STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

1 hour ago, Ixidor said:

Other than the main pilot's racer and whatever the two ships are that are seen attacking the city, I would expect most of these to fall into Scum. That is, unless the other pilots and racers are shown to be directly tied to one of those two factions. I get what you're saying but what we've seen so far does not seem like it will fill in those factions very much.

Eh, I mean the Rebels did get Sabine's Tie Fighter, who would have guessed the Rebels getting Ties before then? The fact of the matter is that at present the FO has what 5 possible ships? TIE/FO, TIE/SF, Tie Silencer, Upsilon, and the shuttle that Finn and Rose stole in TLJ. While the Resistance has the T-70, Starfortress, A-Wing Mk2, Falcon, and the Resistance Shuttle from TFA and the Resistance Shuttle from the DL/WDW expansions. Both factions definitely need more filling out, and Episode 9 won't be tapable for content until around release of the film at the earliest or shortly there after if we are lucky and they can actually try to have the ships match their on screen abilities.

That leaves those factions with 5 and 6 possible ships at most until late next year, whereas the other factions can draw upon 10s of ships each.

3 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Eh, I mean the Rebels did get Sabine's Tie Fighter, who would have guessed the Rebels getting Ties before then? The fact of the matter is that at present the FO has what 5 possible ships? TIE/FO, TIE/SF, Tie Silencer, Upsilon, and the shuttle that Finn and Rose stole in TLJ. While the Resistance has the T-70, Starfortress, A-Wing Mk2, Falcon, and the Resistance Shuttle from TFA and the Resistance Shuttle from the DL/WDW expansions. Both factions definitely need more filling out, and Episode 9 won't be tapable for content until around release of the film at the earliest or shortly there after if we are lucky and they can actually try to have the ships match their on screen abilities.

That leaves those factions with 5 and 6 possible ships at most until late next year, whereas the other factions can draw upon 10s of ships each.

I totally understand your argument but until the show actually releases and we see how those various pilots and ships are used, I'm not assuming any of them are going into any faction. Like I said, I'd not be surprised if the main racer goes to Resistance or the attacking ships go to the FO but I don't see much of a reason YET to assume the other ships would end up anywhere other than Scum. That could definitely change once the show airs.

Let's come back to this in October, or if they release any other info before then.

2 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

I totally understand your argument but until the show actually releases and we see how those various pilots and ships are used, I'm not assuming any of them are going into any faction. Like I said, I'd not be surprised if the main racer goes to Resistance or the attacking ships go to the FO but I don't see much of a reason YET to assume the other ships would end up anywhere other than Scum. That could definitely change once the show airs.

Let's come back to this in October, or if they release any other info before then.

We definitely have to wait and see, the soonest I feel we will even see anything from the show is summer or fall next year with them launching the PT factions in Late Winter or Spring.

5 hours ago, Ixidor said:

That's the most likely one of the group, I guess.

The rest, I won't hold my breath. But I'll also be happy to see them if it happens.

Other than the main pilot's racer and whatever the two ships are that are seen attacking the city, I would expect most of these to fall into Scum. That is, unless the other pilots and racers are shown to be directly tied to one of those two factions. I get what you're saying but what we've seen so far does not seem like it will fill in those factions very much.

We've seen all of two ships clearly in a short trailer so far, and at that, the trailer is almost certainly made exclusively from footage found in the pilot episode. I think they'll have plenty more opportunities to show off ships for the Resistance and First Order in time.

1 minute ago, Freeptop said:

We've seen all of two ships clearly in a short trailer so far, and at that, the trailer is almost certainly made exclusively from footage found in the pilot episode. I think they'll have plenty more opportunities to show off ships for the Resistance and First Order in time.

That's basically my point, yeah. Nothing shown so far really makes that much sense for FO or Resistance but we've got an entire season to see that will potentially add more to those factions, as well as to Scum. The trailer might only have footage of the first episode (it definitely felt that way to me, some of it even felt like it would be in an opening or closing credit reel).

56 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Actually, though we can’t guarantee it, it is VERY likely that one or more of the racers will join Kazudo in the resistance. The reasin is based on past examples of stories in star wars. Kazudo will make friends with some, earn the respect of others so when the First Order truly strikes, they can rise up and resist them. As the show is named Resistance, there is a very good chance this will happen.

Not 100% I admit, but I would say about 90% likely. It is a show aimed at kids (as star wars should be) and therefore will show the main characters being heroic and doing what is right. Will there be twists, likely. Yeager could be the hidden villian.

4 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Actually, though we can’t guarantee it, it is VERY likely that one or more of the racers will join Kazudo in the resistance. The reasin is based on past examples of stories in star wars. Kazudo will make friends with some, earn the respect of others so when the First Order truly strikes, they can rise up and resist them. As the show is named Resistance, there is a very good chance this will happen.

Not 100% I admit, but I would say about 90% likely. It is a show aimed at kids (as star wars should be) and therefore will show the main characters being heroic and doing what is right. Will there be twists, likely. Yeager could be the hidden villian.

given that it starting only a few months before TFA/TLJ, i suspect what'll happen is that we'll get one season of the main character racing and spying, then it'll end with Hosnian Prime blown up, the First Order sweeping across the galaxy, and then season 2 onwards we'll get "fighting a war against the First Order" storylines.

in some ways this gives me vibes of the old Heavy Gear TV series and what it was supposed to be.. started with a young and skilled mechanic who was also a great pilot finally getting a break to join the national competition team he fanboy'd. was supposed to go for about half a season with the sim-fire gladiator/racing stuff then transition to an outright war story as war between the nations broke out, the gladiator teams got drafted back into the army, and they had to face their rivals in actual life or death combat. then the execs stepped in and decided the war stuff would just confuse people so they tacked on a bunch of filler with ever more absurd gladiator events instead.

i can't see Disney meddling with the premise that much though, since unlike the Heavy Gear show, Resistance has an established wider setting and timeline they have to conform to from the other works.

15 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I wouldn't be surprised if instead of it being another racer, it's the guy that says "I don't want to have anything to do with this."

And your suggestion certainly gives a good reason for the pilots to be in the Resistance faction. Their ship might not. There's still so many unknowns.

star-wars-resistance-banner-1.jpg?x42694

Lots of pretty ships.

Just a bigger version of what That Blasted Samophlange posted, plus the cover of a book related to the show.

0TRRPB5Nt7to9VrYcr3m2YtrCOAcZR-SWR315HfTglo.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=ebfcc9f099445f3870dc64a86977d0ed Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots (World of Reading Level 2) (08.01.2019)

10 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Just a bigger version of what That Blasted Samophlange posted, plus the cover of a book related to the show.

0TRRPB5Nt7to9VrYcr3m2YtrCOAcZR-SWR315HfTglo.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=ebfcc9f099445f3870dc64a86977d0ed Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots (World of Reading Level 2) (08.01.2019)

Kel dor pilot! Also, smirking rodian!

Dave with out a hat?!?!?!

There's some new stuff in there and much better looks at some of the ones we've already seen.

I'm not sure we can assume to much from the still artwork seen in some shots, as that might be production art that doesn't make it into the show.

Definitely a few shots of X-Wings, some of which seemed a little different than T-70s or T-65s but that might be the artistic difference or weird angles/lighting.

vlcsnap-2018-08-29-18h46m39s63.png

I'm liking it! Adventurous, fun Star Wars is never a bad thing!

I'm sure it'll develop and mature as time goes on, too. In fact I have no doubt about that what so ever.

Also saw the Upsilon Shuttle in that trailer. 85E14331-0282-400F-AF1D-13F84C124D1E.jpeg.d4132c2e5d6706c2a452a8bb5e599100.jpeg

I like that red TIE Pilot armor.

Ships are looking good at least. I will be fine if this show doesn't go as dark as Rebels did eventually.

1 hour ago, Ixidor said:

There's some new stuff in there and much better looks at some of the ones we've already seen.

I'm not sure we can assume to much from the still artwork seen in some shots, as that might be production art that doesn't make it into the show.

Definitely a few shots of X-Wings, some of which seemed a little different than T-70s or T-65s but that might be the artistic difference or weird angles/lighting.

45 minutes ago, redxavier said:

Engine intake and exhaust design looks T-70 as does the aft contouring.

latest?cb=20150914023437

This shot is from the Wiki page on the T-70 from the fight around Mahz's place.

Apparently this is a new Republic pilot from the show. Note the new symbol for the New Republic.

gu4dJjtx_C6V_jEgDDy-EB3f7rVKiqcGg7fTxir1Cko.png?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=af6c59d62c7a2cd56b4fc298e69af711

[SHIPS WHOOSHING]

I can't believe some people still can't tell T-70s and T-65s apart.

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

Apparently this is a new Republic pilot from the show. Note the new symbol for the New Republic.

gu4dJjtx_C6V_jEgDDy-EB3f7rVKiqcGg7fTxir1Cko.png?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=af6c59d62c7a2cd56b4fc298e69af711

The symbol isn’t new, it was in a few stuff before. (The Last Jedi visual dictionary definitely had that symbol.) Good spot.

2 hours ago, RedLeader23 said:

The symbol isn’t new, it was in a few stuff before. (The Last Jedi visual dictionary definitely had that symbol.) Good spot.

Didn't look through the visual dictionaries for any of the new films aside from Rogue One, and don't thank me, thank Reddit for the discovery. I just wanted to pass it along for those interested. :)

Gotta say, the animation is growing on me rather quickly, the trailers weird cuts didn't do it justice.