Custom Guardians

By dkw, in Fan Creations

Okay, this makes more sense... a 2-sided guardian sheet.

KarmaGuardian1-Front-Face.jpg

KarmaGuardian2-Front-Face.jpg

What is a gaurdian?

I don't actually have the expansion for Guardians yet, but felt like making nothing but investigators could get boring quickly. Thats why I made this. Tell me what you think but please bare in mind I haven't played with any yet, so don't really know what to expect :P

HowardPre.jpg

The larger file can be found here: javascript:void(0);/*1285674265228*/

HowardPre.jpg

this sounds like a very strong positive effect on the game, especially cost of spells reduced by 1...

maybe you should consider remove this effect.

The general idea was an "Easy Mode" for new players really. As I have noticed that with some of my friends, the first thing they wind up doing is spending a lot of their sanity really quickly with spells and such. I wanted to make it a little easier on them whilst they get more used to the game.

An update of my previous Karma guardian...

KarmaGuardian1-Front-Face.jpg

KarmaGuardian2-Front-Face.jpg

karma_token4a.png karma_token4b.png

Here is Anahera, a Guardian I made a while back. I'm reposting her because I made Azrael who is meant to be her counterpoint for Avi's heraldify your guardian thread. I'll see if I can include the card deck in this post also, but if not, mebbe a link. We'll see how it goes... :)

secard89847561396677578.jpg

Here is a link to the deck, you would print 2 copies of each card (sorry it's upside down, you can use Adobe to flip it over):

javascript:void(0);/*1301261627140*/

Nice. I like that one.

My first stab at a Guardian, Cthulhu's benevolent brother Kthanid.

Kthanid-Front-Face.jpg

I'd say ineretsting, but pretty much insanely overpowered.Especially the final fight thing. Removing 4 Dooms is HUGE against many Goos

So, scale it down a bit? 2 Doom Tokens?

doubleatotheron said:

So, scale it down a bit? 2 Doom Tokens?

Yeah (I don't usually comment in this thread though). Also, clarify if more than one investigator can use it. I.e. if only one say, "Only one investigator can choose to be devoured," or something.

Maybe the doom tokens removed should equal the number of seals you have on the board. Sure this could be 4 or 5, but it could easily be less - especially against turbo GOOs with low Doom tracks. Also this means the effect is then dependent on how well the Investigators have actually played.

What about lowering the number of successes required to remove a doomer by one, in case there are at least three investigators in the party? In case of two (one) investigators, remove two (one) doomer at the start of the final battle.

I think Julia's suggestion is nice. As it is now, it is too strong. (especially if more than one investigator can volunteer for the sacrifice). I do not know if someone would ever activate the first part.

What about, you sacrifice your gate trophy and roll a die. on 3-5, you get 2 clues, on 1-2 you are cursed... sounds like more of a challenge.

The same logic could apply to the elder sign (which I found already very powerful, there might be not need to make them even more powerful) and even for the ultimate sacrifice :) ). You can try something 2/3 it will be positive but in 1/3 it is worst ...

Here's the rework of Kthanid

Kthanid-FrontFace.jpg

doubleatotheron said:

Here's the rework of Kthanid

Kthanid-FrontFace.jpg

On the "Light of Kthanid," the "3 or less players" version of the ability seems like it really only makes sense for 3 players. For 2 players, you don't get much benefit, especially considering you're giving up one of your two investigators. I think Julia's suggestion that you seem to have used here said it was for at least 3, not 3 or less ? That would make more sense to me.

Sdrolion said:

On the "Light of Kthanid," the "3 or less players" version of the ability seems like it really only makes sense for 3 players. For 2 players, you don't get much benefit, especially considering you're giving up one of your two investigators. I think Julia's suggestion that you seem to have used here said it was for at least 3, not 3 or less ? That would make more sense to me.

Consider that with the way it's writen with 2 investigators allowing one to be devoured would reduce the required successes to 0 this would be an auto-win.

Sdrolion said:

I think Julia's suggestion that you seem to have used here said it was for at least 3, not 3 or less ? That would make more sense to me.

Your toughts about Julia's suggestion are right :-) especially because a party of 2 investigators in this way will easilly nuke all AOs in the game

Alright, revised once more(and hopefully last time).

Kthanid-Front-Face.jpg

Here's my idea for Yithians as Guardians. Yithians are actually a benign race who don't intend to harm humans, but their appearance does tend to frighten almost any human who see them.

Yithians-Front-Face.jpg

funny enough, I just made a herald out of the Yithians... I'll translate it and post it in the adequate thread asap.

As for your guardian, it seems interesting, though I doubt it will affect the game really. You may think about boosting some of the effects (make the Ythians appear more often ?)

jeremyj621 said:

Here's my idea for Yithians as Guardians. Yithians are actually a benign race who don't intend to harm humans, but their appearance does tend to frighten almost any human who see them.

Yithians-Front-Face.jpg

revisions:

Under "City of the Great Race": Whenever a new gate opens (regardless of where it leads), if there are any Yithians on this sheet, place one on the new gate along with the other monster(s). If a monster surge occurs and there are Yithians on this sheet, place one Yithian along with the other monsters. The Yithian is not counted as part of the monster surge. Whevever a Yithian is defeated or removed from the board, place it on this sheet.

Yithians as Guardians, final revision

After further playtesting and tweaking, I came up with this version. Yithians now appear whenever there is a monster surge, not when a new gate opens, making their appearance more rare but not so much so that they have almost no impact on game play. Also, whenever an investigators uses a Yithian Gift, the Yithian is removed from the board. This prevents players from staying in the same location as a Yithian and repeatedly using the Yithians' special abilities.

Yithians_revised.jpg

alright. I'll test it next game :-)

you could use the </i> tag to avoid having everything italicized (hum.... is italic related to Italy ? Julia ?)