Sorastro's Painting

By Sorastro, in Painting

2 hours ago, CaptMook said:

Awesome! I especially love your security droids. I had been planning on doing mine like that and I'm glad someone else appreciates them!

I can't tell from the video, but does the droid body look fine if you don't add the backpack? I want to nail the security droid look, but not if it reveals an unfinished back on the droid.

Thanks! From what I remember I think they actually look OK without the backpack - although I haven't compared how they look with the on-screen counterparts or anything.. :)

18 hours ago, Sorastro said:

Thanks! From what I remember I think they actually look OK without the backpack - although I haven't compared how they look with the on-screen counterparts or anything.. :)

Thanks for the response! I can't wait to use your guide to paint up my droids! Is your next video going to cover the Clone Wars core set too?

6 hours ago, CaptMook said:

Thanks for the response! I can't wait to use your guide to paint up my droids! Is your next video going to cover the Clone Wars core set too?

No problem! Yes, my next few Legion videos will be for the Clone Wars Core Set ๐Ÿ˜€

6 hours ago, Sorastro said:

No problem! Yes, my next few Legion videos will be for the Clone Wars Core Set ๐Ÿ˜€

Any teaser yet on what you have planned for after this wave of clones and droids?

3 hours ago, aniron said:

Any teaser yet on what you have planned for after this wave of clones and droids?

Hi Aniron! I've no idea myself yet :)

10 hours ago, Sorastro said:

I would love to see some tips and tricks for the shoretroopers and the tauntauns... maybe as a PDF-file?

11 hours ago, Sorastro said:

Maybe an alien smรถrgรฅsbord once the rebel trooper upgrade expansion hits, perhaps supplemented with select aliens from the units you won't be doing full videos of?

On 9/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, RedAnya said:

I would love to see some tips and tricks for the shoretroopers and the tauntauns... maybe as a PDF-file?

Hi! I've published a quick Shoretrooper guide which you can grab here . I hope you find it useful! ๐Ÿ˜€

48865287528_dd77b08375_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Sorastro said:

Hi! I've published a quick Shoretrooper guide which you can grab here . I hope you find it useful! ๐Ÿ˜€

48865287528_dd77b08375_b.jpg

Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜„

I started reading the Shoretrooper pdf...I immediately read all the text in Sorastro's voice, I couldn't help it.

I am looking forward to seeing if you have any tips for adding markings to Clone troopers to make the squads stand out a bit.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:11 PM, Sorastro said:

Very helpful ... though not having Vallejo Buff as a base -- is the closer Citadel color Wraithbone, Ushabti Bone, Zandri Dust, or Steel Legion Drab, do you think? I do have Skeleton Horde to use as a wash. I'd originally thought either Ushabti or Zandri base, Agrax wash, and Ushabti highlight; or perhaps just Skeleton Horde over white primer.

Admittedly I have no rush for this ... I made the mistake of ordering my Shoretroopers and Dewbacks together, expecting them to arrive together, and now my Shoretroopers are held up awaiting my Dewbacks! :(

9 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Very helpful ... though not having Vallejo Buff as a base -- is the closer Citadel color Wraithbone, Ushabti Bone, Zandri Dust, or Steel Legion Drab, do you think? I do have Skeleton Horde to use as a wash. I'd originally thought either Ushabti or Zandri base, Agrax wash, and Ushabti highlight; or perhaps just Skeleton Horde over white primer.

Admittedly I have no rush for this ... I made the mistake of ordering my Shoretroopers and Dewbacks together, expecting them to arrive together, and now my Shoretroopers are held up awaiting my Dewbacks! :(

Hi! If you mix Zandri Dust with white you'll get a close match to Vallejo's Buff :)

1 hour ago, Sorastro said:

Hi! If you mix Zandri Dust with white you'll get a close match to Vallejo's Buff :)

Excellent, thank you very much!

@Sorastro your B1 tutorial was fantastic! Just wondering if you are planning on doing something different for the Clone troopers or is your Stormtrooper vid close enough to just use that?

14 hours ago, Atromix said:

@Sorastro your B1 tutorial was fantastic! Just wondering if you are planning on doing something different for the Clone troopers or is your Stormtrooper vid close enough to just use that?

Thanks mate! For the Clone Troopers I will certainly be experimenting with some alternative approaches (and possibly exploring a Contrast Colours-based approach). :)

Any hint on a release time? I picked up some clones yesterday and am thinking to start painting them soon. Admittedly my plan is to go with teal and not white but I am always interested to see your approach and what I can learn from it.

Thank you Master Sorastro for all those good videos and painting guides !! Can't wait to see/read the one you will do on the rebel commandos.... :D :D

Here are a few pics of my first SWL models, I'm quite happy with the rebels but maybe will do a bit more highlights on the stormtroopers (I dipped them instead of washes and not so happy with the result).

Rebels and Chewie

AT RT

Rebels

Stormtroopers 1

Stormtroopers 2

All the storm together

Thanks and greetings from France !

If/when you do a droideka paint tutorial, will you be adding the subtle purple to the edges of the copper metal? It seems like a detail someone like you could pull off.

I like how it looks like the droid's blasters get so hot that oxidizes the metal. I think it would really make the miniature pop.

LVhdYGim.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 9:26 AM, DarkHorse said:

I am looking forward to seeing if you have any tips for adding markings to Clone troopers to make the squads stand out a bit.

I second this! It would really be cool to see!

20 hours ago, Blackreach said:

I second this! It would really be cool to see!

I'll see what I can do - I'll be tackling the Clones a bit later this month. :)

Edited by Sorastro
3 hours ago, Sorastro said:

I'll see what I can do - I'll be tackling the Clones a bit later this month. :)

Have you ever given any thought to being cloned yourself? More Sorastro content for us and less work for you...it's a win-win for all! :)

6 hours ago, Digitalfiends said:

Have you ever given any thought to being cloned yourself? More Sorastro content for us and less work for you...it's a win-win for all! :)

Great idea !! :D

15 hours ago, Digitalfiends said:

Ha ha - yes, Iโ€™ve often thought how much easier my life would be if could clone myself ๐Ÿ˜†

Joruus C'Raastro.

Sounds dangerous...

Hi guys,

Here is my Vader following the Master's video :)

IMG_20191116_172931

The light of the saber is not as cool as I expected, I will enforce the glaze a bit more I think..