Painting The Forces of Hepitude

By Hepitude, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Amazing once again. The upgrade model, she looks like she's holding a paint brush :)

4 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Amazing once again. The upgrade model, she looks like she's holding a paint brush :)

Thank you! I was thinking of maybe trying to carve a different shape into the brush end of her staff... it really doesn't look like wood at all. I wonder if the modelers were going for flame or something?

2 hours ago, Hepitude said:

Thank you! I was thinking of maybe trying to carve a different shape into the brush end of her staff... it really doesn't look like wood at all. I wonder if the modelers were going for flame or something?

Guys, it's a mop. Sometimes when people (elves) say they are going to cleanse the evil they mean it literally.

The Leonx riders even have those grabber sticks for picking up trash.

It's amazing the designer gave us an army with such an unusual theme!

Edited by Polda

@Hepitude hate to break balls, I removed he tusks, in wraithists thread ?. Actually I like breaking balls lets all be honest. Nice work sir.

11 hours ago, Darthain said:

@Hepitude hate to break balls, I removed he tusks, in wraithists thread ?. Actually I like breaking balls lets all be honest. Nice work sir.

AAH! My apologies, I didn't notice it was you posting in that thread. I've credited you in the original post now. :)

Edited by Hepitude

Here's the first unit from my new core set. I love the yellow design almost as much as I hate the purple design. This is the first time I've been genuinely stumped when it comes to a shield pattern. I've painted over it about three times now and it's better than it was, but I still kinda hate it. I wanted to do something with purple stripes, but I think they might just be too strange for a shield. If you guys have any thoughts or suggestions on how to make the purple stripes work I'd love to hear them, otherwise I'll probably just start over with a new design.

Runewars Miniatures Daqan Spearmen Front Runewars Miniatures Daqan Spearmen Back Runewars Miniatures Daqan Spearmen Side Runewars Miniatures Daqan Shield Closeup

You must be joking. The purple & white look so good. No one else has shields like these.

Give it time. Live with it for 5 days or so before doing anything rash!

I too like it, purple candy cane, it is better than sir picanic blanket

Maybe if the stripes were wider? But I wouldn't say it looks bad as it is.

Got my two trays of crossbows finished up and a few more reanimates from the core. I'm very excited because I finally have eight trays of reanimates and spearmen so with a little siege help I can run three by threes.

As a side note... these people must have the strongest left arms in existence. I have no idea how they're holding that huge slab of metal and wood.

Runewars Miniatures Daqan Crossbows Front Runewars Miniatures Daqan Crossbows Left Runewars MIniatures Daqan Crossbows Right Runewars Miniatres Daqan Crossbows Back Runewars Miniatures Reanimates Front Runewars MIniatures Reanimates Back

Edited by Hepitude
2 hours ago, Hepitude said:

So do you think those pony tails means there's some women behind the masks? (Front left)

22 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

So do you think those pony tails means there's some women behind the masks? (Front left)

Good eye! The original announcement for this unit mentioned this:

" Only the largest and most physically imposing men and women have the great strength and stamina required to reload the crossbows and wield the thick wood and iron shields that complete these warrior’s arsenal."

I had been wondering whether there would be anything to differentiate the men figures from the women. I'm very pleased to see those pony tails.

Everyone is probably sick of me posting models from the core set, but each one is different so I keep doing it. Shout me down and I'll stop I promise. BUT... I'm so excited to have so many skeletons done! I'm only 8 away from being able to run the largest block. I also love what they look like together (although it's getting harder and harder to come up with new color schemes).

Runewars Miniatures Reanimates 2 Front Runewars MIniatures Reanimates 2 Back Runewars Miniatures Reanimate Army Runewars MIniatures Reanimates Top Back Runewars MIniatures Reanimates Top Front

I'm certain you'll think of something.

Great work. LOTS of work!

Why would anyone get sick of core box unit repaints when you do such wonderful job? LOOK AT ALL THE COLORS!

Now THAT is a skellie horde! Looks fantastic!

Someone left their golem out in the rain...

Runewars Miniatures Rune Golem Front Runewars Miniatures Rune Golem Back

I love how you managed to blend the individuality of each model with unit cohesion. Each model is unique, yet they all fit together as a unit so well. Nice job!

Edited by wisetiger7
On 11/14/2017 at 5:31 PM, Hepitude said:

Someone left their golem out in the rain...

Runewars Miniatures Rune Golem Front Runewars Miniatures Rune Golem Back

That is almost a moss beard :)

18 minutes ago, Polda said:

That is almost a moss beard :)

I think he missed half his face shaving. :)

57 minutes ago, wisetiger7 said:

I love how you managed to blend the individuality of each model with unit cohesion. Each model is unique, yet they all fit together as a unit so well. Nice job!

Thank you! It's great to hear you think they have cohesion because that was what I was going for. I love being able to paint a bunch of chaotic colors together, but I still want the finished result to look like an army.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:27 PM, Glucose98 said:

On 11/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, Budgernaut said:

Good eye! The original announcement for this unit mentioned this:

" Only the largest and most physically imposing men and women have the great strength and stamina required to reload the crossbows and wield the thick wood and iron shields that complete these warrior’s arsenal."

I had been wondering whether there would be anything to differentiate the men figures from the women. I'm very pleased to see those pony tails.

Building the sculpts, it was quite clear the pony tail ones are infact women, the chest was slightly... chestier :P. Really hard to tell once the shield and crossbow go up though.

Man, I love this thread. So much cool stuff in here. Keep it coming!

I'd Venmo over some $ if you wanted to build me some terrain. Seriously. Its one side of the hobby I've yet to get into, but I love the way it looks on the table.

Amazing work...just...wow.

Ditto @docForsaken I would buy terrain.