2.0 Upgrade cards creator

By Fordawn, in X-Wing

Hi,

I am making a webpage to create 2.0 upgrade cards (maybe pilot cards at one point if some of you are interested). I plan to put it online soon, it is curently only on my computer.

It is functional but I have some issues with image compression and text alignment so it is still in developpment.
For those interested, it is written in PHP and the code can be found here https://github.com/Alexandre-Moreau/xwing-card-creator .

Here are some examples of the page and the cards:

https://ibb.co/mdaggU (screenshot is too big for direct upload)

Edit: The website is here: http://x-wing-cardcreator.com

Grand_admiral_thrawn.png.e15c2324dd8dc3b451cd13ec39454770.png Anti_poursuit_lasers.png.2972bcd1f37d8e9417f06cf3256f5820.png

proton_torpedoes.png.f3e07a5636541e108754fd675584b206.png

Also if you have design ideas, just write them and i will show how the card look.

Edited by Fordawn

Anti pour suit lasers?

Yeah... And I forgot to remove the "limited" dot.

Anti-Pursuit_Lasers.png.08c28a1edde562cedcdcbbf51090e81e.png

Does anyone know if i can use a name like x-wing-cardcreator.com or this could lead to legal problems?

The website is online

Oh boy. Yes. YES...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

So what do you need to make pilot cards? :D

Just now, Commander Kaine said:

Oh boy. Yes. YES...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Glad you like it. Took me some time

Just now, Commander Kaine said:

So what do you need to make pilot cards?  :D

Time ? . A lot of it

2 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Anti pour suit lasers?

Yea, Palpatine has his servants boil oil that is chucked out at ships that get in his rear arc. :P

I had a slightly different idea for Anti-Pursuit Lasers. Something like "You may make <rear arc> attacks at Range 0."

Perhaps not quite as generally useful as your version, but potentially a lot of fun on a ship like the Lambda, when used as a roadblock!

4 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Something like "You may make <rear arc> attacks at Range 0."

Cool design. I have not yet integrated the arc and maneuvers symbols, but attack range starts at 0 so you could try something similar to your idea.

I also changed the font and restrictions, the cards look cleaner now.

Btw if you have questions or need help to understand something just ask. I created the design alone, I don't know if it is user friendly or easy to understand/use.

Here's what I've come up with so far: _Leebo_.png.2e7ee5d9e9d58a54ec91e63466cb21fa.png Dash_Rendar.png.3029efc125c01c05ad72c8141524537b.png 385395125_LinkedBattery.jpg.dd13ed2e1be08fc4086f7c0bec4c0c85.jpg

That Linked Battery would be nuts-level good. ?

Seing the website being used is very satisfying :D

And as you can see I couldn't find any quality image with the cannon logo so there is just an empty circle for now

8 hours ago, Arma Quattro said:

That Linked Battery would be nuts-level good. ?

Small only, needs a Cannon, and only procs after a special attack. So, the B-Wing NEEDS it, the Defender had it in 1.0 and wants it back but maybe can't afford it, and the Gunboat doesn't get much but a two dice attack out of it.

And there's literally nothing else in the game that can use it. It probably should be 6pts?

Good Trick...

Good_Trick (1).png

Edited by Shockley

X-wing really needs Hondo Ohnaka (I hope FFG will do a Scum Sentinel or Luxury Yhact 3000 with him in.)

Also, great website.

D0445B52-B4F0-4C56-9FCA-FD7D6DD583CE.jpeg

On 8/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, Commander Kaine said:

So what do you need to make pilot cards? :D

This.

Cool design. I love the Ohnaka crew

14 hours ago, Shockley said:

This.

Just give me some time, I am on vacation now. I think I will do it on the end of the month.

I made a Reddit post here where I explained that I will finish the upgrade cards, make a pilot card creator and maybe a gallery of the latest design with a button to save your card after creating it to add it to the gallery. If you have suggestions or questions (design, functionalities...) I am here to answer.

Impressive card creator. I would like to have more control over what portion of my selected image is in the frame. I'd experiment with cropping my uploaded photo more but I'm using my phone browser.

This is good enough for now:

download.jpg

I don't seem to be able to add any actions, only: Reload, rotate arc, or target lock.

:/

Also, there is no way to create Configuration cards.

Awesome! Any chance there will be force, in addition to charges?

Actions don't work yet, and for the configuration it will take me some time because the position of the elements is not the same.

For the image, it currently takes the top part if the image has a higher ratio than 238x120px and the left part if the image is wider. It doesn't take the center part of the image. It crops to the largest rectangle with a 1.98x1 ratio on the top left of the selected image.

I am currently working on a new design, i will put the new website online around 3:00 PM gmt. Force is coming also

Edited by Fordawn

New website is online ?

I replaced the drop down lists by clickable icons and made a simpler design. Force has been added also.