Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

4 minutes ago, Assussanni said:

I picked up only the Core Set and I've been really enjoying it... yet at the same time I've not yet felt any compulsion to buy any of the individual packs that they've released. I think it is much, much easier to dip in to and out of than Arkham Horror, buying only what interests you. At least that's been my experience so far. If they start releasing X-Men expansions I may end up very poor, very quickly...

X-men is the only Marvel I’m interested in if I’m honest. Well maybe I’ll have room by then...

6 minutes ago, Assussanni said:

I picked up only the Core Set and I've been really enjoying it... yet at the same time I've not yet felt any compulsion to buy any of the individual packs that they've released. I think it is much, much easier to dip in to and out of than Arkham Horror, buying only what interests you. At least that's been my experience so far. If they start releasing X-Men expansions I may end up very poor, very quickly...

I think it's easier to pick up and be selective about too.

34 minutes ago, Antimarkovnikov said:

We're checking on you @Duciris ! You're acting quite unlike yourself! Making sure you're okay in these times of social separation.

What's your favorite hero and villain so far?

I've been impressed with each hero released so far (Captain America, Ms. Marvel, & Thor) in different ways.

The villain release, of which there have been 2 (Green Goblin & the Wrecking Crew) and will be no more until the big box in July, have been very dissimilar from one another.

Thor, loaded for bear (or minions) against Ultron is very, very fun. I really like the 2 different scenarios in Green Goblin. They are very different and are more difficult than the core set villains, and his mix-'n'-match sets (the Encounter Decks) are all difficult, which I like. Plus, he has 2 scenarios over the 1 in Wrecking Crew, so I like him more.

I'm torn about my favorite hero. I really like Cap (America, although Marvel is better than I expected too), he is just solid and the most reliable Stunner (Exhauster in AH parlance). She-Hulk has a fun push-yourself-low-on-hit-points-to-thrive feeling. I really like Spider-Man & his evasiveness.

Maybe Thor, though. If the villain has a lot of minions, he is singularly exceptional. His starting hand size is 1 card smaller than everyone else's (you draw up to max at the start of the Villain Phase), but he has a card that puts him on par with everyone else. In addition, once per phase (Villain & Hero) if he's in Hero form when he engages a Minion (Enemy in AH), he draws 2 cards. Oh, the exploits. Ms. Marvel is also great at removing Threat (AH Doom) or at attacking, whichever she needs. I feel she is the most versatile at both of those functions. Iron-Man has almost double the amount of cards in play as any other Identity (Investigator), he's weak and helpless early game, but unstoppable late game. I don't like how long his turns take, though. Black Panther is simpler, but weirder & wealthier than Iron-Man. He'll eventually put 4 cards in play that do nothing, but cost 2 to play. Then, he'll play 1 of his 5 "For Wakanda Event" cards which activate those 4 (Black Panther Upgrade (Asset)) cards. Whichever card you activate last roughly gets its effect doubled. Without exhausting those 4 upgrades. Lately, I've been enjoying Thor, but he is useless on managing Threat, so maybe Cap (America)?

I've kept the 4 class decks universal (not perfect for any 1 hero) so I can mix any class with any hero - makes for very easy pick-up-and-play.

I'm a Doc Strange and Black Panther fan since decades before the MCU gave them currency. But from what I've seen of it, I just don't think that the gameplay is for me. FFG has me on the hook for Arkham, and they'll have to be satisfied with that.

Good news everyone!

Weaver of the Cosmos is indeed available and not lost in Corona limbo. I just received my (English) copy through my local games store here in Germany.

Have fun and stay healthy!

Weaver of the Cosmos.jpg

@Soemann Yeah, that makes sense; the delay only applies to the United States.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, Soemann said:

Good news everyone!

Weaver of the Cosmos is indeed available and not lost in Corona limbo. I just received my (English) copy through my local games store here in Germany.

Weaver of the Cosmos.jpg

Our Upcoming page says "US release date: June | Latest update: 4/6/2020". So no dice here.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:55 AM, Soemann said:

Good news everyone!

Weaver of the Cosmos.jpg

Isn't this defeating the purpose? FFG made it sound like the biggest reason for delay was not wanting to ruin small businesses. But if it's only delaying U.S. until June, people are just going to buy it from international markets... Just feels like this should've been a global delay.

Did FFG give more info on all the delays somewhere?

2 hours ago, Joshuarleonard said:

Isn't this defeating the purpose? FFG made it sound like the biggest reason for delay was not wanting to ruin small businesses. But if it's only delaying U.S. until June, people are just going to buy it from international markets... Just feels like this should've been a global delay.

The delay is not only in the US. For some reason Scandinavian countries and Germany (and possibly a few others in Europe) sometimes get deliveries when other places don't. There is no sign of anything arriving in the UK any time soon.

we have made the difficult decision to postpone all new releases in the United States, effective immediately through the end of April 2020.

There are any number of reasons they may be handling it differently in the US compared to Europe. Location of distribution centers, proximity and intensity of outbreak in those areas, local guidelines and regulation, distributors and intermediate delivery systems...

Games coming from China destined for a global market generally head to three separate hubs based in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Depending on the volume they may use additional hubs. All of these have different transit times and may experience individual delays.

Most countries have a local distributor that sends out FFG products to that country’s stores. Even where that country has a named Asmodee Office they may simply be the local distributor trading as “Asmodee [Country].” Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee North America has very little control over what happens in these hubs, at those distributors or in individual foreign stores.

If you want to delay something in a hub or at a foreign distributor they will turn around as ask you to pay warehousing fees on a daily basis as they simply don’t have room for excess storage. A distributor isn’t going to sit on an entire nation’s supply of a single product and not take any money from 300-500 stores. A store isn’t going to sit on 10 copies of a product and refuse to sell it (particularly in the current health crisis). Especially based on the wishes of someone on a different continent who doesn’t even speak their language.

Sorry guys. I posted the "Good news" right when I got the pack (27th of March). Back then we weren't sure (as far as I know) whether the pack would be delayed at all, somewhere, or everywhere.

And then my post got stuck in limbo for weeks...

The day has finally arrived!
Weaver and Baalshandor are Shipping! 180310A6-8AB3-4956-A033-49004ECA13B2.thumb.jpeg.da98eb09a2c528399a82bc0662414b7a.jpeg

Edited by Mimi61
12 minutes ago, Mimi61 said:

The day has finally arrived!
Weaver and Baalshandor are Shipping!

*checks calendar*
*checks game shelf*

I love this thread, remaining useful since 2018

Had my shipping notification for Weaver of the Cosmos this afternoon. Finally going to be able to finish the campaign!

28 minutes ago, CaffeineAddict said:

Had my shipping notification for Weaver of the Cosmos this afternoon. Finally going to be able to finish the campaign!

I feel ya! I am so ready to take apart my decks haha. I need those player cards for other campaigns!

6/5/2020:

• Blood of Baalshandor
  • Weaver of the Cosmos

July:

• The Blob that Ate Everything

August:

• Return to the Forgotten Age
  • Nathaniel Cho Investigator Starter Deck
  • Harvey Walters Investigator Starter Deck
  • Jacqueline Fine Investigator Starter Deck
  • Winifred Habbamock Investigator Starter Deck
  • Stella Clark Investigator Starter Deck

September

• n/a

October

• The Innsmouth Conspiracies
10 hours ago, Duciris said:

6/5/2020:

• Blood of Baalshandor
  • Weaver of the Cosmos

July:

• The Blob that Ate Everything

August:

• Return to the Forgotten Age
  • Nathaniel Cho Investigator Starter Deck
  • Harvey Walters Investigator Starter Deck
  • Jacqueline Fine Investigator Starter Deck
  • Winifred Habbamock Investigator Starter Deck
  • Stella Clark Investigator Starter Deck

September

• n/a

October

• The Innsmouth Conspiracies

I would love to know if they are ever going to release Barkham.

August looks expensive.

1 hour ago, Dr Dee said:

August looks expensive.

I am torn between giving your comment the "sad" or "haha" reaction

On 5/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, Soakman said:

I feel ya! I am so ready to take apart my decks haha. I need those player cards for other campaigns!

Finally arrived today! Tomorrow, the campaign finally finishes...!

On 5/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, CaffeineAddict said:

Finally arrived today! Tomorrow, the campaign finally finishes...!

Well, as final scenarios go, that one (though mechanically interesting) seemed....easy? A bit anti-climactic after the wait.