Fourtytwo brings a brush and colours to Imperial Assault

By Fourtytwo, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

On ‎20‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 4:42 PM, jconway2002 said:

Your stuff is amazing! Do you happen to have an instagram account? Id like to follow if so...

On ‎21‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 7:38 AM, FrogTrigger said:

Fourtytwo you ever thought about streaming your painting? Even just some commentary while you paint is inciteful to beginners like myself.

On ‎21‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 11:50 PM, jconway2002 said:

I second this. I would love to watch you paint.

...this sounds creepy doesn't it?

First of all - many thanks, I really appreciate this. To answer your questions: No, I don't have an instagram account, I use a german tabletop and miniatures gaming forum as my image host for everything miniatures gaming-related. I also don't do videos or streams, since I don't have the equipment and experience producing these in the quality required for anything miniatures-painting-related, and most of all, it takes time setting up, post-producing etc., time I rather like to spend painting and gaming. It's a thing... :lol: I know, disappointing, isn't it?

To alleviate the disappointment at least a little bit, here's what I finished painting since I last posted a painted mini here:

5ab4da33e1a54_Rancor001.jpg.0ee9838e5050

5ab2711542a74_Rancor002.jpg.40978dd4f4a4

5abfad309a5a1_0-0-0001.jpg.1bd6384de336c

5ac9c7528b967_TheGrandInquisitor001.jpg.

Edited by Fourtytwo

Do you know who my favorite Star Wars-YouTuber is? Here's a hint:

5ae633168213d_Greedo001.jpg.39888cee0914

Oh, and: GIA! ?

The shine on the eyes turned out really well! (Not that I would expect anything less :P )

Wowzers, your painting is amazing! You're really inspiring me to up my own game!

"They got an Onar Koma..!"

5aedb9380027a_OnarKoma001.jpg.46aa83130e

Nice! awesome work man.

I've got the rest of the jabba heroes in the queue, so i'm currently deciding if it's this guy or Shlya up next.

This is the first hero from the Core Box I paint - Jyn Odan. Here's a WIP so far:

5af7daba59729_JynOdanWIP001.jpg.6acf31a6

I finished painting Jyn Odan, who I plan to team up with Ezra and Ahsoka in a new skirmish-team:

5afebf689586d_JynOdan002.jpg.9234b563452

Edited by Fourtytwo

Your Jyn is much better than my Jyn...wow!

Dude, you're not helping my nagging temptation to redo my core set heroes! ;)

Awesome work mate

Hey, didn't I already paint these? That's right, but I revisited both Loku and Ko-Tun to get them on par with my other figures I've done since Ahsoka, so I added a few highlights and glints and improved the skin where needed. What's more, both finally get their own picture-presentation like all the other figures I've done so far:

5b029e485fde9_Ko-TunFeralo001.jpg.3a288a

5b007690cd8bf_LokuKanoloa001.jpg.25222c7

I also outright stole two neat ideas by @Agis and created my own Rex and Anakin. I hope you don't mind, Agis, plus I naturally always credit you wherever I post these. I modified the upper arms for Rex and sculpted his clonetrooper-armour vambraces, plus I based his colour scheme on his character design in the episode 'A Fool's Hope' just before the series finale of Star Wars REBELS.

5b0b0a67d8ae4_CommanderRex001.jpg.0c10a9

I also modified Davith to make him into Anakin as he could have looked in REBELS had he not fallen to the dark side and became Darth Vader. I sculpted a bit of hair falling over the right side of his brow. I also decided to paint his armour similar to the elements of armour on Ahsoka in REBELS - bright but worn and beaten.

5b12d4ba81b6e_AnakinSkywalker001.jpg.03a

Edited by Fourtytwo

Wow. Those Rex and Anakin jobs look absolutely amazing!

They really are something. But personally, I love Ko-Tun and Loku, they look amazing!

I feel honoured!

It's currently unusually hot here in Germany, and I happen to live in the middle where it's the hottest - not a very good climate to paint minis. Still, I managed to re-paint my Leia figure, which sent my mind to the cold wastes of Hoth, and that helped a little...

5b5949cdc8980_LeiaOrgana001.jpg.ae464501

What a great paintjob, I am deeply impressed!

I know what you mean about the heat, we had our first rain in three months here in Sweden and I think you Germans have sent some firefighters to help us with all our bushfires. (So thanks for that)

I absolutely love all your models and Leia is so excellent I don't even know which words to use to describe it. Let's just settle for excellent.

Do you, for the most part, tend to do layer highlights or blending highlights? Specifically I'm looking at your Ahsoka model. I can't tell if the cloth on her is blended or layered.

Like most people on here, your stuff looks amazing.

On 3/12/2018 at 9:00 PM, Fourtytwo said:

Since I watched the REBELS series finale tuesday last week, I'm busy sculpting Ahsoka as she appeared in the epilogue, just for the fun of it. This takes time, since I'm sculpting in layers onto the re-posed mini of her we got for Imperial Assault. I still got a bit of sculpting to do as well as scratch-building her staff, but the figure is taking shape and looking good so far:

5aa6d92fd2d42_AhsokaWIP009.jpg.b99afc43e

5aa3b12322ff4_AhsokaWIP008.jpg.a89818091

How's this coming along?

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, aermet69 said:

How's this coming along?

It's still a WIP, since the new wave has priority now, and I already have a playable Ahsoka painted. I'm not idle, though, and have finished painting Ezra Bridger today:

5b8a8e0686205_EzraBridger001.jpg.cb14353

I've also started painting Sabine and have finished her face today. I'll post a WIP-image of her figure soon - it's all coming together nicely. :)

Ezra looks great! Would love to see a photo of the whole of Phoenix Squadron when they’re done!

Ahsoka looks more green stuff than original plastic. That work is incredible!

The paint job on Sabine is making good progress - here's how she looks so far:

5b8c04de0c066_SabineWrenWIP002.jpg.41951

Hells yes mate! Looking awesome

Your work is fantastic, thanks for sharing.

When you repainted Leia, did you strip the previous paint job and if so, how did you go about that? I've found stripping metal easy enough but not so good with the plastic/pvc!

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:10 AM, Nailbomb said:

When you repainted Leia, did you strip the previous paint job and if so, how did you go about that? I've found stripping metal easy enough but not so good with the plastic/pvc!

I used a product called Sterillium, which is a hand-desinfectant available here in Germany. I submerged the figure in this stuff overnight, and the next morning the colour came off by itself. I used an old toothbrush to remove a few remaining bits of colour and primer in the cracks of the figure.