Star Wars: Revan's War OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I'm not playing. Pardon my intrusion.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, Shlambate said:

@Bellona Yes Zoroku was carrying 4 wounds through the whole get the ship adventure.

As soon as the systems diagnostics are done (and Zoroku is finished with phoning home), Armatta will use her Heal basic power on Zoroku ...

Heal power on Zoroku : 2eF 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ls-ls.png

Zoroku has 3 Wounds removed.

Armatta focuses again ...

Heal power on Zoroku : 2eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png

No activation because she declines to use the DS pips.

Armatta focuses a third time ...

Heal power on Zoroku (3rd time) : 2eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png

I think that Armatta is getting a bit frustrated.

She tries one more time ...

Heal power on Zoroku (4th time) : 2eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds.png f-ds.png

Okay, that's it, the Force is not with her right now! :(

Zoruku can remove the last Wound overnight and have a nice scar to remember it by. :)

That took the equivalent of 4 rounds, so not much time was spent on that.

Edited by Bellona

@Rabobankrider

What kind of check would be required for Armatta (plus any assistants) to go over the entire vessel in search of tracking beacons and similar unwanted items?

And how much time would it take during the 8-day journey in hyperspace?

Edited by Bellona
35 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Zoruku can remove the last Wound overnight and have a nice scar to remember it by. :)

That took the equivalent of 4 rounds, so not much time was spent on that.

If you would like you could have Armatta get to know Zoroku, who apparently the Council think he's the Leader of this mission. So I took the final Career skill as Leadership so that I may spend some exp on easy ranks.

2 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

If you would like you could have Armatta get to know Zoroku, who apparently the Council think he's the Leader of this mission. So I took the final Career skill as Leadership so that I may spend some exp on easy ranks.

Sounds like a good idea. Do you want to RP the conversation in the IC thread?

Armatta will want to know what happened on the mission to the shipyard - basically everything that occurred before the Admiralty raid. Would you be willing to give Zoroku's POV on what happened?

(As I mentioned earlier, I deliberately didn't read the earlier parts of the OOC/IC threads since Armatta wouldn't know about it herself.)

She also wants to get as many qualified people as possible involved with "beacon search" plan. (I think that her training under a Watchman has made her a bit paranoid! :D )

Sure after he has this conversation with the Ascendancy Handler, she could notice he’s injured somehow? It is a blaster bolt to the chest from earlier when we were tracking down some guys who set up Zalen to assassinate another Admiral. I don’t know how you would notice it though?

1 minute ago, Shlambate said:

Sure after he has this conversation with the Ascendancy Handler, she could notice he’s injured somehow? It is a blaster bolt to the chest from earlier when we were tracking down some guys who set up Zalen to assassinate another Admiral. I don’t know how you would notice it though?

Maybe he's moving a bit stiffly after all the stress/sneaking through vents? Or the wound broke open (for the same reason) and has started to bleed a little bit?

If he asks her if she's seen the ship's medical kit/found the medbay, then she can offer her Heal power.

It’s a burn mark, more than bleeding, so maybe it irritates under his armor so he goes to the Medbay to self apply something to take the burn off?

I like the idea of IC chatting between characters as they get to know each other. We did some of that in the temple but not much.

17 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

It’s a burn mark, more than bleeding, so maybe it irritates under his armor so he goes to the Medbay to self apply something to take the burn off?

When Armatta passes through the lounge after changing (she's still in the mechanic's outfit, IIRC), she could notice something amiss.

I'll post something IC to leave it open for Zoroku to ask about the medbay.

(Hopefully Rabo will be able to post the Chiss officer's reply soon, so that the IC thread doesn't get too much out of order.)

55 minutes ago, Jedi Ronin said:

I like the idea of IC chatting between characters as they get to know each other. We did some of that in the temple but not much.

I've just posted IC a reply to some of Krios' questions (assuming that he was meditating in the cockpit).

It seems to me that splitting up that conversation will make it feel more organic, and allow Armatta to answer Krios, get changed, help Zoroku, then talk again with Krios and others again (this time during dinner/supper).

Edited by Bellona
28 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I've just posted IC a reply to some of Krios' questions (assuming that he was meditating in the cockpit).

It seems to me that splitting up that conversation would feel more organic, and allow Armatta to answer Krios, get changed, help Zoroku, then talk again with Krios and others again (this time during dinner/supper).

Yeah Hopefully Rabo and I can finish up soon.

@Edgehawk where is An-Danja in all this?

@Bellona , to search the full ship you're looking at a daunting perception. With the size of the ship it'd be tricky to find anything small. If anyone wants to they can help you with an assist.

You are all welcome to use the ic thread for getting to know each other.

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Bellona , to search the full ship you're looking at a daunting perception. With the size of the ship it'd be tricky to find anything small. If anyone wants to they can help you with an assist.

You are all welcome to use the ic thread for getting to know each other.

Can Armatta cobble together a scanner or something like that, one which is specifically made for finding bugs/beacons/trackers?

@Bellona , sure. I'll say as you guys currently don't have crafting parts this will act as a temporary item (battery burns out, falls apart after etc). You can build a full time general purpose scanner later if you want when you guys stock up on parts etc. I'll say a hard mechanics with a boost will build a scanner, and then an average computers check will sort the scanning.

@Shlambate , I'll need a formidable (5 purple) negotiations check to see what information you get out of this.

Would the Force Seek Power be effective in locating a tracking beacon?

@Rabobankrider I don’t even have to roll to tell you I failed that one. 5p v 2g is unlikely to be a success. If I have no other bonuses for the roll at all I’ll go ahead and roll it but I thought he made good logical points to make this easier.

@Rabobankrider Silun was going to explore the ship for flavor anyways, is it ok if I make that perception check on the off chance he finds something with normal searching while Armatta works on her scanner?

@Edgehawk , I think for that to be effective you need to know of the existence of a person or item, rather than it be hypothetical.

@Shlambate , I'll give you a boost for the logic, that's fair.

@Mikeyfett7 , sure, go for it.

“Dude! You look like you need some nullcaine and a nap!”

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Bellona , sure. I'll say as you guys currently don't have crafting parts this will act as a temporary item (battery burns out, falls apart after etc). You can build a full time general purpose scanner later if you want when you guys stock up on parts etc. I'll say a hard mechanics with a boost will build a scanner, and then an average computers check will sort the scanning.

Scanner construction attempt ...

Build a one-use scanner?: Mechanics skill w. Manipulate power, own tool kit : 3eP+1eB+2eF+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 3 Light Side
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png b-a-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ls.png d--.png d-f.png d-th.png

Final Results (using 3 LS pips for +3 Successes, +1 Advantage from personal tool kit) : 5 Successes, 4 Advantages. (Alternatively, if spending LS pips on differently: 2 Successes, 7 Advantages.)

Scanner construction complete, in almost half the time normally required. (If I went with the extra Advantages instead, would they add any boosts to actually using the scanner?)

Scanner use on board the ship (we need to give it a name) ...

Anything to find?: Computers skill : 1eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes
p-a-a.png a-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

That looks like a successful attempt to find bugs/beacons/trackers/whatever (if there are any).

This will occur on the second day of the voyage, after the IC "getting to know each other" bits get a chance to be posted.

Edited by Bellona

As a note, I'll use the Daunting check recommended for finding any scanners and such, but Silun is also just trying to familiarize himself with the ship in general, so if I manage to get ahold of any advantages or anything I might spend them in that direction instead, especially since he knows Armatta is working on a much more reliable way to find bugs and such.

Perception check : 4eD+1eA+1eP 1 success, 4 threat
d-th-th.png d-th-th.png d--.png d-th.png a--.png p-s-a.png

I don't know how I succeeded on that, or what all those threats may entail, but I'll leave that up to @Rabobankrider 's interpretation.

4 Threat, A migraine I think.

4 threat? You’ve successfully searched the ship. Congrats. No trackers. But you did find the dianoga! Roll initiative.