Sorastro's Painting

By Sorastro, in Painting

On 3/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, CloneTrooperOdball123 said:

Is it better to paint the minis before or after you assemble them?

Yes.

Rather tongue-in-cheek, but it really depends. If there’s a model with a lot of hard to reach places, I tend to at least paint those locations before assembly.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, CloneTrooperOdball123 said:

Is it better to paint the minis before or after you assemble them?

It depends. If your mini is like Han, whose arms are more flared out, you might be able to keep him glued together while painting for a more stable base. However, if their arms are crossed over their chests, it kight be easier to dry fit and paint; leaving the final gluing until after your painted and stained

On 3/18/2020 at 6:56 PM, Zephyr444 said:

It depends. If your mini is like Han, whose arms are more flared out, you might be able to keep him glued together while painting for a more stable base. However, if their arms are crossed over their chests, it kight be easier to dry fit and paint; leaving the final gluing until after your painted and stained

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Hello there !

My last box of legion minis. Thanks for helping me get so far Sorastro

20200415_211552~3.jpg

On 4/15/2020 at 9:24 PM, Zephyr444 said:

My last box of legion minis. Thanks for helping me get so far Sorastro

20200415_211552~3.jpg

Crushed it !

...moved to another topic!

Edited by M0N0LITH
Wrong topic

Watch out - the Droidekas are here! I hope you enjoy this next episode in the painting series... 😀

Love your Youtube tutorials man, and you work is simply stunning. They look so realistic!

One day someone will attempt to paint up Captain Phasma.

@Sorastro already made a guide.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:26 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

One day someone will attempt to paint up Captain Phasma.

@Sorastro already made a guide.

metal-color-vallejo-chrome-77707.jpg

Before and after. Took a few years to get it good enough. Thanks for a great guide Sorastro!

IMG-20201001-223152802.jpg
IMG-20201001-223209444.jpg

On 10/1/2020 at 9:44 PM, jocke01 said:

Before and after. Took a few years to get it good enough. Thanks for a great guide Sorastro!

IMG-20201001-223152802.jpg
IMG-20201001-223209444.jpg

Beautiful work my friend! Thanks for sharing :)

Hello! It's been a while, but I have another episode for you. Enjoy! :)

1 minute ago, Sorastro said:

Hello! It's been a while, but I have another episode for you. Enjoy! :)

@Sorastro

SEXY !!

Hi folks! Today I have a video for the awesome Clan Wren expansion to share with you:

I hope you enjoy it!

S.

How did you get the pictures to show in your thread! Love your tutorials and would like to post my efforts in my thread

13 minutes ago, kuffdaddy said:

How did you get the pictures to show in your thread! Love your tutorials and would like to post my efforts in my thread

You'll need to use a 3rd party image hosting like, flickr, photobucket, imgbb etc.

Upload there, then you can post the direct/image links :) 🤘

Thanks to all those that shared their photos and painting tips in this forum. Really did enjoy them and of course thanks to Sorastro for showing all us IA players the way.

I can't tell you how important this thread has been to me on my painting journey. I am so sad to see it go -

But if anyone would like to keep the saber lit over at BGG - here's the link :)

Star Wars Legion Painting Thread

16 hours ago, kuffdaddy said:

Hi! Yes - 54NCH32 right; I just used Flickr to host the pictures, then generated the code to paste into the forum. :)

@Sorastro With all the changes going on, will you still be putting together official painting tutorials for Legion? I would imagine you still would in some capacity. Just wasn't sure if your arrangement had changed with the move to AMG.

21 hours ago, Weikel said:

@Sorastro With all the changes going on, will you still be putting together official painting tutorials for Legion? I would imagine you still would in some capacity. Just wasn't sure if your arrangement had changed with the move to AMG.

Hi Weikel! I will almost certainly be continuing my work on Star Wars: Legion 😀