Fourth Annual Star Wars: Armada Vassal World Cup (2019)

By BiggsIRL, in Star Wars: Armada

27 minutes ago, Zamalekite said:

Who's 1st and what's objective?

Neb is 1st.

Playing AG.

Aers Lib is AG - Neb has a flotilla

Video of final here:

Gz to the new Champ. Gz to the Runner up. Was an exciting game.

Congratulations @NebulonB on being the 4th annual Vassal World Cup Champion! You join the exclusive club with only 2 other member so far: @JJs Juggernaut and @clontroper5 .

Congratulations to all of our competitors. I was thinking it might be fun to run a Vassal JV / Varsity tournament next - two side-by-side tournaments for newer vassal players and more experienced ones. Unless someone else has something they've been waiting to run.

17 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Congratulations @NebulonB on being the 4th annual Vassal World Cup Champion! You join the exclusive club with only 2 other member so far: @JJs Juggernaut and @clontroper5 .

Congratulations to all of our competitors. I was thinking it might be fun to run a Vassal JV / Varsity tournament next - two side-by-side tournaments for newer vassal players and more experienced ones. Unless someone else has something they've been waiting to run.

I like the idea of it, but you have to take into consideration that every recently successful Vassal Tourney had a time zone divide. And if you have that AND a veterancy dividing line there might not be enough players for at least four groups. But maybe I am wrong and the best thing to do is to check how many people are interested.

Edited by Darth Veggie

Congratulations @NebulonB ! As for the next tournament plans: I'd love to take part in the next one and would surely choose the "Beginners-Bracket" since i don't play Vassal very often. So maybe, there are more players like me, who love to put their ships on the table on a regular basis but take this as incentive to join the onliners ;)

1 hour ago, BiggsIRL said:

I was thinking it might be fun to run a Vassal JV / Varsity tournament next - two side-by-side tournaments for newer vassal players and more experienced ones.

I would like this very much. Would be a good incentive to get better at using Vassal (as opposed to TTS) and certainly less intimidating than playing against the “Varsity.”

As long the SSD is legal i'm down!

Edited by clontroper5

How do you decide who is JV and who is Varsity?

16 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Clearly a JV here

1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

Maybe if you have already been in a Vassal World Cup (or maybe made it out of POD) or have made the semi-finals of a Nationals / Worlds, that makes you Varsity. JV would be the rest of us... and @Ginkapo .

And if you want to get more complicated, maybe set-up a system of promotion/relegation year-to-year for those worst in POD (Varsity) and Top 4/8 (JV).

Edited by Admiral Calkins
51 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

Clearly a JV here

That was my hope.

4 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

How do you decide who is JV and who is Varsity

I would personally just do an Opt in/out system where poeple just sign up for either Jv or Varsity depending on what level they fell they are at.

There are of course several potential issues with that though

Let me think on how best to do it. I'll come up with some guidelines but ultimately it'll be "self assessment" based. You know Armada casual rule #1 - "don't be a jerk".

You realise @Aresius and @NebulonB will both sign themselves up for JV thanks to their misplaced humility...

2 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

You realise @Aresius and @NebulonB will both sign themselves up for JV thanks to their misplaced humility...

so your saying I wont have to play them and their Libertys? that sounds ok to me

on the other side i want to rematch Aresius

Suddenly the sting of losing isn’t so bad now that it’s the world champ that knocked me out. ;)

Congrats @NebulonB ! Great tournament, great players, and **** good time! Thanks everyone. Already looking forward to next year.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:50 AM, LTD said:

As highest ranked Australian on Vassal, I challenge the eventual Vassal World Cup Champion on behalf of THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE!

@NebulonB ...name a time!

((thinks to himself: from here on, it can only get worse))

😉

So, even if your avatar seems to say that you dont represent the southern hemisphere, I‘ll find the time 🙂

14 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

I need a pause from armada :(.

1 minute ago, Aresius said:

I need a pause from armada :(.

Noooooooo! You have been one step away from the summit. You cannot turn now!

Aresius is joking. His Lib will be back with a vengeance, very soon, and in a galaxy far far too near to you for your liking 😉

Edited by NebulonB