Jedi Star OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well, that's what disadvantage gets you. Misinformation and uncertainty. Not to mention many clans will have served during her time as Mandalore, so it is perfectly feasible.

I know. That’s why Rei’s suspicious.

@Rabobankrider I protest @Tramp Graphics post on the grounds of the DBAD rule. If I broke character to not call REI girlfriend, he can break charact to DBAD cause if he doesn't Aris is leaving without REI having a connection to the party because that's what she would do in character. This is exactly the kind of history ive had whenever I've played along with Tramp against my better judgment.

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Rabobankrider I protest @Tramp Graphics post on the grounds of the DBAD rule. If I broke character to not call REI girlfriend, he can break charact to DBAD cause if he doesn't Aris is leaving without REI having a connection to the party because that's what she would do in character. This is exactly the kind of history ive had whenever I've played along with Tramp against my better judgment.

Rei’s gonna rail on Jonas as well for not breaking up the fight too. It’s not just Aris.

6 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Rei’s gonna rail on Jonas as well for not breaking up the fight too. It’s not just Aris.

It doesn't matter, good roleplaying is no excuse for a player violating DBAD in character. Rei's got no connection to the party if she can't be civil now. I broke character by editting my post to not have Aris call Rei girlfriend, you can break character to be civil too.

Edited by EliasWindrider
5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

It doesn't matter, good roleplaying is no excuse for a player violating DBAD in character. Rei's got no connection to the party if she can't be civil now. I broke character by editting my post to not have Aris call Rei girlfriend, you can break character to be civil too.

No, but, Rei isn’t PO’d that you guys didn’t even try to break up the fight, regardless of who started it, and then made excuses for it. That doesn’t sit well with Mandalorian sensibilities.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

No, but, Rei isn’t PO’d that you guys didn’t even try to break up the fight, regardless of who started it.

If that's the way you want to play it, Aris is going to respond in character, get ready to roll up a new character because Rei has no connection to the party and is staying on Mandalore

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If that's the way you want to play it, Aris is going to respond in character, get ready to roll up a new character because Rei has no connection to the party and is staying on Mandalore

That’s fine. I’m expecting her to.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That’s fine. I’m expecting her to.

Done, and I'm not editing it this time.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Done, and I'm not editing it this time.

Check your PM, you’ll understand.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
19 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Check your PM, you’ll understand.

I'm the next GM and REI isn't leaving Mandalore. I am not dealing with the rivalry that you are setting up between Aris and Rei, not as a GM and not as a player.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Tramp Graphics , probably not a smart move to play a character as a **** before they get into the group, and if you were planning for some kind of inter character rivalry, you probably should have checked with me or @EliasWindrider in advance.

@EliasWindrider , I would ask that you don't drag @Jonas Shaaf out of the bar however. As he has sort of fallen into the role of defacto leader after Gorse, he may be willing to take on Rei. Also @AtariAssasin will still need to add his character to the party, and hasn't really had the chance yet (sorry dude).

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , probably not a smart move to play a character as a **** before they get into the group, and if you were planning for some kind of inter character rivalry, you probably should have checked with me or @EliasWindrider in advance.

@EliasWindrider , I would ask that you don't drag @Jonas Shaaf out of the bar however. As he has sort of fallen into the role of defacto leader after Gorse, he may be willing to take on Rei. Also @AtariAssasin will still need to add his character to the party, and hasn't really had the chance yet (sorry dude).

I am not playing in or GMing the game if Rei is in it, I am not going to deal with this.

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I know, and I just apologized for that in PM. I should have warned him. It was not personal. Rei did grill Jonas too, not just Aris.

7 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I know, and I just apologized for that in PM. I should have warned him. It was not personal. Rei did grill Jonas too, not just Aris.

Warning me wouldn't have made a difference, because I will never sign on for dealing with another (besides Korath) ANTAGONISTIC character played by Mike Trampert. Period. This either cost you the game or the character Rei. You get to choose which.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Ok, @Tramp Graphics , @EliasWindrider , I have a tricky situation now. I have one ultimatum for the next gm to walk if a character is involved, and another player heavily involved in said character. This only leaves a couple of options, and you two have to make the decision. If you don't, it looks like this game will be dead in a day or so:

1. @Tramp Graphics , you can re-work Rei's personality, and retcon your post of her being aggressive to what basically amounts to people she does not know. I hope that @EliasWindrider would be willing to accept the character if she was not being played as a ****.
  2. You reach a compromise where you differentiate between ic and ooc, where you two can reach and equilibrium where both players can coincide.
  3. You make a new character that actually meshes well with the group that people can get along with.
  4. @EliasWindrider walks, leaving no gm and effectively killing this game when I stand down at the end of the session.
  5. @Tramp Graphics walks, meaning that chances are the game will collapse anyway, if only from lack of numbers and general interest.

Now I am going to bed, and you two need to figure this **** out. I can't do it for you. I hope everyone can act like adults and get this back together so the game can actually move on. If not, well, that's it then really. Also if you do insist on carrying on the debate on this in the public forum, take it to the misc thread, not here.

@AtariAssasin , @Jonas Shaaf , I can only apologise that this is happening.

I apologize as well.

I prefer Option 2. This was intended to be purely IC. And, as I posted IC, Rei didn’t single Aris out specifically, but both Aris and Jonas for not doing anything to break up the fight, especially since Jonas is a Jedi and Aris is his companion/potential apprentice.

55 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I apologize as well.

I prefer Option 2. This was intended to be purely IC. And, as I posted IC, Rei didn’t single Aris out specifically, but both Aris and Jonas for not doing anything to break up the fight, especially since Jonas is a Jedi and Aris is his companion/potential apprentice.

2 isn't happening. If you ask nicely I might consider 1.

11 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

2 isn't happening. If you ask nicely I might consider 1.

@Rabobankrider already said not to drag Jonas out of the bar.

7 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Rabobankrider already said not to drag Jonas out of the bar.

Tough, I'm not dealing with another antagonistic character played by Mike Trampert.

Edited by EliasWindrider
8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Tough, I'm not dealing with another antagonistic character played by Mike Trampert.

I’m not saying Aris can’t leave, nor did he. He said not to take Jonas with her. Besides, Rei is between them and the exit.

2 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I’m not saying Aris can’t leave, nor did he. He said not to take Jonas with her. Besides, Rei is between them and the exit.

And now 1 is off the table. If you want me to remove another option keep arguing.

Edited by EliasWindrider
17 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, @Tramp Graphics , @EliasWindrider , I have a tricky situation now. I have one ultimatum for the next gm to walk if a character is involved, and another player heavily involved in said character. This only leaves a couple of options, and you two have to make the decision. If you don't, it looks like this game will be dead in a day or so:

1. @Tramp Graphics , you can re-work Rei's personality, and retcon your post of her being aggressive to what basically amounts to people she does not know. I hope that @EliasWindrider would be willing to accept the character if she was not being played as a ****.
  2. You reach a compromise where you differentiate between ic and ooc, where you two can reach and equilibrium where both players can coincide.
  3. You make a new character that actually meshes well with the group that people can get along with.
  4. @EliasWindrider walks, leaving no gm and effectively killing this game when I stand down at the end of the session.
  5. @Tramp Graphics walks, meaning that chances are the game will collapse anyway, if only from lack of numbers and general interest.

Now I am going to bed, and you two need to figure this **** out. I can't do it for you. I hope everyone can act like adults and get this back together so the game can actually move on. If not, well, that's it then really. Also if you do insist on carrying on the debate on this in the public forum, take it to the misc thread, not here.

@AtariAssasin , @Jonas Shaaf , I can only apologise that this is happening.

I've edited Rei's IC posts to be significantly less overtly "hostile".

I was really hoping I would get back from work to find this dealt with. Unfortunately not as it would seem.

@EliasWindrider , @Tramp Graphics , did neither of you read my post about NOT continuing this here? So, to be honest I'm still very much done with this whole bull situation. How you two continue to insist that you are friends frankly astounds me. I have never seen two 'friends' bicker and fight so much. I genuinely believe that neither of you should ever play one of these games together again. Like it or not, this ******* and fighting between you two is probably the biggest reason that this game has failed (it's not the only one, but it's certainly one of the two biggest factors). With all the power gaming, rules lawyering and pedantic ******* about, no less than six players have left this game. That combined with the crashing and burning of the first version of this, I have never seen anything like it. I could write a ******* short story about it.

Outside of you two I have one player who barley posts (and honestly I don't blame them), and one poor player who has joined this game as one of their first star wars ffg experiences, and is subject to this. Really? Stop for a minute, and just think of the example you two 'veterans' are setting for them. It is **** like this why there are reddit groups warning about 'that guy' players. It is **** like this why people avoid playing on line with strangers.

Now, as you two have reached an impasse, I believe I have come up with an elegant and appropriate solution (I am being sarcastic of course). Both of you act like adults, learn to get along and deal with your **** outside of this game, BY FRIDAY, or I will declare this game dead and reboot it on another thread for anyone else who actually wants to carry it on (though how anyone would be able to play this setting without the sour taste of all this **** coming up I don't know).

I should have done this a long time ago, but I'm doing it now. I don't care who is in the wrong more than the other, I don't care how you sort it out, just ******* do it. Or don't. Either way, I will have dealt with this, and it will be dealt with. No second chances, no reprieve. Death or teamwork, your choice.

And again: TAKE THIS OFF OF THE OOC THREAD.

In 2006 I had to quit Mike's game because I couldn't stay in it and stay his friend, the last straw was him calling me up to harass me and I called him a f-ing moron. I've been less patient/tolerant of his B.S. since then. He has mellowed a little is the last 14 years but ... I really thought the issue was Korath was Mike's ideal version of his star wars self and that was THE reason he wouldn't compromise violates the DBAD rule left and right. Maybe that's true but what it takes him to budge at all e.g. a "less overtly hostile" edit with a starting character is a real threat of the game ending. I'm just not going to deal with it as GM because he does not respect GM's authority and every little thing is pulling teeth. I'm just not going to deal the frustration/negativity of hashing through every little thing, it's not fair to the other players in this game (including Rabobankrider), it's not fair to me, my wife, son, or my daughter who is going to be born any day now, it affects them because they see it affect me. So I'M OUT. See you guys around.

@EliasWindrider , fair enough.

@Tramp Graphics , unless you can find another gm to carry on after me, or if you are going to gm, this game is effectively done. I recommend you do what multiple people have said, and write the story of Rei and Korath as a fanfic.

@Jonas Shaaf , @AtariAssasin , if you want you can join the other games I run. @EliasWindrider , I would offer this to you, but as @Tramp Graphics is currently a member of those games, there's no way in **** that I am having you two play together with me as gm. Sorry.