Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

It shouldn't take long, if you want you can do your astrogation check and the droids should be ready when you're done.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

It shouldn't take long, if you want you can do your astrogation check and the droids should be ready when you're done.

OK. They know what to look for, including any "unwelcome surprises", such as the tracking beckon we found last game.

@Rabobankrider , what's the difficulty for the astrogation check?

I'd say easy, Manaan is pretty well known.

9 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'd say easy, Manaan is pretty well known.

Astrogation : 2eA+1eP+4eF+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-s-s.png a-s.png p-tr.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png d--.png d-th.png

I'll use the LSPs as Advantages to cancel out that one threat, and the other three to reduce the travel time. ( I actually rolled one extra Difficulty Die ? ) I'll use that to learn some "valuable, previously unknown information"(114 F&D), such as a much quicker and safer route, perhaps, or whatever else might be appropriate.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I'd say you'd be able to plot a course that would be best for avoiding first order patrols etc. That'd be handy

15 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'd say you'd be able to plot a course that would be best for avoiding first order patrols etc. That'd be handy

OK, Going from the Expansion Region to the Inner Rim normally takes between three days and a week with a Class 1 Hyperdrive (which the Jedi Star has), Manaan (Coordinates O-11) is on the opposite side of the Core from the Ring of Kafrene (Coordinates J-15), so I'm guessing it's closer to a week. With the three uncancelled Advantages reducing the travel time, and the Triumph, how much time am I saving?

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I'd say you could probably get it down to a few days with that.

26 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'd say you could probably get it down to a few days with that.

So, you got an IC ready? @CathyKitten , @Stormbourne , want to chime in in the IC thread too? As soon as Preflight's done and everyone's set, we're taking off.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Stormbourne , you do realize that there are no chairs in the galley, they’re in the lounge.

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Stormbourne , you do realize that there are no chairs in the galley, they’re in the lounge.

where ever the nearest chair is is where im setting up with my food\

2 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

where ever the nearest chair is is where im setting up with my food\

Also, the lounge seats have built in safety restraints to buckle in, just like the Falcon had in ANH.

@Rabobankrider , I need a response from the control tower.

@Tramp Graphics , remember when I said I wouldn't be able to post on a regular basis? I will get to posts when I can but you really are going to need to be patient.

@CathyKitten , Ro’ka is being awakened.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@CathyKitten , Ro’ka is being awakened.

Are we REALLY going to role play two days worth? I know i am new to PBP but its very odd that you want to do every little detail. I think the game would move faster if we cut to the important parts, instead of roleplaying interactions with control towers and discussions of mead. I thought this was going to be fun but you are just bossing everyone, including the GM.

41 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Are we REALLY going to role play two days worth? I know i am new to PBP but its very odd that you want to do every little detail. I think the game would move faster if we cut to the important parts, instead of roleplaying interactions with control towers and discussions of mead. I thought this was going to be fun but you are just bossing everyone, including the GM.

Actually there are some important interactions we need to do during the trip. I’m not trying to be “bossy”.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Actually there are some important interactions we need to do during the trip. I’m not trying to be “bossy”.

You may NEED to do them. I do not. I wish to keep the story moving.

You and Korath could learn some manners. Telling someone they have to do as you say my be your verison of fun, but it is not mine.

40 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

You may NEED to do them. I do not. I wish to keep the story moving.

You and Korath could learn some manners. Telling someone they have to do as you say my be your verison of fun, but it is not mine.

So do I. Part of the story is finding and training Force users. Korath still needs to confirm your Ro’Ka’s Force sensitivity, (and inform/convince her of it), which requires role play. So Korath needs to test your character. Also, the two of them were never formally introduced.

Not only that, but the two need to plan out their mission on Manaan and acquaint ourselves with our new “guest”. This includes briefing each other with the information we each have.

Also remember that a significant portion of the role playing is going to take place in hyperspace as training. The ship is a training vessel after all.

Thus, there are several things our characters need to discuss before they arrive at Manaan.

Now, not all of this needs to be role played in detail, though some does, but it does need to be, at the very least, narrated.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

(Poof...)

If I may offer a bit of advice from an outsider but a fairly seasoned PbP'er: Prolonging the moment when your entire party is assembled is like poison to a play-by-post game. People are notoriously fickle in PbP, so I can only imagine that people whose characters haven't even been introduced yet will be fickler still, losing interest, getting annoyed to have to wait weeks or months before they start playing, and (worst case) simply dropping out. I'm, again, just an outsider, but I'd strongly recommend you all hand wave past all these introductions and get to the point where all your characters have already been assembled on the Jedi Star . Then the GM (or players) can do a (quick) summary of how you all got together, and the real adventure can begin.

(Disappearing into the lurk-ether again...)

I think @SavageBob has the right idea here. I didn't anticipate how long it was going to take for the party to gather, so that's my bad. For the sake of actually getting to the good stuff, how would people feel about me making an overarching summary to explain your characters gathering? I think @Tramp Graphics wanted to end with the party gathering on Mandalore, so I can work that. I think the easiest way is to just vote on it and see how it turns out. If you guys do want to carry on the way things are, we can, but I think that the summary at this stage is the better option.

So:

What do you guys want to do?

If we are going to do the summary I will need all padawan characters sorted as well.

7 hours ago, SavageBob said:

(Poof...)

If I may offer a bit of advice from an outsider but a fairly seasoned PbP'er: Prolonging the moment when your entire party is assembled is like poison to a play-by-post game. People are notoriously fickle in PbP, so I can only imagine that people whose characters haven't even been introduced yet will be fickler still, losing interest, getting annoyed to have to wait weeks or months before they start playing, and (worst case) simply dropping out. I'm, again, just an outsider, but I'd strongly recommend you all hand wave past all these introductions and get to the point where all your characters have already been assembled on the Jedi Star . Then the GM (or players) can do a (quick) summary of how you all got together, and the real adventure can begin.

(Disappearing into the lurk-ether again...)

Instead of lurking, why don't you join in. There's still room.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think @SavageBob has the right idea here. I didn't anticipate how long it was going to take for the party to gather, so that's my bad. For the sake of actually getting to the good stuff, how would people feel about me making an overarching summary to explain your characters gathering? I think @Tramp Graphics wanted to end with the party gathering on Mandalore, so I can work that. I think the easiest way is to just vote on it and see how it turns out. If you guys do want to carry on the way things are, we can, but I think that the summary at this stage is the better option.

So:

If we are going to do the summary I will need all padawan characters sorted as well.

The main reason why I want to introduce each character individually, is to allow for those (who are Force sensitive) who haven't yet discovered their Force sensitivity the opportunity to do so as they join the party, and thus, give them a reason to join, as well as for each character to get some "one-on-one" role play as they're introduced. I agree, I didn't expect it to take quite this long, but still.

I think at this stage it'd be best for people to have a chance to discover all that during the proper game sessions. To be fair it'll make for some nice character development, and provide some long term potential for sessions. Either that or you run the risk of losing players from waiting around.

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

So:

your going to find this the most infuriating and most accommodating part of me but meh.