Star Wars: Jedi Quest OOC thread

By Tramp Graphics, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

You got caught committing a crime (trespassing) and used the force to get out of its punishment. I would say that worth at least 1 conflict then.

What will you do once you land outside the base?

That depends upon how far away it is, and whether or not it's connected to the nearest city by any bridges. Kamino is a water world after all.

double post

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That depends upon how far away it is, and whether or not it's connected to the nearest city by any bridges. Kamino is a water world after all.

It's within the city. It's one of the outside buildings but they are all connected.

Just now, killerbeardhawk said:

It's within the city. It's one of the outside buildings but they are all connected.

What city is it? The three choices I have are Tipoca (the capitol), Timira, or Derem.

You're still in the same city you followed that ship to. Are you trying to go to a different city?

3 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

You're still in the same city you followed that ship to. Are you trying to go to a different city?

No. I just need to know what the name of the city is.

This is basically what I'm telling the Ties':

"I seem to have taken a wrong turn. I have a shipment of grid squares and lanyard oil for ______ city, can you tell me where I'm supposed to land and I'll be on my way."

Edited by Tramp Graphics

It's called Timira City. This was referenced in the In Character thread.

Edited by killerbeardhawk

They will lead you to the nearest port, it's within walking distance of the outpost. What will you do after you land?

4 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

They will lead you to the nearest port, it's within walking distance of the outpost. What will you do after you land?

Wait until the ties leave, then disembark, lock up the Jedi Star and activate its security systems, telling the droids to keep an eye on things, then stake out the base, just outside its perimeter.

You see it's all one building. Two figures stand infront of its primary entrance. Another figure is kneeing just inside of the perimeter.

Roughly how far away are they? Can I get any details or will I need to use macrobinoculars or Farsight?

Edited by Tramp Graphics
1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Roughly how far away are they? Can I get any details or will I need to use macrobinoculars or Farsight?

Long range. It's the other characters.

OK, I walk up to them.

And Tovera and Jarash are "already there", using Jarash's ability. It costs a destiny point in reguar play, but it's up to the gm whether you want to tax us for getting the group together.

Destiny: destiny pool : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Korath lands the Jedi Star outside of the outpost's perimeter, and locks down the ship.

"Hacker, S2, keep an eye on things."

As Mychal'el, Maa't and Chundar stand around the base' entrance they see a robed figure walking towards them.

Mychal'el ain't with them bro. I was hoping to have a bit of a Episode 1 style dual with Matt's guys inside the belly of this outpost.

How can Korath do all that stuff before Matt and I can can get out of the rain?

2 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

Mychal'el ain't with them bro. I was hoping to have a bit of a Episode 1 style dual with Matt's guys inside the belly of this outpost.

How can Korath do all that stuff before Matt and I can can get out of the rain?

Good question. :huh: Ask Killer. :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Good question. :huh: Ask Killer. :ph34r:

Well, it sure is killing the mood

4 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

Well, it sure is killing the mood

:lol:

I had figured that Matt's characters had already gone inside, and you had followed soon after, so I was going to wait until someone came out, or at least inspected the scene if no one was "at the gate". I guess Killer thought everyone was meeting up at the entrance. Go figure. :huh:

8 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

And Tovera and Jarash are "already there", using Jarash's ability. It costs a destiny point in reguar play, but it's up to the gm whether you want to tax us for getting the group together.

Destiny: destiny pool : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

No that's a perfect entrance! I'm taking the computers opportunity to offer up some different options. Feel free to go the direction of your choosing.

5 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I had figured that Matt's characters had already gone inside, and you had followed soon after, so I was going to wait until someone came out, or at least inspected the scene if no one was "at the gate". I guess Killer thought everyone was meeting up at the entrance. Go figure. :huh:

It may be best if you wait outside the perimeter, and let the other players react to all of the new posts. You can still see them with binoculars or Force, just don't interrupt them just yet.

5 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Me too, I'd assume that Mychal'el would know a shortcut and meet Matt's guys at inside after they found out too much.

11 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

Me too, I'd assume that Mychal'el would know a shortcut and meet Matt's guys at inside after they found out too much.

If your still not sure what to purchase with upgrades, can I suggest you buy what you know you want and simply hold onto the rest for the time being. That way at least you can roll dice.

"

The computer terminal displays the doors on each floor of the outpost. The top level's doors were easy to open, including the main entrances. The lower levels, past the special elevator in the center of the outpost, were restricted and could only be accessed from below.

Is "top level doors" the ground level where the presumed-jedi are at? I dont feel it was clear whether this facility was sprawling (horizontal), a building (tall), or a bunker (mostly underground).

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

Is "top level doors" the ground level where the presumed-jedi are at? I dont feel it was clear whether this facility was sprawling (horizontal), a building (tall), or a bunker (mostly underground).

49-kamino_cloning_facility.jpg

Tipoca%20City%20plateforme.jpg

Here's some visual references that might help

Edited by Mychal'el
31 minutes ago, Mychal'el said:

This picture is perfect. It's "tall" but doing down into the ocean. So yes the top levels are where the characters are.