Custom Guardians

By dkw, in Fan Creations

The Mad Spirit of Abdul Alhazred, although I could not find a decent image of either the Mad Arab or a Ghostly Visage, so I was left with the Default Strange Eons Herald/Guardian Picture that can't be removed.

Mad-Spirit-of-Abdul-Alhazred-Front-.png

This is a good guardian, but probably not too good. He's not as good as Hypnos but better the Bast and maybe better than Nodens. We hardly ever fight the AO so rule 4 won't mean much. Immunity degradation is probably pretty helpful, especially against the Colour out of Space. The Other World bonus will almost always be helpful. Combined with Cthulhu, the sanity loss could be major. There's several investigators that will have only one sanity through out the game.

Also, since you have the room, a little more flavor text to explain why you believe the Mad Arab will be so helpful would be nice.

This guardian is the second part of the Yunus set. See the Custom Heralds Thread for more information.

Yunus-Front-Side.png

STORY:

Yunus has regained his memories of the dreaded Ancient One. Now he devotes himself to helping out the investigators stop this evil from awakening in Arkham.

ABILITIES:

May The Light Protect You

During Combat: When an investigator fails a combat check against a monster, roll a die. If the result is between 1 and 4 (including 1 and 4) the investigator takes no damage.

Reaching Out

When an investigator is Lost in Time and Space, Yunus brings that investigator back to Arkham immediately. Place that investigator in the Church with full health and stamina.

I Shall Assist You

Final Battle: After all investigators are finished attacking, each investigator rolls a die. Every 5 or 6 counts as a success against the Ancient One.

I Will Stop You Here!

If the Ancient One wins the battle, each investigator makes one last desperate attack along with Yunus. Each investigator uses ONLY his FIGHT score in this last attack, and ignores the Ancient One's combat modifier. Yunus also attacks once after all investigators are finished attacking as it is described above. If the Ancient One is defeated like this, the investigators win.

asclepiusiv0.jpg

my first guardian made with Strange aeons 2.00. the idea was to add a greek god to the game. Asclepius was my choice because his Jesus-like life, he was a human turned to god. healed the sick and raised the dead. even today, the hospitals and farmacys has the the snake in their logos. this snake is from Asclepius as he has a rod where is a snake.

so what do you think? ill add some pics of the herb-cards soon.

asclepiuscardsis1.jpg

here are the HERB cards so far.

Here is a guardian to help you guys.

There is not enough guardians so our group has been on a mission to create more guardians.

Here is one of them.

Hestia-Front-Side.png

Here is my first attempt at a custom Guardian.

It was inspired by the story "Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath".

Please provide some feedback.

Richard-Upton-Pickman-Front-Side.png

I now realize that it's hard to read the text under the picture, I'll have to resize it so all the text can be read.

Export the file using the "I want to post this on the Web" option, and that should make it easier to read. If not, you will need to do that and make sure it is 800 x 600 size or smaller.

Richard-Upton-Pickman-Front-Side.png

The Nightgunt Alliance should bring you to the first area of any other world, not "any" other world location. Having people encounter a Nightgaunt during the Movement phase to jump directly to the second portion of Yuggoth would simply make the game too easy.

-Frank

Frank said:

The Nightgunt Alliance should bring you to the first area of any other world, not "any" other world location. Having people encounter a Nightgaunt during the Movement phase to jump directly to the second portion of Yuggoth would simply make the game too easy.

-Frank

Heh... In either case if you have find gate you can then just teleport out and seal the gate on the same turn ;') You shouldn't have the movement aspect happen until the arkham encounters phase (this will make it so they can't cast find gate that turn).

The flavor on Colt is a little strange, but this is Arkham Horror, we're used to strange. Other than that, he's awesome! I'd love to play with him.

Can we get .eons?

Hadanelith said:

The flavor on Colt is a little strange, but this is Arkham Horror, we're used to strange. Other than that, he's awesome! I'd love to play with him.

Can we get .eons?

Tnx. And sure: rapidshare.com/files/206973619/guardian.rar.html

and btw, the flavor will only make sense to those who watch Supernatural.

Card Deck 1 Card Deck 2 Deck 3 Card Deck 4

If you can't read that, it says:

Xuo: Veteran Guardian

When Xuo is the Guardian, shuffle the Xuo's Influence and Xuo's Fortune decks and place them near the board at the start of the game.

Xuo has saved the planet from various Ancient Ones three times now. He's getting tired of it.

When setting up the game, shuffle the Xuo's Influence deck, turn over three of those cards, and put them into play. These cards have beneficial effects for the Investigators. They may be discarded at any time by any player to remove a doom token from the Ancient One's doom track.

At the end of each Mythos Phase, the first player rolls a die. On a success, that player shuffles the Xuo's Fortune deck, draws a card, and takes its effect. The card is then returned to the deck.

If the Ancient One awakens, immediately discard any Xuo's Influence cards that are still in play and remove that many doom tokens from the Ancient One's doom track. Then, if you're using the Epic Battle rules, shuffle the three Small Favors cards into the Battle deck. Put the deck of Xuo's Interference cards next to the Ancient One's Plot deck.

There is a Herald who acts as foil to Xuo. View the whole gallery (of both Guardian and Herald) here: http://img5.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=carddeck1.jpg

I like Xuo, but he is insanely overpowered IMHO. Even one of the effects alone would make for a strong Guardian.

I'll admit that he's insanely overpowered in comparison to the other Guardians. But he's balanced against the Herald I made, Fah'ic. If you're playing with both, they balance each other out.

You might want to consider making a stand alone version of both yoru Guardian and Herald, so they don't have to both be used in order to get the most out of them.

Alright, have Xuo not produce any free Influence cards at the start of the game. If you're lucky, you'll still get one or two anyway, through the Fortune card that gives you an Influence.

Also, feel free to ignore the "Small Favors"/Interference cards.

Similarly, to make Fah'ic less scary, don't produce any Impact cards at the start of the game. You'll still probably get one or two through the Curse card that gives you an Impact.

carddeck1.jpg

Uhhhh... Isn't that He-Man on Battlecat?

Avi_dreader said:

No matter how hard I tried and how many times I've read this post I couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry.

kroen said:

Avi_dreader said:

No matter how hard I tried and how many times I've read this post I couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry.

::Laughter:: I see... I guess you don't realize what art it was you used.

http://www.latinoreview.com/images/upload/newspic4765.jpg

http://www.figurerealm.com/Customs/6500/6186-4.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man_and_the_Masters_of_the_Universe

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is an American animated television series produced by Filmation based on Mattel's successful toy line Masters of the Universe. The show, often referred to as simply He-Man, was one of the most popular animated children's shows of the 1980s and has retained a heavy following to this day both in America and worldwide."

I was pretty amused when I saw your herald picture. I could recognize who it was instantly (from the sword and the glowing insignia on the chest, not to mention Battle-Cat).