Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@EliasWindrider , fair enough.

@Tramp Graphics , unless you can find another gm to carry on after me, or if you are going to gm, this game is effectively done. I recommend you do what multiple people have said, and write the story of Rei and Korath as a fanfic.

@Jonas Shaaf , @AtariAssasin , if you want you can join the other games I run. @EliasWindrider , I would offer this to you, but as @Tramp Graphics is currently a member of those games, there's no way in **** that I am having you two play together with me as gm. Sorry.

If I have to take over, for a session or two, I will. It's a little earlier than I planned though. I have repeatedly apologized to Elias over this misunderstanding, because that is what it is, a misunderstanding. I was simply responding to the situation that had developed as my character would have, given her rigid Mandalorian code of values, and trying to create an interesting role-playing opportunity for our characters, not create bad blood. Should I have discussed that with him first? probably, but Hindsight is 20/20.

If he's willing to accept it and let bygones be bygones, That would be best. But, if he won't accept my apology, there's nothing more I can do.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

If I have to take over, for a session or two, I will. It's a little earlier than I planned though. I have repeatedly apologized to Elias over this misunderstanding, because that is what it is, a misunderstanding. I was simply responding to the situation that had developed as my character would have, given her rigid Mandalorian code of values, and trying to create an interesting role-playing opportunity for our characters, not create bad blood. Should I have discussed that with him first? probably, but Hindsight is 20/20.

If he's willing to accept it and let bygones be bygones, That would be best. But, if he won't accept my apology, there's nothing more I can do.

Arguing to get your way in the same PM no less defeats the purpose of apologizing for arguing.

@Tramp Graphics , I would recommend that if you ae trying to apologise, you don't try to justify your actions during the apology.

Now, if @Jonas Shaaf and @AtariAssasin are willing to accept you as gm, I will continue. If not, you will need to find some players willing to play with you first. Untill then this game is effectively frozen.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , I would recommend that if you ae trying to apologise, you don't try to justify your actions during the apology.

Now, if @Jonas Shaaf and @AtariAssasin are willing to accept you as gm, I will continue. If not, you will need to find some players willing to play with you first. Untill then this game is effectively frozen.

This is key, and I wanted to emphasize it explicitly so that Tramp remembers it in future circumstances. but regardless I'm out.

20 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

18 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

This is key, and I wanted to emphasize it explicitly so that Tramp remembers it in future circumstances. but regardless I'm out.

Well, I wasn't trying to justify anything or argue a point, just trying to clear up any misunderstandings.

23 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Well, I wasn't trying to justify anything or argue a point, just trying to clear up any misunderstandings.

The problem is you apparently don't know how to communicate without arguing.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The problem is you apparently don't know how to communicate without arguing.

My last PM to you wasn't arguing. I was simply explaining my intent, in order to clear up this misunderstanding so you'd understand that this wasn't an attack against you or your character personally, and asking for a compromise. If you can't tell the difference, then there's nothing more I can say on the matter.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

My last PM to you wasn't arguing. I was simply explaining my intent, in order to clear up this misunderstanding so you'd understand that this wasn't an attack against you or your character personally, and asking for a compromise. If you can't tell the difference, then there's nothing more I can say on the matter.

If that's you when you're "NOT" (sort of scare quotes) arguing then you have firmly established that you don't know how to communicate without arguing. Oh and by the way you're arguing now. Trying to justify your/your-character's bad behavior as just good roleplaying to convince me to come back to the game I had already quit is both arguing and self defeating. You seem think that I misunderstood your intent and also seem to be under the delusion that explaining/convincing me that there was "no" (sort of scare quotes) ill intent behind your behavior will get me to excuse it and rejoin the game. Even if I didn't understand your reasons, you've past the point where your excuses/explanations matter/make a difference.

@Tramp Graphics , @EliasWindrider , do I need to say say 'take it off the ooc' for a third time?

Until the others confirm that they want to continue, or you find some other players, there's not much more to do here.

22 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If that's you when you're "NOT" (sort of scare quotes) arguing then you have firmly established that you don't know how to communicate without arguing. Oh and by the way you're arguing now. Trying to justify your/your-character's bad behavior as just good roleplaying to convince me to come back to the game I had already quit is both arguing and self defeating. You seem think that I misunderstood your intent and also seem to be under the delusion that explaining/convincing me that there was "no" (sort of scare quotes) ill intent behind your behavior will get me to excuse it and rejoin the game. Even if I didn't understand your reasons, you've past the point where your excuses/explanations matter/make a difference.

Believe what you will; believe what you will.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , @EliasWindrider , do I need to say say 'take it off the ooc' for a third time?

Until the others confirm that they want to continue, or you find some other players, there's not much more to do here.

I’ve said my piece.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

I have no desire to continue playing. Thanks anyways.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:02 AM, AtariAssasin said:

I have no desire to continue playing. Thanks anyways.

Well, let's stick a fork in it!

18 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Well, let's stick a fork in it!

If I can get a couple of new players, would you be willing to keep going?

@Tramp Graphics are you looking to continue this game as the GM? Im looking for a game but wanted to wait until this one cooled off for a bit.

1 hour ago, RandiQuade said:

@Tramp Graphics are you looking to continue this game as the GM? Im looking for a game but wanted to wait until this one cooled off for a bit.

I've got one opening in a game I'm running

With character creation parameters here

2 hours ago, RandiQuade said:

If I can get a couple more players, and/or if @Jonas Shaaf and @Rabobankrider want to continue, absolutely .

3 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

If I can get a couple more players, and/or if @Jonas Shaaf and @Rabobankrider want to continue, absolutely .

Tag me in a post if you decide to continue.

I may be willing to re-join, on the condition that there are some assurances that there aren't any 'incidents' like every other version of this game that has run. Something does need to change otherwise it'll just be a waste of time. Also I do not intend to gm for a long while.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:20 PM, RandiQuade said:

Tag me in a post if you decide to continue.

Just waiting for final word from @Jonas Shaaf . Do you know what kind of characters you want to play? You need one starting F&D character and one 2000 XP "signature" character whose career and specs can be from any of the three lines as well as the Jedi career and specs from Rise of the Separatists and Collapse of the Republic; just no Clones or Retired Clone Troopers.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:17 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

Just waiting for final word from @Jonas Shaaf . Do you know what kind of characters you want to play? You need one starting F&D character and one 2000 XP "signature" character whose career and specs can be from any of the three lines as well as the Jedi career and specs from Rise of the Separatists and Collapse of the Republic; just no Clones or Retired Clone Troopers.

Can i be a Droid? Looking at Droid Tech spec.

2 minutes ago, RandiQuade said:

Can i be a Droid? Looking at Droid Tech spec.

Yep. For your 2000 XP Signature character. Your starting character needs to be a Force user though.

5 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yep. For your 2000 XP Signature character. Your starting character needs to be a Force user though.

Ill look into builds. I saw there is a party ship, Starfighter Ace has always been a interest of mine. Species probably Sathari. I love those goofy birds.

6 minutes ago, RandiQuade said:

Ill look into builds. I saw there is a party ship, Starfighter Ace has always been a interest of mine. Species probably Sathari. I love those goofy birds.

Yep. The party ship, the Jedi Star , is captained by my Signature character. A Starfighter Ace can be useful as a relief pilot (particularly when I have GM duties), co-pilot, or gunner.