2.0 Upgrade cards creator

By Fordawn, in X-Wing

I'll put a new version of the website online soon.

I fixed the vertical alignment, symbol integration and added the gallery.

ASTROMECH-REPAIR-TEAM-red-Leader23-2.png VETERAN-BOMBER-fordawn-3.png

ANTI-PURSUIT-LASERS-fordawn-5.png EXPERT-RELOADER-fordawn-4.png

Love your work! Inspired me to build a set of cards for one of the campaigns I run. Any news on when the site update will be? And will configs be part of that update?

Thanks I actually updated the website just after my message but forgot to post that here. I am working on the pilot part today, maybe I'll update the website around 7 PM GMT if i manage to finish it. By configs you mean just the upgrade with "config" icon or 2 sided cards? For now i have done neither of them.

Awesome work! But the one thing I think is missing is the right font.

On the cards? This one is the closest I found. If someone can find the font file they use it will be great, but I don't think it is that easy.

PROTECTIVE%20GUNNER_Captain%20Lackwit_1.

No art on this one, too early in the morning for me to care to.

But it's an idea I had for a while now.

4 hours ago, Fordawn said:

Thanks I actually updated the website just after my message but forgot to post that here. I am working on the pilot part today, maybe I'll update the website around 7 PM GMT if i manage to finish it. By configs you mean just the upgrade with "config" icon or 2 sided cards? For now i have done neither of them.

I just want to say thanks - it's a great tool. Actually used it for our cake stand for a charity event last weekend to create the labels....

Looking forward to the pilot cards.

Got a few more.

qTL1cZNjR8jTtDYCcJv3-E-_XdeDx-0DwY1cNcmrTTK_IP5VCgd0fA9XfwI_Crz0P9JPY8kRNOig0MQr20SYJW6mpQE0-BVe1_kBmlKgh9MbKTIoYvI7RyyRv2NySc9-NpTLChBh U5CD6KOMMfLfGOUIM3Mp6X89bJ5TzcBu5e_roq-qA4eGJA3kHu1oqtCFKuEbJhwHefTGxGxPHcdoBttXRW6JiaPc3gxOqzhsJ0G-dme2-2oFgPGHotJ-RLYQsHGRoSLOv6FKc8Br I-Jv48sluBmJ24CgigOmfGsRjnNCr-F29hY9YTH0pvacFRZVN5oiykGaKHm5O_9qR0-b5Sj829dX57c2jPNPir5OGYOAx8Lq_IyW5ndjojpYpYUdTlN-ZClNfTJ3JkFXHpaM7dnR vtIwB-NLyTSyPt_PEQgcXbZ9TilGoaVfG51NyYtcpe_IzfJ8B5ppiQTPx3O7gdilcg4vpFbs88SWWjl-4T052KwDHj7iYrTRvvEO6oJjPWOuryNGIkLmLxI21kxgzMxzGDeIS9Q-

I found a small problem when trying to fit an attack, action, and charges on the same card (shown with "Hot Shot" Blaster ); though, I would say that it isn't the most pressing concern. I would much prefer being able to make pilot cards.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:08 PM, Magnus Grendel said:

I just want to say thanks - it's a great tool. Actually used it for our cake stand for a charity event last weekend to create the labels....

Looking forward to the pilot cards.

Thanks that's cool

11 hours ago, N-TheFryer said:

I found a small problem when trying to fit an attack, action, and charges on the same card (shown with "Hot Shot" Blaster ); though, I would say that it isn't the most pressing concern. I would much prefer being able to make pilot cards.

Yeah I was'n expecting people to fit attacks actions and charges on the same card but I can easily fix that. For the pilot cards I am working on them, I am currently having some issues with the main text.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:39 AM, Fordawn said:

On the cards? This one is the closest I found. If someone can find the font file they use it will be great, but I don't think it is that easy.

I found a Reddit thread on the subject which appears to have identified the fonts as BankGothic Md BT (ship/pilot name), Eurostile LT Std (card text) and Kimberly (stats).

Edited by PhantomFO

I tested them and the cards look much better. I will work on the website again this Sunday

Thank you for this. I’m so stoked to hand out Archer-themed alt-art Duchess cards again at tourneys.

Because it's not in the game yet. Which is weird, because they were in 1.0 and these would be amazing counters to droid swarms. (Yeah, I know it's supposed to say "Bomb" above the paragraph, but I can't get the text box on the website to edit that in correctly.)

Ion_Bombs.png

Reference card :

At the end of the Activation Phase, this device detonates. When this device detonates, each ship at range 0-1 gains 1 ion token.

Edited by ImperialAce95
parentheses

Some problems that I see about said Ion Bombs: it doesn't affect medium or large-base ships unless multiple bombs are involved.

I didn't want the bombs to instantly ionize everything at range 0-1 when it detonates, because I think that that would be a little too much.

So, here's an alternate idea >>

Reference  card:

System: After you drop an Ion Bomb token, place 4 Ion tokens on this card.

At the end of the Activation  Phase, this device detonates. When this device detonates, you must remove 4 ion tokens and assign them to ships at range 0-1 of the bomb token. When you assign ion tokens this way, ships that are Ionized cannot be assigned any more ion tokens, unless there are no more ships in range that are not Ionized.

This way, enemy large base ships can be affected, but the owner's own ships aren't immune as well. In other words:

Scenario 1: 1 to 4 small ships are ionized

Scenario 2: 1 to 2 medium ships are ionized

Scenario 3: 1 to 2 small ships and 1 medium ship are ionized

Scenario 4: 1 small ship and 1 large ship is ionized

Edited by ImperialAce95

So I wanted to make a card that recreated the scene in SOLO when Han slams the falcon against the tie fighter.

Side_Slam.png

Ships that can use this card:

JumpMaster 5000

Sith Infiltrator

YT-1300 (Scum)

YT-1300 (Rebel)

YT-1300 (Resistance)

YT-2400 Light Freighter

Ships that can't use this card:

Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle

Lancer-class Pursuit Craft

MG-100 StarFortress

Upsilon-class Command Shuttle

VCX-100 Light Freighter

VT-49 Decimator

YV-666 Light Freighter

Edited by ImperialAce95
13 minutes ago, ImperialAce95 said:

So I wanted to make a card that recreated the scene in SOLO when Han slams the falcon against the tie fighter.

Side_Slam.png

I actually REALLY like this, but I'd change the damage your ship receives to rolling a red die roll depending on points.

1 hour ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

I actually REALLY like this, but I'd change the damage your ship receives to rolling a red die roll depending on points.

That's an interesting idea, but I wanted to have a bit more downside to using this, in addition to the stress from failing a red action. Which is also why I made it unique, didn't want people spamming large base ships with this. Damaging yourself also puts a hard cap on how many times it can be used, rolling a red die might enable you to do it a lot more times in a game. This card could also be a powerful psychological weapon to your opponent by anyone decent at flying. Dunno, auto damage during activation that can be used at any initiative feels a bit too much like 1.0.

FFG.

Please.

Viper_Probe_Droids.png.1fc43e614ef88488d41d6df329508049.png

Hey cool designs! I haven't worked on the website this week, I will update the website next wednesday or thursday.

First of all, amazing work!! This generator has really helped me with a custom campaign I'm working on.

Support.png.3fe2754424dc0673e771843786641e77.png z95-i1-Reconnaissance.png.b999ec8d5a2bef9ecc5f69c65c286376.png

Waiting for the "Configuration" cards to be included, no need to be double-sided.

Also, one note if you try to break line (with Enter) in the text box, text lines go crazy. Example below.

Sample.png.7a68de6b02799faf10948a5076bbefe7.png

Edited by Tynsca

I haven't got much time recently. Configurations and line break are the first things i will work on when i get back to the website

Fantastic system! I've been playing with it for hours! Here's what I've come up with and some ideas for points: 20190403_072838.jpg.1ea70ebbeecf130bc252aa4b4f993ca1.jpg

10 points.