it still be possible to join in?

11 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Wow - that's quite a call. Will be cool to see what new sorts of lists appear as a result!

Is it considering trolling to fly a fleet with nothing newer than Wave 5 and a third of the fleet from Core set? Or just unoriginal??

The core set includes the CR90 and the Nebulon-B. They stronk like bull.

Edited by thecactusman17
16 hours ago, Zamalekite said:

Depends why you play these vassal tourneys. If you play to test new ideas on a global platform with a diverse meta then that would be considered unoriginal. Apparently some people play to win though. So each to their own.

Just now, Ginkapo said:

Depends why you play these vassal tourneys. If you play to test new ideas on a global platform with a diverse meta then that would be considered unoriginal. Apparently some people play to win though. So each to their own.

I don't have a lot of time to play generally and I'm torn between playing I fleet I actually own and am likely to play in competitive tournaments to get more practice and trying something more experimental in a competitive setting! Can't decide 😣

2 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

I play to place second.

#2 Standby standing by.

And because I'm not afeared, here's my list so far :

Name: 336 Point Bid
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Ozzel

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Superior Positions

Raider I (44)
• Admiral Ozzel (20)
= 64 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 64

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

I play to place second.

Yeah me too, every battle apparently!

2 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

#2 Standby standing by.

And because I'm not afeared, here's my list so far :

Name: 336 Point Bid
Faction: Imperial
Commander: Admiral Ozzel

Assault: Most Wanted
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Superior Positions

Raider I (44)
• Admiral Ozzel (20)
= 64 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 64

I think this fleet was significantly weakened by flotilla nerf, so I'm not sure if it's first tier anymore. However, given the changes, wouldn't Advanced Gunnery be a better objective here? ;)

I think I can participate in this.

Party time... Watch out... double Vic’s is totally a thing.

5 hours ago, PartyPotato said:

Party time... Watch out... double Vic’s is totally a thing.

That's a medium sized pizza party.

Time to change the name.

Edited by mhd

I`'m in.

I am not going to participate this time. Good luck to all playing!

Considering carefully whether I can commit to another long-running tourney right now. I've only been about 30% successful in showing up for our weekly local meetup over the last few months... :(

I'll try to post up soon if I'm going to participate.

Back to the top.

Has no one found the hidden surprise?

Also 12 people have their lists turned in. Well, 12 responses. And 11 individuals.

3 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

Back to the top.

Has no one found the hidden surprise?

Are you talking about the *prize support*?

We’re all in it for the money.

Alt-art Hondo?

The prize is instead of playing with ONE slice of Imperial pizza, we get the WHOLE imperial pizza.

1 hour ago, Karneck said:

The prize is instead of playing with ONE slice of Imperial pizza, we get the WHOLE imperial pizza.

The death star?

On 12/21/2018 at 8:51 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

Alt-art Hondo?

You spotted the secret!

Come on Poeple Let's get those Sign ups!